Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (7.9%)
      Emre Can
      3 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (9.6%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      28 (24.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      11 (9.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      35 (30.7%)
      Lazar Markovic
      5 (4.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Phillip Coutinho
      2 (1.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.9%)
      Fabio Borini
      6 (5.3%)
      Jose Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      3 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2015 04:54:24 pm

Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debates

Read 36385 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debates
      Reply #529: Jan 17, 2015 11:59:31 pm
      He's a sh*t house commits so many fouls it's unbelievable and hardly the best technically.
      That's from seeing him live today and the games Villa have been on Tv.

He was one of their best out there today mate and i was impressed with his work rate .

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #530: Jan 18, 2015 12:04:08 am
      He was one of their best out there today mate and i was impressed with his work rate .

Just giving my view of what I saw of him today, games on a tv and my mate who has seen him regularly which is yup he runs around a lot, puts his foot in but pretty limited in anything creativity wise.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #531: Jan 18, 2015 12:13:37 am
      Just giving my view of what I saw of him today, games on a tv and my mate who has seen him regularly which is yup he runs around a lot, puts his foot in but pretty limited in anything creativity wise.

That's fair enough mate , that's my first time seeing him play and i saw him as a player that gets stuck in .

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #532: Jan 18, 2015 12:17:01 am
      That's fair enough mate , that's my first time seeing him play and i saw him as a player that gets stuck in .

Oh yes he gets stuck in alright.............some times without thinking

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #533: Jan 18, 2015 12:17:12 am
      LFC Mosh Pit.
      Getting it done.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #534: Jan 18, 2015 12:55:21 am
      Henderson was much better today, probably his best game of the season so far.  And not just on the goal.  He played some really delicious passes in the second half too.  Much better.  Reminded me of the win away at Spurs last season when he dominated. 

You see that is the difference between me and you; when a poor player has a good game, I am happy to say "he did well."  Whereas you, when a player has a sh*te game, you... still pretend like he wasn't sh*te. 

No the difference is I support a player when he does well or does poorly; you constantly belittle them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #535: Jan 18, 2015 01:18:32 am
      No point over analysing Villa away. They are a sh*t house boring team and even their own fans know it. Get out of there with the win and play some football next week.

Thought we did ok though in all honesty. As Brendan said, we are slowly getting our identity back. Once Sturridge is back and up to full speed we will be so difficult to contain on the counter attack.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #536: Jan 18, 2015 03:19:46 am
      Another good win and keeps the pressure on Man U, who thought we had no chance of catching them when they beat us at OT. Keep clocking up the wins and our experience from last season might see us hold our nerve better than the other top 4 contenders.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #537: Jan 18, 2015 07:03:26 am
      Most importantly, we won today and keeps the momentum going. Teams above us will slip along the way, we just have to make sure we continue to get as many points as possible.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #538: Jan 18, 2015 08:36:47 am
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #539: Jan 18, 2015 08:41:57 am
      Cou has been our worst player today.

Coutinho was excellent yesterday so I don't get why you'd say that. I think it's a case of players in front of him aren't on his wavelength. He thinks fast and others may be expecting a gradual build up. Sturridge is fast enough with his movement and mentality to work well with him. Suarez was too of course.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #540: Jan 18, 2015 08:54:23 am
      No the difference is I support a player when he does well or does poorly; you constantly belittle them.

well, technically the players don't even know you exist, so they have no idea whether you support them or not... I mean you don't really think that typing some words on a forum means you are actively "supporting" them do you?  you're just talking to other members on the forum.

Joe Allen and the likes just pick up their cheque every week and couldn't care less what you or I say here.  So the fact that you think that anything we do here really matters and somehow you're "supporting" them or "not supporting" them is really irrelevant.   You could say "yes, come on Joe Allen, you're the best player EVER!"  and I could say "Joe Allen is the worst footballer in the history of football" and in the end he's not ever going to know or care that either of us said anything.

