Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

From Houlding To Henry

Read 8237 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: From Houlding To Henry
      Reply #23: Jan 21, 2015 10:46:22 pm
      Wow, you really are a grade a C**t lad.

Two reasons I'm done with you right there. Hopefully the second one is your resignation from the forum, f**k all the other bile you spout, solely for using that reference.

Pot and kettle methinks.. :roll:

Shouldn't you be back in Boston, defending the "rounders brand".
      Instead of desecrating a football club.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #24: Jan 22, 2015 01:21:29 am
      Pot and kettle methinks.. :roll:

Shouldn't you be back in Boston, defending the "rounders brand".
      Instead of desecrating a football club.

As usual, you answer any questions or substantive facts with your boring "rounders" joke. Haven't you got anything else?

And who's "desecrating the club"? According to you we should have Hicks and Gillette back because they bought more stars than Moores and FSG combined.  :lmao:

Can you, for once, answer a simple question?

If we have been selling off all our stars and hiring a rookie manager so that the owners can asset strip the club as you claim why is it that your predictions of doom have not come to pass and we instead find ourselves on top of the form table, having narrowly missed out on winning the league last May?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #25: Jan 22, 2015 01:52:48 am
      Never realised LFCexiled was from Lincolnshire.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #26: Jan 22, 2015 01:53:39 am
      Not the worst owners in football but any stretch but I just don't feel they will ever measure 'success' in the same way that most of us supporters do.

They don't see winning silverware as an objective more a by product along the way and being in the CL and increasing profit is their 'success'.

I'd take a cup every year over top four and FSG are the complete opposite.

I'm with you on this.

We're just a brand (a big one at that) or a franchise to them. They're not interested in building a team for success, they're only interested in the building (as in Anfield) itself for their success.

TBH.. I don't think they're even arsed if we make the top 4 or not. Just as long as their 'brand' is ticking over nicely and generating income for their coffers.

IMO - the Americans who have an "interest" in the clubs that they own, just don't seem to get 'it' when it comes down to how important "soccer" is to the psyche of your atypical football fan. Each and every one of them saw an economical opportunity and jumped on the bandwagon. American owners bought their clubs/shares to make money whereas, the Oligarch and Sheik bought theirs purely for success.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Jan 22, 2015 08:17:18 am
      FSG might be decent owners compared to Hicks and Gillette but they will never have Liverpool Football Club in their blood.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #28: Jan 22, 2015 10:42:56 am
      FSG might be decent owners compared to Hicks and Gillette but they will never have Liverpool Football Club in their blood.

Good post Billy, but I doubt in the football world we live in now there are not many owners with the club in their blood who are doing well. I suppose the bluenoses' would be one with their owner, but it certainly doesn't apply to all the top clubs in this country. Better the devil you know and all that, unless you believe in all the crap that American plant comes out with.
      Same old sh*t over and over, complete bell end.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #29: Jan 22, 2015 11:16:55 am

If they do the right thing by LFC Billy it wouldn't bother me if they couldn't spell football.
      They are businessmen in spite of the fact their conduct thus far would see them sacked by Sir Allan Sugar.
      After acquiring the club at the last chance auction room they elected to keep their own money in their pockets and lend or sponsor the asset in order to secure it's future, the word 'secure' does not qualify success; merely an interpretation of it, in this case the JWH & Co interpretation of the expression.

Anyone whose heart was in the club would never accept that interpretation of the ultimate success that LFC has known, anyone who does not have the guile or experience to attain the club's capability should not be at the helm.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #30: Jan 22, 2015 11:22:04 am
      I'm sure the billionaire owner of our club would love to receive business advice from a man who can't spell "Alan".
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #31: Jan 22, 2015 12:12:26 pm
      Yeah John Henry Futures has done great in recent years..NOT.

Just like LFC's trophy cabinet since your two sets of bosses arrived on the scene...
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #32: Jan 22, 2015 12:31:30 pm

Can you, for once, answer a simple question?

So the answer to that would be a big fat no.

You have about as much credibility as the guy you pass on your way home from the pub who is shouting at the moon.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #33: Jan 22, 2015 01:27:56 pm
      Its very simple. I have answered each and every one of your pathetic questions.
      The real fans on this forum have completely blown away each and every one of your pathetic claims.

You have done nothing whatsoever to demonstrate your are, or ever were a supporter of Liverpool Football Club. You clearly have a hell of a lot of time spare to troll, insult and make up ridiculous, offensive and utterly unfounded claims about those creeps from Boston.

