Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W7 D8 L7

Sheyi Ojo Player Thread

Read 23092 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: Sheyi Ojo Player Thread
      Reply #30: Feb 18, 2015 06:11:30 pm
      Sheyi is now in the top 10 players for goals and assists in the Championship based on minutes played.  Not bad for 17 years old but I don't think he'll go on loan next season, there's an interview with Malky saying Brendan intends bringing him into the 1st team squad in the summer.

Can you remember where you saw that Debs? I wouldn't mind a gander.

Personally, I'd rather Brendan bringing along and furthering the development of Wilson. With the recent photographs of him training with the 1st team, that's probably the intention anyway but, IMO he is not as raw as Ojo, he knows where the back of the net is and moreover, it's not as though we're short of options on the right.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #31: Feb 18, 2015 06:25:57 pm
      Tex's case is slightly different to most young players though mate.  He lost nearly 2 years of his development at a crucial age due to a serious back injury which nearly ended his career.  I'm sure he'll be given a bit more patience than others have been.

His underlying numbers are pretty good for his first proper season at pro level and for minutes played I believe he's in the top 5 for goals and assists in the Championship.

Sorry for the off topic comment folks.

Unfortunately you can't buy back that time. Playing whilst one is developing is crucial. We can't look at him like he is two years younger - he isn't going to have an extra two years of development. He might be able to salvage a professional footballing career - something that many sadly fail to do after a long layoff whilst young, but there is no evidence to suggest that players who are injured young develop later - the opposite in fact.

The bold is so far off being accurate, I have no idea where you got that from.
      He is not in the top 5 for either. He is 78th in the championship for goals, and 56th for Assists, with many, many younger players (many below the age of 20) occupying the spaces in between. His underlying numbers are ok, but not great - certainly nowhere near encouraging. He completes a large amount of dribbles which is promising (top 5 in the championship), and a decent amount of key passes (top 30), but not much else. He is the second most dispossessed player in the entire league and is high up there for ball losses caused by a bad touch.
      He will be a decent Championship player, probably for a yo-yo team, but there is nothing to indicate anything more than that

EDIT: Perhaps any replies to this should go in the Tex thread. Don't want to fill the Ojo thread up with off topic stuff
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2015 06:39:36 pm by Thaddeus »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #32: Feb 18, 2015 06:31:34 pm
      Can you remember where you saw that Debs? I wouldn't mind a gander.

Personally, I'd rather Brendan bringing along and furthering the development of Wilson. With the recent photographs of him training with the 1st team, that's probably the intention anyway but, IMO he is not as raw as Ojo, he knows where the back of the net is and moreover, it's not as though we're short of options on the right.

It was his pre or post match interview I think mate but both Beale and Inglethorpe have said that his target for next season is a permanent move to Melwood so they're clearly planning a route into the 1st team for him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #33: Feb 18, 2015 06:38:36 pm
      Unfortunately you can't buy back that time. Playing whilst one is developing is crucial. We can't look at him like he is two years younger - he isn't going to have an extra two years of development. He might be able to salvage a professional footballing career - something that many sadly fail to do after a long layoff whilst young, but there is no evidence to suggest that players who are injured young develop later - the opposite in fact.

The bold is so far off being accurate, I have no idea where you got that from.
      He is not in the top 5 for either. He is 78th in the championship for goals, and 56th for Assists, with many, many younger players (many below the age of 20) occupying the spaces in between. His underlying numbers are ok, but not great - certainly nowhere near encouraging. He completes a large amount of dribbles which is promising (top 5 in the championship), and a decent amount of key passes (top 30), but not much else. He is the second most dispossessed player in the entire league and is high up there for ball losses caused by a bad touch.
      He will be a decent Championship player, probably for a yo-yo team, but there is nothing to indicate anything more than that

You're probably right mate.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #34: Feb 21, 2015 04:33:28 pm
      Sheyi Ojo was given WIGAN man of the match last night, albeit a 3-0 loss.

https://twitter.com/sheyi_ojo/status/568905657103065088
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #35: Feb 25, 2015 04:23:30 pm
      seems like yet again another exciting attacking player we are knocking them out at the moment all these players could save us a fortune if given a chance under BR. all depends on if they take that chance like Sterling and Ibe so far two of the most exciting british players knocking about.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #36: Aug 02, 2015 10:11:23 pm
      Congrats to Sheji on his goal. Had a bit of luck for going in but it still was a powerfull voley.
      Great it turned up to be a winning goal.
      Hope it builds up his confidence.
      Lad can become a very exciting player.
      My favourite young talent Liverpool got at the moment besides Ibe.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #37: Aug 02, 2015 10:38:50 pm
      Sounds like he's going on loan to Wolves, that's a great move for him if it happens.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #38: Aug 02, 2015 11:03:37 pm
      Sounds like he's going on loan to Wolves, that's a great move for him if it happens.

