Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)

Read 40787 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)
      Reply #276: Jul 01, 2016 12:02:27 am
      Out of all this guys impeccable stats these are the ones you highlight? ...lololo

In the three biggest games of his career he chokes a 1 vs 1 in each of them?

Pretty relevant, i reckon.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #277: Jul 01, 2016 06:34:30 am
      I watch enough to know that Higuain would fit into any top 6 side in the world. We aren't gonna go for him and it's just paper talk but if there was a sniff I would go collect him from the airport myself.
      Right so that's why at his prime age Madrid got rid.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #278: Jul 01, 2016 08:34:39 am
      Right so that's why at his prime age Madrid got rid.

Got rid of players like Robben and Sneijder in their prime too.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #279: Jul 01, 2016 10:33:55 am
      Got rid of players like Robben and Sneijder in their prime too.

And Di Maria
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #280: Jul 01, 2016 10:59:25 am

Robben was sold for Ronaldo - Madrid was right there!

Sneijder was sold for Kaka - the fact that the Brazilian couldn't replicate his form and got injured most of the time cannot be placed on their board, it made sense as a Business.

Well, they would have forced a move out anyway after Madrid decided to get Ronaldo and Kaka. Their interviews of not wanting to leave is just BS, had they remained at the Bernabau, they would not have become the players they are. What would you rather chose? Play second fiddle to a Galactico or go to a team (who btw, were among the top-5 clubs) where you are a definite starter and can win titles?!

Di Maria was sold for Rodriguez - While neither of them set the world alight, again the club haven't done anything wrong.

It is 'business as usual' for the club to chase Galacticos and they needed some cash inflow to compensate the big spends. In Higuain's case, both him and Benzema wanted to be the #9 but the latter had more trust from his team mates and the coach. Cant fault them there as well.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2016 11:10:17 am by Vicks86 »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #281: Jul 01, 2016 11:44:21 am

Sneijder was sold for Kaka - the fact that the Brazilian couldn't replicate his form and got injured most of the time cannot be placed on their board, it made sense as a Business.

Well, they would have forced a move out anyway after Madrid decided to get Ronaldo and Kaka. Their interviews of not wanting to leave is just BS, had they remained at the Bernabau, they would not have become the players they are. What would you rather chose? Play second fiddle to a Galactico or go to a team (who btw, were among the top-5 clubs) where you are a definite starter and can win titles?!

Di Maria was sold for Rodriguez - While neither of them set the world alight, again the club haven't done anything wrong.

It is 'business as usual' for the club to chase Galacticos and they needed some cash inflow to compensate the big spends. In Higuain's case, both him and Benzema wanted to be the #9 but the latter had more trust from his team mates and the coach. Cant fault them there as well.

Not that I actually care if we sign Higuain but having read that a couple of times, I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make Vicks so I have to ask: are you saying Liverpool would be wrong (or right) to sell Benteke for Higuain?  :laugh:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #282: Jul 01, 2016 11:59:28 am
      Not that I actually care if we sign Higuain but having read that a couple of times, I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make Vicks so I have to ask: are you saying Liverpool would be wrong (or right) to sell Benteke for Higuain?  :laugh:

A conclusion would have been good, right? :D

People were saying Madrid sold players in their prime and I was just stating why they had to.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #283: Jul 01, 2016 12:00:28 pm

Wasn't Higuain sold for Benzema by this logic? Higuain had a better record than Benzema's had at Real Madrid. Could argue that one wasn't worth it.

I might be getting timelines wrong here tbf.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #284: Jul 01, 2016 12:06:36 pm
      Wasn't Higuain sold for Benzema by this logic? Higuain had a better record than Benzema's had at Real Madrid. Could argue that one wasn't worth it.

I might be getting timelines wrong here tbf.