It is a well known fact that football forums are infested with plants ie paid employees or unpaid interns who's job is to promote a "soccer brand", to cheat and deceive decent football supporters, and con them out of their money. Fenway are one of the most active users of plants.

The use of plants is legally a form of fraud. Tescos were fined for this behaviour when plants pretended to be residents "applauding" a new supermarket application. I think plants on football forums should be treated in the same way for cheating football fans with lies, spin and misinformation.

I have nothing to say to you that I haven't said many times before. Just use the search feature.
      Frankly, I am sickened to read the type of comments I read from you and certain others. You bring shame on what was once Liverpool FOOTBALL CLUB.

You want to hear anything from me? USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. The answer is there. The truth is there.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Jan 22, 2015 01:34:30 pm
      :roll: What a cock and a half, though I understand that's because the pernicious weed is still taking money off Hicks & Gillette.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #35: Jan 22, 2015 01:34:31 pm
      Where's the yawn smiley when you need one.

What was a good thread from a committed and passionate red has once again been hijacked by an agenda driven troll who does nothing but slag off anyone who doesn't share his view.

It's a shame, but it was bound to happen, because the guy has no interest in posting about football, and just wants to slag people and spout his bile.

Back on topic, time will tell with FSG about whether or not they are good or merely safe owners.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #36: Jan 22, 2015 02:07:58 pm
      The opening post acknowledges there are some who remain unconvinced of JWH & Co credentials and business methods, DLS goes on to say it is his opinion that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Damning one or the other and creating factions is negative and divisive, elements that are not conducive to the support base of the club.
      This is ultimately the aim of 'agents' and unwarranted accusation can only further distraction and cloud the real issues. 
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #37: Jan 22, 2015 03:07:23 pm

This is ultimately the aim of 'agents' .

Exactly.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #38: Jan 22, 2015 03:09:32 pm
      LMFAO

:roll:

"Safe owners" who sell all our stars, slash the wages, and see us struggling for Europa league qualifications. Safe in the belief the fans will tolerate a team that does no better than Hicks and Gillette's team (despite the massive new TV deals etc).

Yeah safe allright. Safe for their arse pockets... and those of their "agents" on the web.

Now its back to our reporter live in Kew Gardens...  :o

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39: Jan 22, 2015 03:24:29 pm
      Our club accounts are available online.

Show me where they have taken money to line their own pockets.

Show where they have sold "stars" against their will.

In fact, show evidence for all your accusations.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #40: Jan 22, 2015 03:50:36 pm
      All I'm saying is that life would be grand if I were offered money to post on a liverpool forum and be positive. Sadly, reality sucks. AmericanPlant, you seem to know more about this that I do, where can I apply?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #41: Jan 22, 2015 04:13:03 pm
      As I've already pointed out in this thread selling stars is nothing new for this club.

Even during our successful period of nearly 30 years, we sold stars.

Dave Hickson left in the 60s, Keegan left in the 70s, Rush left in the 80s. Among others of course. 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: Jan 22, 2015 04:37:04 pm
      Damning one or the other and creating factions is negative and divisive, elements that are not conducive to the support base of the club.
      This is ultimately the aim of 'agents'

I wonder what poster this is applicable to in this thread...hmm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #43: Jan 22, 2015 05:14:02 pm
      I wonder what poster this is applicable to in this thread...hmm

As the opening line suggests either of the opposing factions can be ensnared in the negative aspects of the debate, I include myself in that statement.
      There are some who while not expressly appearing to be employed by FSG do not seem to have the best interests of the club in mind, in the main the acknowledged wums who seem impervious to moderators actions.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #44: Jan 22, 2015 05:45:38 pm
      No fan of American ownerships of our business or sports institutions but I do admit out the 6 I can think of:

1) FSG.
      2) Glazers.
      3) Kronke.
      4) Lerner.
      5) Khan.
      6) Ellis.

I'm more confident in the the current custodians amongst that group, would prefer the petro dollar owner myself to be honest, they put in rather than take out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45: Jan 22, 2015 06:17:18 pm
      As I've already pointed out in this thread selling stars is nothing new for this club.

Even during our successful period of nearly 30 years, we sold stars.

Dave Hickson left in the 60s, Keegan left in the 70s, Rush left in the 80s. Among others of course.

Yep.
      We always have done, and I suspect we always will do.

The crucial part is the timing and getting the replacement right, which is something we failed to do with Suarez.

Balancing this though is the fact our squad needed rebuilding, so there's an element of swings and roundabouts.

Quick Reply