Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool > Cardiff City)

Read 66016 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Sheyi Ojo Player Thread
      Reply #138: Jul 12, 2016 06:37:01 pm
      Started a topic if anybody wants to discuss stuff in there?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48932.msg1953574.html#new
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: Jul 12, 2016 06:37:56 pm
      Didn't take him very long to get involved. Has an assist after 3 minutes.

Good lad!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #140: Jul 12, 2016 06:39:32 pm
      And another assist for Sheyi  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #141: Jul 12, 2016 08:27:36 pm
      From the text commentary looks like he was very active until being subbed at 65 minutes. What did you think Debs?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #142: Jul 12, 2016 08:51:09 pm
      From the text commentary looks like he was very active until being subbed at 65 minutes. What did you think Debs?

He did well for the first 10 minutes mate, basically won the game for us with those 2 assists but they don't really play to his strengths.  They like to play through the middle, seemed to rarely use the flanks apart for the fbs, they don't use his pace, don't get him on the ball enough and don't play bloody fast enough for him. 

He may as well have been in the changies having a snooze if they don't use him properly.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #143: Jul 13, 2016 01:28:49 pm
      Nice opportunity for him to be involved in some tournament football but given that our early pre-season games are always an excellent opportunity its for the youngsters to get minutes (particularly following a major tournament) it is a bit of shame Ojo isn't I golfed and perhaps pushing for an increased role in the coming season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #144: Jul 13, 2016 01:38:56 pm
      Nice opportunity for him to be involved in some tournament football but given that our early pre-season games are always an excellent opportunity its for the youngsters to get minutes (particularly following a major tournament) it is a bit of shame Ojo isn't I golfed and perhaps pushing for an increased role in the coming season.

I think his role is pretty much sorted mate and he's flying straight out after to join the tour.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #145: Jul 19, 2016 07:15:45 am
      Sheyi Ojo bags third assist of the tournament as England U19s win again
      Sheyi Ojo provided an assist as England U19s made it three successive wins in the European Championship after a win over Croatia on Monday.

The Liverpool youngster played the full 90 minutes as Aidy Boothroyd's side warmed up for the semi-finals in fine style.

Ojo had an excellent match and provided the pass for the opening goal inside the opening four minutes, when Isaiah Brown netted.

England won 2-1.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/228136-ojo-provides-assist-as-england-u19s-beat-croatia

Well done Ojo :) And they are not playing to his strengths.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #146: Jul 19, 2016 09:44:06 am
      Sheyi Ojo bags third assist of the tournament as England U19s win again
      Sheyi Ojo provided an assist as England U19s made it three successive wins in the European Championship after a win over Croatia on Monday.

The Liverpool youngster played the full 90 minutes as Aidy Boothroyd's side warmed up for the semi-finals in fine style.

Ojo had an excellent match and provided the pass for the opening goal inside the opening four minutes, when Isaiah Brown netted.

England won 2-1.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/228136-ojo-provides-assist-as-england-u19s-beat-croatia

Well done Ojo :) And they are not playing to his strengths.

He could have had more than that too if they stopped going ultra defensive the minute they take a lead.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #147: Jul 19, 2016 02:12:58 pm
      He could have had more than that too if they stopped going ultra defensive the minute they take a lead.

To be honest, the coach went Italian style and with England's record not in his favour, I think he did pretty decent. Ojo has talent.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #148: Jul 19, 2016 04:28:46 pm
      So everyone, what does Ojo have that Ibe and Sterling did not?

For the limited game time I have seen Ojo, he seems to be a step ahead of Ibe with his decision making and delivery. Ibe looked like he was out of ideas when there was a player in front of him and whether he should cross / shoot / cut inside. Ojo although younger seems to have a much better footballing brain.

Sterling is a different matter, looked like he had bags of potential here and now seems to be similar to Ibe when on the ball at Man City.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #149: Jul 19, 2016 06:07:38 pm

For the limited game time I have seen Ojo, he seems to be a step ahead of Ibe with his decision making and delivery. Ibe looked like he was out of ideas when there was a player in front of him and whether he should cross / shoot / cut inside. Ojo although younger seems to have a much better footballing brain.

Sterling is a different matter, looked like he had bags of potential here and now seems to be similar to Ibe when on the ball at Man City.

