Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Do We Lack Scouse Mentality?

Read 9544 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Do We Lack Scouse Mentality?
      Reply #46: Jan 10, 2015 06:38:24 pm
      How many 'local' English players played in the 1986 FA Cup Final vs everton?

Did you not get enough responses the first time you posted it or something lad?  :D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #47: Jan 13, 2015 08:00:48 pm
      How many 'local' English players played in the 1986 FA Cup Final vs everton?

How many 'local' players (we're scouse, not english remember!!) played in the 1977 European Cup Final vs Borussia Moechengladbach?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #48: Jan 13, 2015 08:12:22 pm

Where? The only Liverpool born/English player was McMahon, and he did not get on the pitch.

Johnstone has an English flag against his name, but was born in South Africa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #49: Jan 15, 2015 07:17:37 pm
      I've said this before, so apologize for repeating myself, it isn't about Scousers, it's about leaders. Shanks, Bob, Kenny, Jockey, Souness, etc. None of them Scousers. All of them responsible for our greatest era.

While local flavor would be definitely be nice, I'd really just like us to assemble the best 25-man squad in the world regardless of where they came from.

So you've clearly forgotten Terry McDermott (Scouse) Ian Callaghan (scouse) Tommy Smith (Scouse) and the original Treble Winning Manager Joe Fagan (Scouse)

Where? The only Liverpool born/English player was McMahon, and he did not get on the pitch.

Johnstone has an English flag against his name, but was born in South Africa.

I think he was being a bit sarcastic mate.

Unless he's solely talking about Jan Molby!!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #50: Jan 16, 2015 12:48:31 am
      Quote from billythered
      Your wrong mate,
      Being local means you know more about the place where you are from, the culture, it's history, it's blood, you know more about it's people and how they live their lives, what is important to them,
      In short , they will have their place in their hearts and will fight harder  & stronger to defend it,
      That's what we will miss without the local influence, that's why the scouse in Liverpool has worked for centuries, because they look after their own,

And it's a major factor why Liverpool FC are the most successful football club in Britain,

YNWA

Nothing to do with it whatsoever.

This club is played, supported, and run by foreigners. That's the way it has to be these days unless you want us to go back to the Moores era. Personally I don't care where our players or fans are from as long as they're good players, doing well for us, and we're successful. That should be prioritised over all other criteria.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #51: Jan 16, 2015 12:51:05 am
      What is this? International football or something, where everyone must be from (or links to) the one place?

What we need is silverware. Whether that comes by footballers from Liverpool or countries we've never heard of, it doesn't matter.

It matters to me. I can't tell you it should matter to you, but a little part of me dies whenever a liverpool fan tells me being scouse doesn't matter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #52: Jan 18, 2015 01:57:38 pm
      Nothing to do with it whatsoever.

This club is played, supported, and run by foreigners. That's the way it has to be these days unless you want us to go back to the Moores era. Personally I don't care where our players or fans are from as long as they're good players, doing well for us, and we're successful. That should be prioritised over all other criteria.

Get to F**k

Scousers still the heartbeat of this club, not you F***ing Irish!!

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2015 01:09:13 pm
      Quote from Thaddeus
      It matters to me. I can't tell you it should matter to you, but a little part of me dies whenever a liverpool fan tells me being scouse doesn't matter.

If you want us to not compete for the world's best just so we can have a team of Rickie Lamberts playing, that's your view, but I agree to disagree.

Club football is a global game, and I never want us to become the Athletic Bilbao of the Premiership.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #54: Jan 22, 2015 08:51:35 am
      I love how on one level. Football fans will almost always get patriotic and xenophobic about having english players or 'local' players or 'too many foreigners'.

But if their team were to actually go out buy young english players these same fans would all be like "why do we buy this crappy english players" "we need ready made world class players." "would the likes of man u or chelsea be buying [english players name]".

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #55: Jan 22, 2015 05:52:51 pm
      There's nothing wrong with having local players in the side. But they have to earn their place on merit like everyone else, not because they live around the corner.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #56: Jan 22, 2015 05:56:36 pm
      There's nothing wrong with having local players in the side. But they have to earn their place on merit like everyone else, not because they live around the corner.

Are you suggesting scouser's get a free pass into LFC? They fully deserve it if your not, Scouser's are the custodians of this club, the very fabric & heartbeat, any non scouser playing in the famous red jersey should be honoured to represent the people.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #57: Jan 23, 2015 11:56:38 am
      Unfortunatly there is nothing we can do about Scouse players coming through if there not good enough then there not good enough. But as we all know Liverpool is infamous for breeding top players and we have one or two potentials in the youth team. I would love us to take Barkley off the bitters as i feel he's the closest around to Gerrards style of agression etc shame he's a blue.

Quick Reply