Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ryan Kent (Liverpool -> Rangers)

Read 56684 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Ryan Kent Player Thread
      Reply #115: Aug 31, 2017 10:52:34 pm
      Freiburg.   Season long loan.

Thats Wolfsburg and Freiburg with our players on loan.

Think Jürgen wants Origi and Ryan to learn German.

Would have rather we kept Kent and not signed Ox.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #116: Aug 31, 2017 10:56:04 pm

Ryan is still way too raw he's not ready for the PL yet.

Much happier with Ox in the squad over Kent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #117: Aug 31, 2017 10:57:54 pm
      Ryan is still way too raw he's not ready for the PL yet.

Based on? He looked far from "raw" in pre-season. In fact, his performance against Bayern was as if he had been part of the 1st team for a regular basis.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #118: Sep 01, 2017 12:44:04 am
      Wish he wasn't going out on loan but I suppose we can call him back if injuries start to take their toll, can't we?
      Kopite78
      Reply #119: Sep 01, 2017 08:00:45 am

That's absolutely mental 🙄
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #120: Sep 01, 2017 10:27:53 am

No it's not.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #121: Sep 01, 2017 10:42:53 am

It kind of is mate.

Especially when you see what Klopp is going to do with the Ox.

How was Kent going to get a game?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #122: Sep 01, 2017 10:49:58 am
      Yep Ryan Kent is miles away from starting games.  A season long loan at a decent German team is far better for development than token appearances in cup games at Liverpool.

Don't think many would question Ox signing if it wasn't for the transfer fee.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #123: Sep 01, 2017 10:52:44 am
      Yep Ryan Kent is miles away from starting games.  A season long loan at a decent German team is far better for development than token appearances in cup games at Liverpool.

Don't think many would question Ox signing if it wasn't for the transfer fee.

Chavs paid the same for Danny Drinkwater.

Fee was about right in this mad market.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #124: Sep 01, 2017 10:57:14 am
      Chavs paid the same for Danny Drinkwater.

Fee was about right in this mad market.

Think it was more the fact he was in the last year of his contract that people question the fee.  And perhaps it wasn't really a position we needed strengthening in anyway.

But he does add great depth and I think it'll be a good signing so no complaints from me.  I'd definitely have him in the squad over Kent anyway  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #125: Sep 01, 2017 04:37:51 pm
      It kind of is mate.

Especially when you see what Klopp is going to do with the Ox.

How was Kent going to get a game?

How and where do you think he actually slots in and to make enough of an impact to justify 40mill with 10months left on his contract. He has very few assists, very few goals and has made very little impact in his career so far. That money would have been better spent elsewhere and then pushed on the likes of Kent and Grujic.

We paid basically the same amount for Salah, who has a heck of a lot more goals and assists and been consistently good for a few years now but yet we tried to haggle that down so where is the justification in this deal?! He adds nothing we don't already have. People also weren't sure about Salah because of his time in England with Chelsea but yet people seem happy enough about Ox and only question the fee based on the length of deal he had left at Arsenal...how about questioning the fact he's a bang average player.

Kent has shown plenty of positives so far but people deem him nowhere near ready whilst those people are probably the ones calling for TAA to be 1st choice right back ahead of Clyne. We don't need Kent to be coming in as a starter, we need him to be gradually introduced and grow into the team. People are kidding themselves if they think Ox is going to be anything more than a bit part player so why not use what we have for that position and strengthen where we really needed to?!
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017 04:46:50 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #126: Sep 01, 2017 04:49:22 pm
      How is Ox going to get a game, where do you think he actually slots in and to make enough of an impact to justify 40mill with 10months left on his contract. He has very few assists, very few goals and has made very little impact in his career so far. That money would have been better spent elsewhere and then pushed on the likes of Kent and Grujic.

Ox will thrive in a 4-3-3 like he did with Saints as a kid before Arsenal and Wenger stagnated his development.

I'm not the biggest Ox fan but there is a much better player in there than what we have seen the last few years.

I wasn't happy with the signing at first either mate especially for that fee.

A couple of my Arsenal supporter mates think he's useless and weren't fussed about him leaving but I think they are just bitter that their team is tanking right now.

