Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ryan Kent (Liverpool -> Rangers)

Read 56688 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Ryan Kent (Liverpool -> Rangers)
      Jan 26, 2015 02:35:08 pm
      Ryan is another youngster who has blossomed this season.  He's only just turned 16 last November yet is featuring regularly for the u21's, u18's and has been a stallwart of the UEFA Youth Cup squad.

Another very exciting prospect.

Ryan joined Liverpool as an U9 player and is a regular member of the U18 squad.

He will also feature for the U21 squad in the 2014-15 season.

A dynamic winger who can play on the left or right side, Kent loves to take on defenders and cause endless problems for the opposition.
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2019 04:14:33 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Ryan Kent Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 26, 2015 04:17:00 pm
      Ryan is another youngster who has blossomed this season.  He's only just turned 16 last November yet is featuring regularly for the u21's, u18's and has been a stallwart of the UEFA Youth Cup squad.

Another very exciting prospect.

Ryan joined Liverpool as an U9 player and is a regular member of the U18 squad.

He will also feature for the U21 squad in the 2014-15 season.

A dynamic winger who can play on the left or right side, Kent loves to take on defenders and cause endless problems for the opposition.

18 not 16 ;) haha

Only managed to catch him play a few times, not kept up with the academy teams as much as I'd like but he looked very good.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2: Jan 30, 2015 12:47:38 pm
      not seen much now that LFC chose to rob the fans and charge for LFCTV but i suppose it was always going to happen as its a business at the end of the day to FSG so why would they give it away for free. been told he looks good so lets hope some of these players do a sterling and break into the 1st team so we dont have to always buy from overseas.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 30, 2015 01:22:04 pm
      Is he the son of Supermans alter ego?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Jan 30, 2015 01:37:19 pm
      Is he the son of Supermans alter ego?

Would've been epic if his parents named him Clark instead of Ryan :D

Anyway, I'd be curious to see how Kent or Canos does as a #9. From what I've seen, I think both would be capable.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Mar 31, 2015 04:11:27 pm
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2016 02:46:35 pm by JD »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Apr 01, 2015 06:16:49 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Apr 01, 2015 06:21:45 pm
      Liverpool player signs new contract shocker

Yeah an injured players too mate, seems we're good at getting them to sign when they can't play  :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: May 01, 2015 07:17:23 pm
      Ryans highlight reel from todays mini derby.  I haven't seen the game but I hear he had a good game considering it's his first since his injury.  Couple of cracking goals too.

Hope the link works I don't know how else to post it.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=204689.82160
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jul 26, 2015 02:38:18 pm
      Sounds like he's off on a season long loan to MK Dons or Huddersfield Town. 

Great news that we've got lads being sought by Championship level Clubs and it's a big move for him being one of our younger u21's.  I like the kid so hopefully he makes the most of it and comes back a better player.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #10: Aug 04, 2015 09:10:10 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Aug 04, 2015 09:48:20 am
      There should be a few teams interested in loaning him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12: Aug 04, 2015 02:32:49 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Aug 04, 2015 04:24:09 pm
      So glad he's had a few run outs in pre season, he really impressed me in the youth games last season and has deserved to showcase is talents on a bigger stage.

Im sure there'll be a few Clubs wanting him on loan this season, I'm also sure he'll relish the opportunity and put his all into claiming and keeping a starting spot.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Aug 05, 2015 01:10:05 am
      Liverpool FC consider loan offers from Championship clubs for Ryan Kent

17:44, 4 AUGUST 2015
      BY JAMES PEARCE

Reds starlet set to leave on temporary basis - but not to Swindon

Liverpool are considering a number of loan offers from Championship clubs for highly-rated youngster Ryan Kent.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is prepared to let the 18-year-old attacking midfielder leave on a temporary basis in order to secure first-team football.

League One outfit Swindon Town were hoping to make Kent their fourth loan signing of the summer from Liverpool having already snapped up Kevin Stewart, Jordan Williams and Lawrence Vigouroux.

However, Swindon are increasingly resigned to him going elsewhere with Kent being pursued by a number of clubs in the division above them.

Swindon chairman Lee Power, who held talks with Rodgers after Sunday’s friendly with the Reds when Kent made a stylish cameo, told BBC Radio Wiltshire: “I said to Brendan I was going to put him (Ryan) in the boot of the car and keep him here for a month!

“You could see the talent the boy has and the problem is there are many teams in the Championship that want him. We had a long chat with Brendan after and he explained that to us.

“I know that Brendan is keen for him to come to us because he said in the press that we were one of the few clubs that they would like to loan their players out to, which is quite nice for the football club.

“Attracting someone like Ryan is going to be difficult and looking very unlikely at the moment, but if he was to come then it would be a huge signing.”

