Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      7 (5.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      4 (3.2%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      5 (4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      36 (28.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (7.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (2.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      23 (18.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      27 (21.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Voting closed: Jan 24, 2015 10:06:40 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea (League Cup SF 1st Leg): In game and Post Match Debate

Read 47874 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea (League Cup SF 1st Leg): In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #667: Jan 21, 2015 01:42:04 am
      Couldn't watch the game live so had to record it and just got finished watching.

What a performance our lads put out, outstanding, truly our best performance of the season for me that. The balance that Lucas and Hendo give us in the middle is fantastic and they completely outplayed their midfield. The possession stats were beyond words at some points in that second half. It was complete dominance with and without the ball and we deserved so much more than what we've actually got.

Listening to Mourinho try and make some stupid case for his team having chances, you were battered Jose, your lads were on the ropes like a punch drunk boxer and the ref would have stopped the fight. Wave after wave after wave, it was a joy to watch, I never wanted the game to finish.

Those lads at the back too, although Can made a silly mistake, he didn't let his head drop got stuck in to every challenge after that and didn't back down an inch. Skrtel beside him, outstanding and Sakho, well it would be tough to say who was better out of those two they were brilliant all night long.

For me Lucas was MotM but there were candidates all over that pitch in red shirts tonight. Well done lads, well in Brendan, proud of you and restored some proper belief moving forward, boss game, can't believe we only drew.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea (League Cup SF 1st Leg): In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #668: Jan 21, 2015 03:04:52 am
      Can't believe Jamie Carragher giving Emre Can a pasting.  For a young midfielder he's doing a much better job than Lovren could dream about.  Would have loved to have seen Jamie contorting his body around Hazard who is a very skilful player.

Didn't hear him whine yesterday but Carragher was crap with the football at his feet, say all you want about him as a talisman. he couldn't pass the ball to save his life.
      Really can't stand his bombastic analysis of his former club while chumming it up with his best mate lemon face Neville. Both of them can F**k off.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #669: Jan 21, 2015 03:05:44 am
      Defensively, Matic & Schneiderlin are better, but Lucas is the better passer. I'd say overall, 3rd best DM atm :D

If you put anything in stats, he outclasses both (defensively that it is).

How did we not win that game? We bashed every which way. cu*ts.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #670: Jan 21, 2015 03:08:44 am
      On the topic of the match, it was great football. Courtois is my top goalie in the world, he is immense. If it wasn't for him we would have won convincingly. Without a striker btw. That's quite amazing.
      We made Chelsea look ordinary even with all their gangsta money.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #671: Jan 21, 2015 03:13:03 am
      Feckin' Millwall with money.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #672: Jan 21, 2015 03:17:17 am

Blood Money!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #673: Jan 21, 2015 03:18:36 am

To be fair, what little money Millwall has is blood money too. Their fans only go to see blood.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #674: Jan 21, 2015 05:13:24 am
      Away goals only count after extra time at Stamford Bridge

So same scoreline next week at 90mins gives us ET, any other score draw than 1-1 gets us through AFTER ET?
      Not that we need to play for the draw after a performance like that against the League leaders !
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #675: Jan 21, 2015 05:16:31 am
      Best so far this season ,run them ragged, edge of the seat stuff the whole side front to back were magnificent, we miss an out an out striker but hey the wee fella put a shift in and scored a cracker , Brendan got the tactics spot on ,I think we turned a corner tonight with a lot of our youngsters there effort and skill impressed me immensely,I gave Lucas MOTM but there were plenty in the hat for the nod,
      Sakho didnt put a foot wrong , unlike the ref a complete  cockhead.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #676: Jan 21, 2015 06:34:57 am
      On the topic of the match, it was great football. Courtois is my top goalie in the world, he is immense. If it wasn't for him we would have won convincingly. Without a striker btw. That's quite amazing.
      We made Chelsea look ordinary even with all their gangsta money.

He did get them out of the brown stuff a number of times with some outstanding, world class saves.
      Sterling was unstoppable with that wonder goal but ffs how much difference would an out and out acknowledged poacher have made?
      Every display such as this drives home that whoever it concerns has no F***ing clue or more likely no F***ing intention of making LFC a force to compete with the elite.
      Talk of us making the top 4 is a model of over achievement, how can a team with one fragile-ish striker stand a chance with the cream of Europe?

There is some dosh to be made from the qualifying rounds true and that it seems is the sum total of our owners aspiration.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #677: Jan 21, 2015 07:30:50 am
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #678: Jan 21, 2015 07:54:53 am

Yeah they're the two for me Race

Just gave it to Phil though, the way he glided past their players was a joy to watch
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #679: Jan 21, 2015 08:06:38 am
      Credit to our defence especially Martin, he wanted every ball like it was made of gold.
      Yeah mate have to agree. I said it before and will say it again: it looks like, in Mama, Martin has finally got the defensive partner he deserves [not to diminish Emre's contribution]. I'll admit to believing that Brendan didn't fancy Mama and for that reason I saw no future for the lad. F**k but I'm happy I got that wrong.  ;D

At last Martin, who I agree had a great game, has someone alongside him who compliments, his already big defensive stats.

