Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pedro Chirivella (Liverpool > Nantes)

Read 30707 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Pedro Chirivella Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jan 06, 2020 05:30:12 am
      Pedro shut some people up, atleast for a game. Got some unfair criticism this campaign, and I dont get it.

Very professional shift. Played calculated and measured on the ball, worked his ass off to get it back, and ran into great positions to pick it up. His play in the 2nd half really separated the possession in our favor and broke their spirit. Motm for me
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #70: Jan 07, 2020 01:56:52 am
      Rumours that a new contract will be offered to him.  All good impressed me yesterday, he was good against villa and the cameo against arsenal.  For the vast majority of the last decade it seemed we ignored defensive midfielder position.   Nice to have a few on the books.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #71: Jan 07, 2020 08:35:58 pm
      Rumours that a new contract will be offered to him.  All good impressed me yesterday, he was good against villa and the cameo against arsenal.  For the vast majority of the last decade it seemed we ignored defensive midfielder position.   Nice to have a few on the books.

He played well but he's gone in the summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #72: Jan 07, 2020 09:05:29 pm
      Got some unfair criticism this campaign, and I dont get it.

Has he? Not seen any of that myself, if anything he's just been forgotten about apart from when we've had a cup game coming up.

He's a player that isn't good enough to be with the first team in the league or Europe, but is an ideal player to come in when you've gone for a completely rotated team. Got a bit about him and he's played decent in the few appearances he's made but not done anything to suggest his role at the team would change if he was to stay another season. He's 22/23? Think if he was really going to make it and be involved with the team then it would have happened by now.
      Midfield is a heavily packed area for us and the fact we've got Jones banging on the door to play, it's an unfortunate situation for him.

Fair play to him though, he wanted to leave but ended up staying, spent the season with the U23's with only a few first team appearances when we've rotated for the cups and given his age, he could have kicked up a fuss or not put the effort in because he knows he's off in the summer, but he has worked as hard as everyone else by the looks of it.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2020 09:09:55 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #73: Jan 08, 2020 12:47:14 am
      He played well but he's gone in the summer.

I think he deserves to play in the next round of the Cup.  Hopefully start with Jones and an experienced Midfielder.   If he signs a new contract and continues with this form, personally, I would be glad if we gave him another season.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #74: Jan 08, 2020 02:42:47 pm
      Has he? Not seen any of that myself, if anything he's just been forgotten about apart from when we've had a cup game coming up.

He's a player that isn't good enough to be with the first team in the league or Europe, but is an ideal player to come in when you've gone for a completely rotated team. Got a bit about him and he's played decent in the few appearances he's made but not done anything to suggest his role at the team would change if he was to stay another season. He's 22/23? Think if he was really going to make it and be involved with the team then it would have happened by now.
      Midfield is a heavily packed area for us and the fact we've got Jones banging on the door to play, it's an unfortunate situation for him.

Fair play to him though, he wanted to leave but ended up staying, spent the season with the U23's with only a few first team appearances when we've rotated for the cups and given his age, he could have kicked up a fuss or not put the effort in because he knows he's off in the summer, but he has worked as hard as everyone else by the looks of it.

Chris Pajak crushed him before the game the other day.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #75: Jan 08, 2020 03:56:59 pm

Who dat now,,,christ i'm outta touch!I thought i read Chirivella wants to go back to Spain,i guess a fat new pay check might change his mind?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #76: Jan 08, 2020 06:20:42 pm

Who the hell is that?!

One person, no doubt a Bitter has a pop and you read that as him coming in for unfair criticism this season?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #77: Jan 08, 2020 06:26:20 pm
      Who the hell is that?!

One person, no doubt a Bitter has a pop and you read that as him coming in for unfair criticism this season?