So if I say that Henderson played like sh*te when he played like sh*te, and if I say that he plays well when he plays well (like he did against Villa) it's neither supporting nor supporting him.  I'm sure he's never even heard of the forum, let alone read it.  I mean did you ever hear a player in a post-match interview say "I just want to thank all the posters on the forums, they've been really great."

but if you think that typing some letters on your keyboard means you are "supporting" the players then you just go on thinking that if you'd like.  I'd rather see the forum for what it is, i.e., a place where we can get together to talk about the team, the results, the players, the manager etc. 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #541: Jan 18, 2015 09:06:06 am

I'd rather see the forum for what it is, i.e., a place where I can talk about the team, the results, the players, the manager IN A NEGATIVE MANNER

There you go, fixed that for you Fed :f_whistle:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #542: Jan 18, 2015 09:52:20 am
      well, technically the players don't even know you exist, so they have no idea whether you support them or not... I mean you don't really think that typing some words on a forum means you are actively "supporting" them do you?  you're just talking to other members on the forum.

Joe Allen and the likes just pick up their cheque every week and couldn't care less what you or I say here.  So the fact that you think that anything we do here really matters and somehow you're "supporting" them or "not supporting" them is really irrelevant.   You could say "yes, come on Joe Allen, you're the best player EVER!"  and I could say "Joe Allen is the worst footballer in the history of football" and in the end he's not ever going to know or care that either of us said anything.

So if I say that Henderson played like sh*te when he played like sh*te, and if I say that he plays well when he plays well (like he did against Villa) it's neither supporting nor supporting him.  I'm sure he's never even heard of the forum, let alone read it.  I mean did you ever hear a player in a post-match interview say "I just want to thank all the posters on the forums, they've been really great."

but if you think that typing some letters on your keyboard means you are "supporting" the players then you just go on thinking that if you'd like.  I'd rather see the forum for what it is, i.e., a place where we can get together to talk about the team, the results, the players, the manager etc. 

Technically the club don't know you exist so why support them?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #543: Jan 18, 2015 10:01:40 am

Got far too much time on yer hands fella.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #544: Jan 18, 2015 11:01:51 am
      Absolutely loved the celebrations after the second goal. Lucas in particular was amazing. I don't want to see him go.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #545: Jan 18, 2015 11:03:28 am
      Great result.  Delighted to see Fabio and Ricky score. Lets hope for a Hammers and Arsenal defeat today!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #546: Jan 18, 2015 11:06:28 am
      Did I hear right when Rodgers said it was a complete performance?! If they took their chances we'd have easily lost that and we rode our luck massively I thought. IMO Skrtel had a mare, was constantly being caught on the wrong side of the Villa attackers.

Thought our lads took their goals really well though and Hendo's delivery was spot on! Another win and another clean sheet so soething very positive to build on.

Yeah, and if we had of taken our chances we'd have been out of sight.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #547: Jan 18, 2015 11:10:54 am
      Yeah, and if we had have taken our chances we'd have been out of sight.

Even though they had more chances than us?...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #548: Jan 18, 2015 11:11:22 am

Yes.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #549: Jan 18, 2015 11:12:14 am
      Another decent allround performance, from the brief highlights shown on Motd. It would be foolish to let Lucas go, even at the end of the season now that he seems to be reaching his peak for the team. Nice to see the two strikers on the scoresheet. Even Mignolet played his part with one or two telling saves, When Villa where pressing hard for the equaliser.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #550: Jan 18, 2015 12:07:35 pm

They had more attempts but clear chances no.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #551: Jan 18, 2015 12:20:11 pm
      Good performance all round.

Skrtel was immense kept one of the most physical forwards in the league at bay and quite easily.

Can has brought a lot of composure at the back looks a super star in the making, 4 out 5 good to build some momentum with a crucial 3-4 weeks coming ahead.

Quick Reply