Wolves fans seem pretty keen on him too which is positive.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,933 posts | 637 
      Reply #39: Aug 02, 2015 11:37:42 pm
      speaking of young/academy kids, does anyone remember the name of the striker we sent on loan to Hearts a couple of seasons ago?  tall, skinny, black lad---looked but I can't find him and don't remember his name.  Is he still with us or did we get rid of him?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Aug 02, 2015 11:41:33 pm
      speaking of young/academy kids, does anyone remember the name of the striker we sent on loan to Hearts a couple of seasons ago?  tall, skinny, black lad---looked but I can't find him and don't remember his name.  Is he still with us or did we get rid of him?

David Ngog?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,933 posts | 637 
      Reply #41: Aug 02, 2015 11:42:31 pm

tall, skinny and black fits but no it wasn't him.  :)

a young lad.  Didn't make it into the first team yet.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,973 posts | 36 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #42: Aug 02, 2015 11:42:52 pm

Michael Ngoo? Don't think he's with us anymore now
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #43: Aug 02, 2015 11:44:36 pm

Ngoo.....bounced around the scottish league/league one/championship and is currently teamless.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #44: Aug 02, 2015 11:45:32 pm
      Michael Ngoo? Don't think he's with us anymore now

Ngoo.....bounced around the scottish league/league one/championship and is currently teamless.

Ah well done lads.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,933 posts | 637 
      Reply #45: Aug 02, 2015 11:55:27 pm

Ngoo.... yup, that's him.  thanks mate.

Hard to believe that someone who was good enough to be in our Academy could suddenly become so bad that not even a team in League 1 would want him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #46: Aug 03, 2015 12:02:01 am
      Ngoo.... yup, that's him.  thanks mate.

Hard to believe that someone who was good enough to be in our Academy could suddenly become so bad that not even a team in League 1 would want him.

It seems he fits into the category whereby the really big lads stand out at youth level but when they get to senior football their ability is found wanting against developed players.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,848 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: Aug 03, 2015 10:49:24 am
      Could be going to Wolves on loan for the season which i am slightly disappointed with.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #48: Aug 03, 2015 10:57:29 am
      Could be going to Wolves on loan for the season which i am slightly disappointed with.

Why? He'll get football at a decent level in a decent team rather than for our under 21s. He'll barely get any minutes for our senior team this season so it makes sense.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,848 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #49: Aug 03, 2015 11:24:09 am
      Why? He'll get football at a decent level in a decent team rather than for our under 21s. He'll barely get any minutes for our senior team this season so it makes sense.

Suppose you're right. just thought that with the europa league etc he may get a few minutes
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #50: Aug 03, 2015 12:23:52 pm
      Suppose you're right. just thought that with the europa league etc he may get a few minutes

I see what you was getting at but I think a lot of Championship football is better than very few minutes in the Europa League.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #51: Aug 03, 2015 12:37:07 pm
      A Loand move is a good move as long as he gets game time which he should do there. Wish him all the luck
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1676 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2015 07:35:57 pm
      New Reds deal and loan switch for Ojo

Sheyi Ojo has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool – and also joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a youth loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old, who scored the winner in Sunday's 2-1 friendly victory at Swindon Town, has committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal.

He'll spend 2015-16 on loan at Wolves to gain some first-team experience with the Championship side.

Ojo joined Liverpool from MK Dons in 2011 and was named as a substitute for the first team in their Premier League matches at Leicester City and Burnley last season before a loan stint with Wigan Athletic.

The forward figured for the Reds during their summer tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/190040-new-reds-deal-and-loan-switch-for-ojo

Well done and work hard! YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2015 07:37:57 pm
      New Reds deal and loan switch for Ojo

Sheyi Ojo has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool – and also joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a youth loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old, who scored the winner in Sunday's 2-1 friendly victory at Swindon Town, has committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal.

He'll spend 2015-16 on loan at Wolves to gain some first-team experience with the Championship side.

Ojo joined Liverpool from MK Dons in 2011 and was named as a substitute for the first team in their Premier League matches at Leicester City and Burnley last season before a loan stint with Wigan Athletic.

The forward figured for the Reds during their summer tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/190040-new-reds-deal-and-loan-switch-for-ojo

Well done and work hard! YNWA

Fantastic news, on both counts.
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2015 07:39:06 pm
      Excellent news, wish him the best at Wolves this year.

First of a few more to go out on loan probably?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1676 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2015 07:48:07 pm
      For a 18 year old to play in Championship will do him huge benefit if he puts his head into the right frame of mind.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #56: Aug 26, 2015 02:43:37 pm
      Scored for Wolves in the Capitol One Cup last night to help them throught to the next round and was MotM.  Great start for him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #57: Aug 26, 2015 02:50:14 pm
      Scored for Wolves in the Capitol One Cup last night to help them throught to the next round and was MotM.  Great start for him.

Great to hear! Didn't know they were playing last night or I would have watched them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #58: Aug 26, 2015 03:07:14 pm
      Great to hear! Didn't know they were playing last night or I would have watched them.

He missed a couple before he scored too mate.  Not sure if it was on tv or not, I've had no internet and therefore no Sky tv since the storms on Saturday night.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #59: Aug 26, 2015 03:18:28 pm
      He missed a couple before he scored too mate.  Not sure if it was on tv or not, I've had no internet and therefore no Sky tv since the storms on Saturday night.

Ouch, any idea on when they'll be fixing it?

Quick Reply