Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool > Cardiff City)

Read 66036 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Sheyi Ojo Player Thread
      Reply #46: Aug 03, 2015 12:02:01 am
      Ngoo.... yup, that's him.  thanks mate.

Hard to believe that someone who was good enough to be in our Academy could suddenly become so bad that not even a team in League 1 would want him.

It seems he fits into the category whereby the really big lads stand out at youth level but when they get to senior football their ability is found wanting against developed players.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: Aug 03, 2015 10:49:24 am
      Could be going to Wolves on loan for the season which i am slightly disappointed with.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Aug 03, 2015 10:57:29 am
      Could be going to Wolves on loan for the season which i am slightly disappointed with.

Why? He'll get football at a decent level in a decent team rather than for our under 21s. He'll barely get any minutes for our senior team this season so it makes sense.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #49: Aug 03, 2015 11:24:09 am
      Why? He'll get football at a decent level in a decent team rather than for our under 21s. He'll barely get any minutes for our senior team this season so it makes sense.

Suppose you're right. just thought that with the europa league etc he may get a few minutes
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #50: Aug 03, 2015 12:23:52 pm
      Suppose you're right. just thought that with the europa league etc he may get a few minutes

I see what you was getting at but I think a lot of Championship football is better than very few minutes in the Europa League.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #51: Aug 03, 2015 12:37:07 pm
      A Loand move is a good move as long as he gets game time which he should do there. Wish him all the luck
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2015 07:35:57 pm
      New Reds deal and loan switch for Ojo

Sheyi Ojo has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool – and also joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a youth loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old, who scored the winner in Sunday's 2-1 friendly victory at Swindon Town, has committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal.

He'll spend 2015-16 on loan at Wolves to gain some first-team experience with the Championship side.

Ojo joined Liverpool from MK Dons in 2011 and was named as a substitute for the first team in their Premier League matches at Leicester City and Burnley last season before a loan stint with Wigan Athletic.

The forward figured for the Reds during their summer tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/190040-new-reds-deal-and-loan-switch-for-ojo

Well done and work hard! YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2015 07:37:57 pm
      New Reds deal and loan switch for Ojo

Sheyi Ojo has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool – and also joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a youth loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old, who scored the winner in Sunday's 2-1 friendly victory at Swindon Town, has committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal.

He'll spend 2015-16 on loan at Wolves to gain some first-team experience with the Championship side.

Ojo joined Liverpool from MK Dons in 2011 and was named as a substitute for the first team in their Premier League matches at Leicester City and Burnley last season before a loan stint with Wigan Athletic.

The forward figured for the Reds during their summer tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/190040-new-reds-deal-and-loan-switch-for-ojo

Well done and work hard! YNWA

Fantastic news, on both counts.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2015 07:39:06 pm
      Excellent news, wish him the best at Wolves this year.

First of a few more to go out on loan probably?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2015 07:48:07 pm
      For a 18 year old to play in Championship will do him huge benefit if he puts his head into the right frame of mind.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Aug 26, 2015 02:43:37 pm
      Scored for Wolves in the Capitol One Cup last night to help them throught to the next round and was MotM.  Great start for him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: Aug 26, 2015 02:50:14 pm
      Scored for Wolves in the Capitol One Cup last night to help them throught to the next round and was MotM.  Great start for him.

Great to hear! Didn't know they were playing last night or I would have watched them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #58: Aug 26, 2015 03:07:14 pm
      Great to hear! Didn't know they were playing last night or I would have watched them.

He missed a couple before he scored too mate.  Not sure if it was on tv or not, I've had no internet and therefore no Sky tv since the storms on Saturday night.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #59: Aug 26, 2015 03:18:28 pm
      He missed a couple before he scored too mate.  Not sure if it was on tv or not, I've had no internet and therefore no Sky tv since the storms on Saturday night.

Ouch, any idea on when they'll be fixing it?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #60: Aug 26, 2015 03:27:31 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #61: Aug 26, 2015 03:32:33 pm
      Ouch, any idea on when they'll be fixing it?

Tomorrow mate when the new modem arrives.  We had a lightening strike on the house and it's blown the sky box and the modem, scariest thing I've ever witnessed.  It was like one of those really loud fireworks exploding in the living room, thankfully nobody was hurt.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #62: Sep 29, 2015 09:57:02 pm
      Apparently a MOTM performance after coming on as a substitute v Fulham set one up and also scored one.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Sep 29, 2015 10:00:52 pm
      Tomorrow mate when the new modem arrives.  We had a lightening strike on the house and it's blown the sky box and the modem, scariest thing I've ever witnessed.  It was like one of those really loud fireworks exploding in the living room, thankfully nobody was hurt.

Completely forgot about this. Glad to hear nobody was hurt.

Apparently a MOTM performance after coming on as a substitute v Fulham set one up and also scored one.

Was just about to post about this, he seems to have settled very well to Championship football.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Oct 18, 2015 03:17:26 pm
      Bagged himself another assist today. The lad's doing well.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #65: Oct 19, 2015 02:14:23 am
      Bagged himself another assist today. The lad's doing well.

Glad to hear he's getting some quality minutes and taking his chance. I hope he stays injury-free and continues to do well and earns a place in our squad next season.
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #66: Oct 31, 2015 04:21:45 pm
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #67: Nov 01, 2015 07:32:36 pm
      I LOVE the fact Klopp doesn't like putting players out on loan. It is better for development by training under the same management as opposed to lower league managers.

Got high hopes for Ojo - if Klopp had been manager earlier, we'd see him getting game time in a Liverpool shirt I believe, offering an option from the bench at times.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #68: Jan 06, 2016 10:41:26 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-recall-winger-sheyi-ojo-10696694#rlabs=3%20rt$category%20p$5

Good idea, could be fast tracked for the Exeter game  - we saw how Ibe flourished after coming back from Derby. Gives us options, is a young fast player and got strength too. He could flourish under Klopp.

Quick Reply