Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

Ryan Kent Player Thread (on loan at Rangers)

Read 15762 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Re: Ryan Kent Player Thread
      Reply #30: Dec 13, 2015 01:33:23 pm
      He's just come on for Coventry with 20+ minutes to go if anybody is interested in watching.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 824 posts | 229 
      Reply #31: Dec 13, 2015 02:42:25 pm
      Yep I've been watching.  He came on and played on the right in a very physical game, and showed some nice skills and ability to get to the byline against some rugged challenges.  Looked quick and confident on the right wing.  Good lad.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,843 posts | 2973 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2015 02:06:22 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2015 02:14:10 pm
      We overhype our kids at Liverpool, so I might as well do it as well. I think this kids properly got it and will make a player.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,151 posts | 2716 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2015 02:20:21 pm
      surely these kids must be worth looking at compared to buying a player for £5mil and then loaning him back . Give these lads a chance they cant be any worse than some of the muppets we have paid money for.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #35: Dec 31, 2015 02:24:11 pm
      These Coventry fans make me laugh. A few weeks ago they were praising him and saying how good he is and now...

"Not sure? He definitely isn't!!

Wonder now if TM will play him against Crewe. My guess is he will be on the bench."

Not ready for pro football yet. Clearly has a lot of talent, probably 12 months too soon for him to be playing for a League 1 club.

Not one bit arsed about him going back

I'm not convinced he is going to make it big. He had bags of skill for sure, but then so did Kevin Thornton. I think Adam Armstrong is going to go much further in the game than Ryan Kent.

Hope he does well, but I think he may not turn out to be all they think he'll be.

Glad to see the back of him. He's all fur coat and no knickers (borrowed from Big Ron I believe about Nick Barnby).

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #36: Dec 31, 2015 02:35:35 pm
      Very very excited about this. Him, Canos, Rossiter, Chirivella and Teixeira are the ones I want to see given time to embed into our first team setup

I want to see us playing with inside wide forwards with Canos, Kent, Markovic and Ibe fighting for the 2 positions available. I don't think we need to go out and splash big on wide players, just need to fix that spine (GK, midfield and getting Ings, Sturridge and Origi fit) and give our talented young wide players an opportunity.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 14 
      Reply #37: Dec 31, 2015 03:37:09 pm
      I found it interesting when I was on the club's website, and look into some of the academy players, they are asked who is the most skillful teammate they have. They all say it's this kid. Hopefully he will get his chance sooner rather than later.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #38: Dec 31, 2015 06:22:15 pm
      surely we can't bring back a 19 year old kid who's yet to prive himself in league 1 just because he's talented? 

he's just turned 19, he needs to develop and he'll only do that playing regularly not watching on from our bench
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #39: Jan 01, 2016 12:35:19 pm
      I'm made up for Ryan that he's been brought back early but it's great news for us fans too as this lad is special.  He might be a bit raw but that's what makes him exciting to watch, he doesn't have any fear about messing up, he just does his thing.

He has the one thing we've desperately missed this season and that's pace.  He scares defenders with it, he uses both feet too making the defenders job of trying to stop him even harder.

I'm not saying he'll be the dogs bollocks in the sense of scoring loads or even assisting loads but his abilities could help change our season for the better  :D
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2016 01:30:36 pm
      now watch him not make a single start for us this season.

and whoever can quote me on that
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 136 
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2016 05:22:21 pm
      Very very excited about this. Him, Canos, Rossiter, Chirivella and Teixeira are the ones I want to see given time to embed into our first team setup

I want to see us playing with inside wide forwards with Canos, Kent, Markovic and Ibe fighting for the 2 positions available. I don't think we need to go out and splash big on wide players, just need to fix that spine (GK, midfield and getting Ings, Sturridge and Origi fit) and give our talented young wide players an opportunity.

I'd be absolutely stunned if Teixeira makes it here. I just cannot see it happening. He's not as good as the players ahead of him and he isn't going to be given chances. He should move on for the benefit of his own career. His chances were limited under Rodgers and they appear to be under Klopp too, despite us having missed the majority of our attack at times under him.

now watch him not make a single start for us this season.

and whoever can quote me on that

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make a single start for us, but ideally he shouldn't have to. Maybe Exeter he should start, but other than that ideally he'll get his chances coming off the bench. I was reading a Coventry forum to see what they thought of him and the majority thought his skill was unbelievable, but were really disappointed with his end product. He should fit right in with us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #42: Jul 09, 2016 11:43:15 am
      BARNSLEY WANT KENT LOAN

Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed his interest in taking Liverpool youngster Ryan Kent on loan after catching his eye during a spell with Coventry last term.

"He is a good player and he did well against us last season," the Tykes manager told the Barnsley Chronicle. "He certainly fits into the bracket of player that we are after."

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #43: Jul 09, 2016 01:20:15 pm
      BARNSLEY WANT KENT LOAN

Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed his interest in taking Liverpool youngster Ryan Kent on loan after catching his eye during a spell with Coventry last term.

"He is a good player and he did well against us last season," the Tykes manager told the Barnsley Chronicle. "He certainly fits into the bracket of player that we are after."

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Could be a good move for him and it would be good for me to get to watch him at Oakwell but I'd prefer him to stay and work with Jürgen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #44: Jul 09, 2016 01:38:08 pm
      Could be a good move for him and it would be good for me to get to watch him at Oakwell but I'd prefer him to stay and work with Jürgen.

Might not be a bad duo on the wings with Kent and Hammill.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #45: Jul 09, 2016 01:50:55 pm

Watching the first half again from yesterday, it seems, as with the Exeter Cup match last season, that his willingness and ability to run at players is his strongest asset, but his youthful tendency to hang on to it just a bit too long is his major need of improvement. As he continues developing, that improved decision-making to go with his obvious technical ability and imagination could make him quite a good player... for somebody.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #46: Jul 09, 2016 02:29:52 pm

True mate and I can see why they'd want him too but I think he'd get opportunities if he stays.

It's a tough one for them at 19/20 the games help them but they could miss being a regular here and once you've missed out it's tough to change it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #47: Jul 09, 2016 02:33:42 pm
      True mate and I can see why they'd want him too but I think he'd get opportunities if he stays.

It's a tough one for them at 19/20 the games help them but they could miss being a regular here and once you've missed out it's tough to change it.

There's a few players he has to get ahead of though and without European games his chances are very limited.

Coutinho, Mane, Markovic, Lallana, Ojo & Milner. That's a lot of players he has to somehow compete with.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #48: Jul 09, 2016 02:41:01 pm
      There's a few players he has to get ahead of though and without European games his chances are very limited.

Coutinho, Mane, Markovic, Lallana, Ojo & Milner. That's a lot of players he has to somehow compete with.

So did Flanno when he missed out on a loan deal but he got a chance through injuries to others and took it.

Canos last season would have had a chance too and probably wouldn't be leaving us so soon if he'd stayed.

It's a risk only they can take but with Jürgen at the club I'd be staying put  :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,502 posts | 2050 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: Jul 17, 2016 09:25:41 pm
      Played well today!
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #50: Jul 21, 2016 09:12:46 pm
      Did Ryan travel to the U.S. or is he looking at a loan deal?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #51: Jul 26, 2016 10:43:34 am
      Loan to Barnsley should be confirmed today.

Good move for him.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,558 posts | 93 
      Reply #52: Jul 26, 2016 07:52:46 pm

Good move for him.

confirmed by Barnsley fc site
      http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/

good move for the player, he will get more game time there to improve
      YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #53: Jul 26, 2016 07:55:17 pm

Good move for him.

Knew you'd like it :D.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,502 posts | 2050 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #54: Jul 26, 2016 08:04:40 pm
      Wonder if that includes the 'must play' clause?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #55: Jul 26, 2016 08:06:41 pm
      Wonder if that includes the 'must play' clause?

It does mate, all loans for the younger lads from now on will include the clause. The only issue I have with it is what if the player isn't doing that great? Are they still meant to play somebody who isn't contributing? That could result in teams getting relegated or missing out on play-offs etc. if managed wrongly.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #56: Jul 26, 2016 08:11:59 pm

With Hammill on the opposite side it'll be fun mate.  Another good reason to have a few visits to Oakwell this season. 

It does mate, all loans for the younger lads from now on will include the clause. The only issue I have with it is what if the player isn't doing that great? Are they still meant to play somebody who isn't contributing? That could result in teams getting relegated or missing out on play-offs etc. if managed wrongly.

I wouldn't worry too much mate, I'm sure it's something that's been discussed between Clubs and I can't see any of our lads just being dumped somewhere with no feedback or contact.  Maybe it's possible for them to come back to the Club for further coaching, mentoring etc, they just wouldn't be able to play.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,680 posts | 2594 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2016 08:13:34 pm
      Good to see we have the 75% of the season clause again. Fitness providing anyway.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Re: Ryan Kent Player Thread (On Loan at Barnsley)
      Reply #58: Aug 18, 2016 05:41:22 pm
      Ryan was motm for Barnsley last night in their 3-2 win against QPR.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Re: Ryan Kent Player Thread (On Loan at Barnsley)
      Reply #59: Aug 18, 2016 06:27:58 pm
      Ryan was motm for Barnsley last night in their 3-2 win against QPR.

I saw the short highlights on the Sky Sports website and he looked like he was having a decent game, glad it was a better performance than I first thought.

Quick Reply