Sterling was better at Ojo's age. He'd just finished a season where he had 10 goals and 9 assists and was one of the reasons why we performed so well in the league. Ojo is still a decent young player but not at that level yet. The 3 of them are slightly different players too.

Ojo is calm on the ball, doesn't panic and doesn't run off with the ball into the middle of nowhere.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #150: Jul 19, 2016 08:05:18 pm

Ojo better with the ball at his feet.
      He's not quite as explosive as Raheem or Jordan, but he's a good enough athlete.
      He also has a better attitude than both, from the looks of it. More of a happy warrior.
      Ojo still looks to have a bit of baby fat on him, so he may still develop athletically and as a physical presence.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #151: Jul 19, 2016 08:51:09 pm
      Ojo better with the ball at his feet.
      He's not quite as explosive as Raheem or Jordan, but he's a good enough athlete.
      He also has a better attitude than both, from the looks of it. More of a happy warrior.
      Ojo still looks to have a bit of baby fat on him, so he may still develop athletically and as a physical presence.

Not sure you've seen enough of him Rob, when he turns on the afterburners he's fast as from a standing start.

The rest I agree with though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #152: Jul 20, 2016 12:42:10 pm
      Not sure you've seen enough of him Rob, when he turns on the afterburners he's fast as from a standing start.

The rest I agree with though.

I've seen all of his first team minutes. Maybe I should go back and watch a couple of late-season games. I certainly recall him being fast, just think Raheem's first step was/is exceptional even among elites.

Looking forward to seeing Ojo continue to progress this season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #153: Jul 20, 2016 12:52:45 pm
      I've seen all of his first team minutes. Maybe I should go back and watch a couple of late-season games. I certainly recall him being fast, just think Raheem's first step was/is exceptional even among elites.

Looking forward to seeing Ojo continue to progress this season.

He's not really shown his true pace yet with the 1sts mate, you need to watch him with the u21s.  As much as he's impressed in his cameo minutes he's very much played within himself so far.

I think the nearest he showed was against Shaqiri??  He left him for dead and the look on his (Shaqiris) face was a picture, as he's no slouch. 

The problem opposition players will have with him is he can and does go either way as he's comfortable on either foot, they'll try to drop off him to give themselves more time but then he'll either have a shot at goal or put in a peach of a pass.  Unlike most wingers, the fbs won't be able to push him onto his weak foot because he doesn't have one  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #154: Jul 22, 2016 10:32:10 am
      https://twitter.com/AcademyLFC/status/756095901492535296

Just come across this video, check out how filthy that cross is from Ojo :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #155: Aug 17, 2016 09:47:38 am
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #156: Aug 17, 2016 10:44:08 am
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #157: Sep 19, 2016 10:06:39 pm
      Yay!  Scan results show all's good, back in training this week  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #158: Sep 19, 2016 10:07:22 pm
      Yay!  Scan results show all's good, back in training this week  ;D

Fantastic, really like this lad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #159: Sep 19, 2016 10:09:09 pm

Yep he's a good un mate  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #160: Nov 15, 2016 10:59:40 pm
      Fantastic news.  Shame about the setback after he should have started training again in September, so finger crossed he'll be fine this time.  We could need this kid over the coming months.

14th November 2016
      Sheyi Ojo hands Liverpool boss Klopp an injury boost

Another Liverpool youngster looks set to hand the Reds an injury boost, with Sheyi Ojo returning to training.

The 19-year-old winger enjoyed a breakout campaign under Jürgen Klopp last season, making 11 appearances after returning on loan from Wolves in January.

But after promising outings at pre-season, Ojo suffered a back injury in the friendly defeat to Roma and has not been available for selection since.

Ojo, who sustained a fracture in his back, was scheduled for a mid-September return but suffered a setback.

He has now hinted he is ready to return to action however, posting a picture on Instagram with his boots on.

His comeback comes a day after Joe Gomez returned to action for the first time in 13 months, playing 45 minutes in a 6-0 behind closed doors friendly against Accrington.

A return to fitness would also be timely for Klopp, who is set to lose the squad’s only other recognised winger, Sadio Mane, to the Africa Cup of Nations in January.

Quick Reply