So I started looking at Ox more closely even watched a couple vids when we was at Saints. He used to play fearless and would attack at will. At Arsenal I always felt he was playing under strict instructions which inhibited his abilities greatly. I think Klopp will give him much more freedom to express himself on the pitch.

I think he'll surprise us all mate I really do
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #127: Sep 01, 2017 04:55:22 pm
      Ox will thrive in a 4-3-3 like he did with Saints as a kid before Arsenal and Wenger stagnated his development.

I'm not the biggest Ox fan but there is a much better player in there than what we have seen the last few years.

I wasn't happy with the signing at first either mate especially for that fee.

A couple of my Arsenal supporter mates think he's useless and weren't fussed about him leaving but I think they are just bitter that their team is tanking right now.

So I started looking at Ox more closely even watched a couple vids when we was at Saints. He used to play fearless and would attack at will. At Arsenal I always felt he was playing under strict instructions which inhibited his abilities greatly. I think Klopp will give him much more freedom to express himself on the pitch.

I think he'll surprise us all mate I really do

Arsenal have become a club where top class quality players can move to them and transform from hungry, glory obsessed players to deadbeat lethargics who look totally disinterested. The likes of Ozil and Sanchez, compared to their Real and Barca days respectively, mope around the field as though they've been neutered. Something seriously awry at that club and I like to think AOO was just as susceptible to those same problems as almost every other player at the Arse.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #128: Nov 20, 2017 01:31:40 am
      Ryan is one player I certainly want given a chance at Liverpool next season
      Think there is a good player in there.
      Like his pace and trickery and also seems to put in a damn good weighted cross.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #129: Dec 10, 2017 04:30:40 am
      How is young Ryan doing?
      Liked the look of him in preseason and certainly one I would love to see being given a chance in our red shirt in the future.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #130: Jan 12, 2018 09:15:24 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #131: Apr 28, 2018 03:39:37 pm
      Not even making the bench of late for Bristol City. After the Bayern match in the summer, he was being talked about as having such a bright future. Future is at a crossroads now.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #132: May 02, 2018 04:59:43 pm
      With the likes of Woodburn, Wilson and Ojo who are ahead if him plus the likely hood of buying another established attacking midfielder I say Kent best move is to find a championship side on a permanent deal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #133: Jul 21, 2018 03:48:43 pm
      Kent being loaned to Rangers.
      Celtic tried to get Wilson but we rejected it.
      Apparently we aren't loaning players to Celtic. The reason we gave was because they treated our loan players bad last season. I think it's more about respect for Gerrard.

Rangers will end up like our reserves.  ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Ryan Kent Player Thread (on loan at Rangers)
      Reply #134: Jul 22, 2018 02:27:44 pm
      Kent being loaned to Rangers.
      Celtic tried to get Wilson but we rejected it.
      Apparently we aren't loaning players to Celtic. The reason we gave was because they treated our loan players bad last season. I think it's more about respect for Gerrard.

Rangers will end up like our reserves.  ;D

Confirmed now by Liverpoolfc.com.

Good luck
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #135: Jul 24, 2018 12:02:26 pm
      Disappointed to see him go to Scotland. It seems that we only send players on loan when we have zero faith in them. Have any of our players ever returned from a loan to make an impact in the first team? I'm not against loans in principle and it has worked at other clubs, I've just lost any faith in LFC players going out on loan and coming back to have a career with us. Even less so if they're going to the Scottish Premier League. Oh well, good luck to him I guess.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #136: Jul 24, 2018 12:34:20 pm
      Disappointed to see him go to Scotland. It seems that we only send players on loan when we have zero faith in them. Have any of our players ever returned from a loan to make an impact in the first team? I'm not against loans in principle and it has worked at other clubs, I've just lost any faith in LFC players going out on loan and coming back to have a career with us. Even less so if they're going to the Scottish Premier League. Oh well, good luck to him I guess.

Its a good question whether any loan spells have improved players, I can't think of any, so I guess its just used a sa way of offsetting wages and putting them in the shop window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #137: Jul 24, 2018 12:38:22 pm
      Its a good question whether any loan spells have improved players, I can't think of any, so I guess its just used a sa way of offsetting wages and putting them in the shop window.

Nowadays when we loan out it's for the shop window.

The last player I can recall we loaned out to have any real impact on the first team was Danny Murphy and even at that we signed him then loaned him back the following season.

Can't be the last is it?

Quick Reply