It's weird because people are (rightly) praising Mama for his game yet Martin, who's "numbers" exceed Mama's in almost every defensive department, usually goes unnoticed.

Anyhow... it's great that we again have a top pairing playing at centre half.  8)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #680: Jan 21, 2015 08:15:23 am
      Yeah mate have to agree. I said it before and will say it again: it looks like, in Mama, Martin has finally got the defensive partner he deserves [not to diminish Emre's contribution]. I'll admit to believing that Brendan didn't fancy Mama and for that reason I saw no future for the lad. F**k but I'm happy I got that wrong.  ;D

At last Martin, who I agree had a great game, has someone alongside him who compliments, his already big defensive stats.

It's weird because people are (rightly) praising Mama for his game yet Martin, who's "numbers" exceed Mama's in almost every defensive department, usually goes unnoticed.

Anyhow... it's great that we again have a top pairing playing at centre half.  8)

Your right mate they both seem to complement each other. I think one of the reasons Martins pass rate exceeds Sakho's is that he plays the safe route. Whereas Sakho is looking to launch an attack with a more riskier pass and obviously Can on the other side does the same which seems like the ideal trio for a back 3 at the moment.

Still not given up on "future captain" as he will be needed when Can eventually moves to DM.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #681: Jan 21, 2015 08:19:47 am
      On the topic of the match, it was great football. Courtois is my top goalie in the world, he is immense.
      Pity he's a F***ing Chav c**t then. Thankfully tho' Raheem was even more immense. Top quality player is our Raheem but that goes without saying, I suppose.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #682: Jan 21, 2015 08:23:29 am
      I think one of the reasons Martins pass rate exceeds Sakho's is that he plays the safe route.
      Really? I never noticed too much of a difference - although you are probably right.

It's all about complimenting each other tho' so I genuinely don't care how many more interceptions, blocked tackles or headers won (for e.g.) Martin has: as long as the team reaps the benefits.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #683: Jan 21, 2015 08:54:13 am
      This F***ing Chaves just got luckly not to got beaten last night! 

Can't wait for us to get at Stamford so I can laugh my ass of because of their stupid plastic flags. :lmao:

Ahh I just hate these fuckers... lets top our performance of last night in the second leg and beat them!

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #684: Jan 21, 2015 08:55:04 am
      A good performance by the team and it leaves the tie open. It would be a huge achievement to get through now at Stamford Bridge but if we go there with no fear, and Sturridge is back, we might well do it. The team showed its improvement last night and that bodes well for the remaining league games.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #685: Jan 21, 2015 09:36:49 am
      Been trying to come up with reasons why our former number 23 @Carra23 has really got it in for our new number 23 Emre Can.

Anybody any theories?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #686: Jan 21, 2015 09:42:31 am
      Been trying to come up with reasons why our former number 23 @Carra23 has really got it in for our new number 23 Emre Can.

Anybody any theories?

Probably nothing more than if you become a Sky pundit you have to occasionally talk sh*t.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #687: Jan 21, 2015 10:09:53 am
      Superb performance. We limited them to 1 shot on target, that is very good against the best side in the prem by quite a distance. it just goes to show that with the right attitude and tactics AND THE CROWD we can give anyone a good game.

Sterling, Couts, Sturridge and Lazar together will be quite exciting.

Anfield was rocking and that makes a difference - if only the season ticket holders who attend every prem home game new this.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #688: Jan 21, 2015 10:23:52 am
      Could have and should have won  but the lads put in a performance thats got to give them heart for next week  lets go there no fear and a Stevie rocket at the bridge to finish them fckers off now that would be nice .
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #689: Jan 21, 2015 10:24:02 am
      Superb performance. We limited them to 1 shot on target, that is very good against the best side in the prem by quite a distance. it just goes to show that with the right attitude and tactics AND THE CROWD we can give anyone a good game.

Sterling, Couts, Sturridge and Lazar together will be quite exciting.

Anfield was rocking and that makes a difference - if only the season ticket holders who attend every prem home game new this.
      [/b]

Totally agree. I hope when they do add capacity to Anfield they keep this in mind. How about selling a portion of the increased seats in person (say half, or 6000 or so) at the ground, from 10am a few days prior to a match? That won't exactly exclude OOTers, but it WILL mean the slightly more passionate and committed fans will tend to get their hands on more tickets. OOTers from this forum for example could (if anybody likes them obviously) ask one of the local lads to sort them out a ticket, but the "buy on the internet/wear a silly hat/bring your camera" brigade would find these tickets at least a bit trickier to come by. I think to simply assign all the tickets to whoever has the fastest internet connection or has been on the waiting list the longest would be a missed opportunity.

Quick Reply