Redman tv, a podcast I listen to
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #78: Jan 10, 2020 03:50:42 pm
      Urgh fan tv,the ability to whine on camera instead of behind a keyboard! look Chirivella has done nothing to warrant anything more than"squad filler"status for us.He'll do well at a smaller spanish team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #79: Jan 15, 2020 04:08:55 pm
      watched him again on LFCTV against Southampton the other day. I can see why people don't rate him in that game it was just too easy for him and he just strolled around passing the ball he controlled the game. He is clearly capable of playing at a much higher level and greater intensity the problem all these lads have now is unseating a world class player in the position they play themselves its an impossible task.
      Being totally honest the truth is only one may be two will progress to become regulars in the first team Curtis and Neco Williams for me at present.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #80: Jan 15, 2020 06:30:04 pm
      watched him again on LFCTV against Southampton the other day. I can see why people don't rate him in that game it was just too easy for him and he just strolled around passing the ball he controlled the game. He is clearly capable of playing at a much higher level and greater intensity the problem all these lads have now is unseating a world class player in the position they play themselves its an impossible task.
      Being totally honest the truth is only one may be two will progress to become regulars in the first team Curtis and Neco Williams for me at present.
      Will probably suffer the same fate as Suso in the past. Very ok playing without being spectacular so hardly gets the credit he deserves.  Plays like Joginho in Chelski.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #81: Jan 15, 2020 06:43:58 pm
      Urgh fan tv,the ability to whine on camera instead of behind a keyboard! look Chirivella has done nothing to warrant anything more than"squad filler"status for us.He'll do well at a smaller spanish team.

He's done nothing cos he's hardly ever got the chance, that's changed under Klopp and why Jürgen has kept him around rather than loaning him out again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #82: Jan 15, 2020 07:30:10 pm
      He's done nothing cos he's hardly ever got the chance, that's changed under Klopp and why Jürgen has kept him around rather than loaning him out again.

he had his pipe and slippers on the other night it was far too easy for him but his problem is our midfield is now as strong as its ever been.Looking around he would easily get in to a lot of Prem teams he reads the game well and passes the ball for fun
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #83: Jan 15, 2020 08:39:26 pm
      he had his pipe and slippers on the other night it was far too easy for him but his problem is our midfield is now as strong as its ever been.Looking around he would easily get in to a lot of Prem teams he reads the game well and passes the ball for fun

But isn't it better to be in that situation though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2020 11:11:10 am
      But isn't it better to be in that situation though.

We will never know how good he really is unless we see more of him and the jump from U23 to playing in the best team in the World must be so daunting for these lads. Unless however your a scouser when you already know your good enough its just the manager needs convincing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Jun 12, 2020 04:03:29 pm
      Has just been announced as a Nantes player via Zoom.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2020 04:43:51 pm
      Good luck to him
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #87: Jun 12, 2020 07:34:26 pm
      Good luck and thanks for 11 games mate!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #88: Jun 12, 2020 07:38:32 pm
      Good luck to him!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #89: Jun 12, 2020 07:41:57 pm
      Has just been announced as a Nantes player via Zoom.

Good luck to Pedro, always liked him and thought he had quite a bit about him, all the best in France.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #90: Jun 12, 2020 07:47:57 pm
      Good luck to Pedro, always liked him and thought he had quite a bit about him, all the best in France.

Thought he'd have been heading to Spain but none the less, I think this will be a good move for him. Didn't quite have what it takes to really make it with us, was stuck in that limbo between being too good for the U23's but not quite good enough to be with the first team in the Premier League. But he could be quite the player for Nantes, think it would have been a shame if he'd renewed his contract with us, he needs to be playing at first team level now and this is a great chance for him to achieve that.

Best of luck to him.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #91: Jun 12, 2020 08:05:37 pm
      Thought he'd have been heading to Spain but none the less, I think this will be a good move for him. Didn't quite have what it takes to really make it with us, was stuck in that limbo between being too good for the U23's but not quite good enough to be with the first team in the Premier League. But he could be quite the player for Nantes, think it would have been a shame if he'd renewed his contract with us, he needs to be playing at first team level now and this is a great chance for him to achieve that.

Best of luck to him.

This.....wasn't convinced he was ever going to make it as a regular, deserves to move on and do something special with his career.

Quick Reply