Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)

Read 41599 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #138: May 31, 2016 08:01:21 pm
      The striker position is a difficult one because we've not seen what Origi and Ings can do over a full season and we've only seen Studge do it once, although he seems to score whenever he plays.

I've been a fan of Higuain's for a while and whilst he can have his off days when he misses easy chances, he is a top striker IMO. The price it will cost to bring him in makes this all mute though. There's no chance he leaves Napoli for anything reasonable and with it not being a pressing matter I don't see him coming here at all.

If we're going off need then he should go somewhere like United or Arsenal who IMO could do with him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #139: May 31, 2016 09:52:34 pm
      W.r.t. Higuain, my hopes were up temporarily. But reading few more articles today, not sure there is anything to this at all tbh :( F**k sake.

Ah well, probably best not to go spunking cash on a player like that. Computer would probably have said no too. Plus, he's probably a money grabbing b***ard that we're better off without, let him go to one of the other soulless clubs, it's where the shitbag belongs.
      Will admit had gotten a bit overexcited - just need to calm myself down and spend 20 mins repeating that chant FSG emailed me recently...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #140: May 31, 2016 10:38:43 pm
      If we sell Benteke and Studge then you're probably right mate but without European games we don't need 4 strikers plus Firmino when we only play 1 out and out striker.

We can't be spending £60m on a striker that's only going to play when Studge is injured or in the domestic cups, so if we need him then we don't need Daniel.

It depends whether we can keep em fit though, there was a 5-6 game stretch when the only available was Benteke hence Firmino had to play the role given Bentekes struggles. If we lose Studge to a per long term injury we are probably buggered in terms of a top 3 finish and a chance to get back up there, or at very best we are leaving it to chance in the hands of Origi and Ings. It's the most important position on the pitch and the first one you have to get right (and the most difficult to get right). I'm not saying £60 million on one player but I want to see a quality player come in, ideally it would be a tweeter who could also operate as an inside forward or across the front three.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #141: May 31, 2016 10:45:24 pm
      It depends whether we can keep em fit though, there was a 5-6 game stretch when the only available was Benteke hence Firmino had to play the role given Bentekes struggles. If we lose Studge to a per long term injury we are probably buggered in terms of a top 3 finish and a chance to get back up there, or at very best we are leaving it to chance in the hands of Origi and Ings. It's the most important position on the pitch and the first one you have to get right (and the most difficult to get right). I'm not saying £60 million on one player but I want to see a quality player come in, ideally it would be a tweeter who could also operate as an inside forward or across the front three.

I think if we buy another attacking player it'll be a wide forward rather than another striker, unless we sell both Benteke and Studge mate.  Jürgen has mentioned a few times that we have no experienced, pacey wingers.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #142: May 31, 2016 11:24:14 pm
      W.r.t. Higuain, my hopes were up temporarily. But reading few more articles today, not sure there is anything to this at all tbh :( f**k sake.

Ah well, probably best not to go spunking cash on a player like that. Computer would probably have said no too. Plus, he's probably a money grabbing b***ard that we're better off without, let him go to one of the other soulless clubs, it's where the shitbag belongs.
      Will admit had gotten a bit overexcited - just need to calm myself down and spend 20 mins repeating that chant FSG emailed me recently...

Funny how this is the attitude the moment it turns out the story was false or the player doesn't want to come to us. When we're linked people are doing back flips, the moment we're turned down, it's "well I didn't want that player anyway"  :roll:
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #143: Jun 01, 2016 10:24:01 am
      Don't they want something stupid like £60m for him?