Benz came in during Madrid's 2009 summer overhaul to replace Huntelaar. Higuain went to Napoli in 2013.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #285: Jul 01, 2016 12:07:02 pm
      People were saying Madrid sold players in their prime and I was just stating why they had to.
      And that was... to make their team better; yes?  ;)
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #286: Jul 01, 2016 12:07:12 pm
      Benz came in during Madrid's 2009 summer overhaul to replace Huntelaar. Higuain went to Napoli in 2013.

Wow I was few years out. I'm guessing then it was to help buy Bale?

Benzema and Higuain are the same age! Would people have a problem signing Benzema? Not sure he's better than Higuain.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #287: Jul 01, 2016 12:12:34 pm
      Wow I was few years out. I'm guessing then it was to help buy Bale?

Exactly. Higuain and Ozil were the casualties to fund the purchases of Bale, Isco and Illara (although Bale's price alone was equal to the money they got for the former two).

Benzema and Higuain are the same age! Would people have a problem signing Benzema? Not sure he's better than Higuain.

It might not be long before they decide to cash in on Benzema to fund the purchase of say, Lewandowski or some other Galactico! The cycle goes on! They are now ready to flog off Kroos to Juve for Pogba. All they care about is recruiting the 'current' superstars, the reason they were desperate to land Bale after Neymar chose Barca.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #288: Jul 01, 2016 12:17:00 pm
      It might not be long before they decide to cash in on Benzema to fund the purchase of say, Lewandowski

Fair do's.

I'd take Higuain here in a heartbeat, think he's one of the top 10 strikers in the world. Don't think it'll happen mind.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #289: Jul 01, 2016 12:55:18 pm
      All they care about is recruiting the 'current' superstars...
      Daft bas**rds; eh? Would the 11 times European Champions not be safer just taking a leaf out of Leicester City's book?   :lmao:

-----------------------

Joking aside - I'm outta here... signing Higuain was never a goer.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #290: Jul 01, 2016 02:55:01 pm
      Higuain has a touch of Cavani about him, doesn't he? He will score lots of goals, but has a really bad habit of missing good chances, especially ones in important matches.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #291: Jul 14, 2016 09:19:41 pm
      Looks like he could be on his way to Juventus if the two clubs can agree a fee. With Napoli looking for £79m (his release clause).
      https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/753678910878023681

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/753674831560863744

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/753675695612715008

This transfer sh*t is F***ing mental. £79m for Higuain?! We only got 75m for F***ing Suarez!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #292: Jul 14, 2016 09:26:28 pm
      Ah lads that's some crazy sh*t if true , £79mil for Higuain. Some daft sh*t going on and it's the fans that will suffer over this type of nonsense.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #293: Jul 14, 2016 09:27:38 pm
      Looks like he could be on his way to Juventus if the two clubs can agree a fee. With Napoli looking for £79m (his release clause).

This transfer sh*t is f**king mental. £79m for Higuain?! We only got 75m for f**king Suarez!

Gee...I bet Juventus hope Napoli don't read these tweets...otherwise they'll just hold out for them to trigger his release clause :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #294: Jul 14, 2016 10:15:37 pm
      Gee...I bet Juventus hope Napoli don't read these tweets...otherwise they'll just hold out for them to trigger his release clause :laugh:

I was thinking the same :D.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #295: Jul 14, 2016 10:19:27 pm
      Juventus don't have that sort of money unless of course they cash in on Pogba.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #296: Jul 14, 2016 10:21:11 pm

This transfer sh*t is f**king mental. £79m for Higuain?! We only got 75m for f**king Suarez!

Juventus are linked with big money signings year after year but never happens, they just sign players reaching the end of their career for little to nothing. Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Aguero, Sanchez etc have all apparently been on the brink of a big money move to Juve.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #297: Jul 14, 2016 10:21:24 pm
      Juventus don't have that sort of money unless of course they cash in on Pogba.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #298: Jul 14, 2016 10:33:57 pm
      :lmao: £79m!

Gimme a F***ing break.

Quick Reply