Oldham-born Kent joined Liverpool at the age of seven and has established himself as one of the most exciting talents to emerge from the Kirkby Academy. Rodgers included him in the first-team squad for the tour of the Far East and Australia and he came off the bench against Brisbane Roar.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-consider-loan-offers-9791888

Looks like Kent will be off to the Championship for a season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Aug 05, 2015 09:58:38 pm
      This lad Oozes quality, but he's green and needs to learn at a higher level, great move for him going to the championship, yet another very promising prospect going out a boy but will come back a man,.....watch this space !

Good luck Ryan,

YNWA
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #16: Aug 07, 2015 07:09:52 am
      are we looking to loan our young strikers out and give the u21 striker positions to the likes of Origi and Yesil, to give them as much game time as possible? they are our young strikers at the top of the pecking order, it makes sense to me to give our next wave of talent opportunities to see how they go at other clubs whilst doing everything we can to get Yesil and Origi up and running.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Aug 17, 2015 05:00:36 pm
      Fantastic news for Ryan, now the hard work begins.  I'm sure he'll do fine with Karl and the Dons, they play really good football but it'll be a big challenge as they try to establish themselves in the Championship.

Promising youngster Ryan Kent has signed on a season long loan with Championship club MK Dons, their club’s official Twitter account has confirmed.

The 18-year-old shone during a cameo appearance for the first-team in a friendly versus Swindon before the start of the campaign, and after regularly impressing for the Under-21s, management felt it was time for him to test his mettle elsewhere.

The teenager prides himself on his acceleration, dribbling and ability to shoot from range.

He’s comfortable on the right or left, and has been used centrally as well – bagging two in two games for England Under-18s so far.

Kent joins his fellow wing flyer Sheyi Ojo on loan in the Championship, with his Under-21 team-mate from last term spending the season with Wolves.

Both will be hoping to impress in a similar manner to Jordon Ibe, who did so well with Derby in 2014/15 that Brendan Rodgers recalled him to Liverpool – and he’s since established himself as a vital member of the first-team squad.

Breaking through at Liverpool is going to be very hard for anybody, regardless of talent, but Rodgers has shown time and time again that if a player is good enough, he’s old enough.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/08/17/mk-dons-sign-liverpool-flyer-on-loan/
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2015 05:14:23 pm
      Good to see our young prospects going on loan to decent sides playing in the championship
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2015 05:55:24 pm
      Fantastic news for Ryan, now the hard work begins.  I'm sure he'll do fine with Karl and the Dons, they play really good football but it'll be a big challenge as they try to establish themselves in the Championship.

Promising youngster Ryan Kent has signed on a season long loan with Championship club MK Dons, their club’s official Twitter account has confirmed.

The 18-year-old shone during a cameo appearance for the first-team in a friendly versus Swindon before the start of the campaign, and after regularly impressing for the Under-21s, management felt it was time for him to test his mettle elsewhere.

The teenager prides himself on his acceleration, dribbling and ability to shoot from range.

He’s comfortable on the right or left, and has been used centrally as well – bagging two in two games for England Under-18s so far.

Kent joins his fellow wing flyer Sheyi Ojo on loan in the Championship, with his Under-21 team-mate from last term spending the season with Wolves.

Both will be hoping to impress in a similar manner to Jordon Ibe, who did so well with Derby in 2014/15 that Brendan Rodgers recalled him to Liverpool – and he’s since established himself as a vital member of the first-team squad.

Breaking through at Liverpool is going to be very hard for anybody, regardless of talent, but Rodgers has shown time and time again that if a player is good enough, he’s old enough.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/08/17/mk-dons-sign-liverpool-flyer-on-loan/

Excellent news. MK Dons play some decent football so he should fit in. He'll no doubt just be a squad player but he'll benefit from the experienced nonetheless.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2015 06:05:55 pm
      Excellent news. MK Dons play some decent football so he should fit in. He'll no doubt just be a squad player but he'll benefit from the experienced nonetheless.

I wonder if Karl coached him when he has at the Academy? 

It's up to him now to prove he's good enough to start and once he gets that, prove he's good enough to keep it.  There's no real pressure on him though, he's still only 18 and may have to go through 2 or 3 loan spells before we see him reach his true potential.

Great opportunity though, so I hope he makes a name for himself.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Nov 03, 2015 11:18:16 pm
      Scored his first senior and opening goal for Coventry tonight and rumour has it, Jurgens recalled him from loan. 

Edit:  Not a rumour.

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp recalls Ryan Kent from Coventry City loan spell

The Sky Blues hope 18-year-old can return after the new Liverpool's new boss takes a closer look at the Reds talent.Coventry City maintained their promotion push with a dramatic 4-3 victory against Barnsley last night.

But they will be forced to revamp their team for Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Northampton Town with Adam Armstrong and Ryan Kent, who supplied three of the goals at the Ricoh Arena, ruled out by their parent clubs.

Kent, in fact, has been recalled by Liverpool – temporarily, hopes City boss Tony Mowbray – because new Anfield chief Jürgen Klopp wants to run the rule over his young assets.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-manager-Jürgen-klopp-recalls-10382609?
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2015 11:30:46 pm by reddebs »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #22: Nov 04, 2015 08:43:49 am

Quick Reply