We are not going to spunk 3 years of transfer budget on one player now are we? ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #144: Jun 01, 2016 01:54:50 pm
      We are not going to spunk 3 years of transfer budget on one player now are we? ;)

Course we're not mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #145: Jun 07, 2016 07:58:19 am
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  32m32 minutes ago
      This Is Anfield Retweeted tariq panja
      Klopp at Argentina vs Chile with Higuain's agent?This Is Anfield added,

tariq panja @tariqpanja
      Chap to right of Klopp at Arg game tonight did indeed appear to be Gonzalo Higuain's brother and agent Nicolas

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  34m34 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp currently over in California, attended the Argentina vs Chile match last night in Santa Clara.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #146: Jun 07, 2016 09:53:06 am
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  32m32 minutes ago
      This Is Anfield Retweeted tariq panja
      Klopp at Argentina vs Chile with Higuain's agent?This Is Anfield added,

tariq panja @tariqpanja
      Chap to right of Klopp at Arg game tonight did indeed appear to be Gonzalo Higuain's brother and agent Nicolas

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  34m34 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp currently over in California, attended the Argentina vs Chile match last night in Santa Clara.

The sort of thing we will get excited about for weeks but then all suffer that kick in the nuts type feeling when we re-sign Rickie Lambert on a 6 month loan deal instead.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #147: Jun 07, 2016 09:57:58 am
      We should be throwing everything at getting Higuain if there is even a slim chance. I know a striker may not be priority and we definitely need to shift some players but he is world class.

I don't wanna get too excited but Higuain would be very exciting.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #148: Jun 07, 2016 10:27:24 am
      We should be throwing everything at getting Higuain if there is even a slim chance.

Not a target according to the Echo.

That fella was Klopp's son.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)
      Reply #149: Jun 07, 2016 10:33:18 am
      This Is Anfield reporting it. Complete crap then.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #150: Jun 07, 2016 10:38:05 am
      Is it just me or is Higuain vastly over rated?...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #151: Jun 07, 2016 10:42:58 am
      He scores a lot of goals on a pretty regular basis. For him to be overrated wouldn't he have to not score much?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #152: Jun 07, 2016 10:43:03 am

I don't think he's overrated but I think he would do a Morientes coming to a new league at such a relatively late stage for a striker.

Too expensive and too old for Liverpool's recruitment policy.

I'd imagine it's a rarity for a full international striker advancing towards 30 who has come into the Premier League and blown everyone away.

<awaits people armed with list>
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #153: Jun 07, 2016 11:37:11 am
      It's no shock to see Klopp over in Santa Clara, we play there in a month or so, probably checking out the conditions etc. and also taking in a good game.
      GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #154: Jun 07, 2016 11:38:49 am
      I knew this news was likely to be a hoax... and yet I somehow feel disappointed now that it had been confirmed to be a hoax   :mad:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #155: Jun 07, 2016 11:59:08 am
      Not a target according to the Echo.

That fella was Klopp's son.

Yeah I just saw that as well. It's dissapointing but not surprising. I'd love to see us in the hunt for a household name.

I know it doesn't always prove anything but it's exciting when you sign them, even if they turn out to be dog sh*t 6 months down the line e.g. Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Falcao, Ibrahimovic (?)

I remember when un*ted confirmed the Falcao signing I was gutted, he was frightening for a few seasons and I was praying he would come to Anfield.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #156: Jun 07, 2016 01:21:14 pm
      Melissa Reddy was saying on TAW that from what she understands we are not even looking at the striker position...speed along the wings..a quality mid and counter (defensively) to Moreno...they figure a 23-25 man squad max.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #157: Jun 07, 2016 01:59:44 pm
      Melissa Reddy was saying on TAW that from what she understands we are not even looking at the striker position...speed along the wings..a quality mid and counter (defensively) to Moreno...they figure a 23-25 man squad max.

I'd agree with that mate.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #158: Jun 07, 2016 02:05:37 pm
      https://twitter.com/SkyFantasyFooty/status/740166502750425089

Close to happening :)   I know, I have a pinch of salt here beside me ...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #159: Jun 07, 2016 02:07:59 pm

A call you pinch of salt and raise you.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #160: Jun 07, 2016 02:13:37 pm

We can cast this one aside if for no other reason than Klopp doesn't buy big names.  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply