Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Chelsea v Liverpool 2nd Leg(1-1) Pre Match-League Cup 27th Jan SS1 19:45GMT

Read 9993 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Chelsea v Liverpool 2nd Leg(1-1) Pre Match-League Cup 27th Jan SS1 19:45GMT
      Jan 26, 2015 07:14:48 pm
      Unsure why this hasn't been created already?  ??? :roll:

We go to Chelsea with good confidence

Liverpool's dominant performance in the first leg of their semi-final with Chelsea means they can travel to Stamford Bridge for the return with confidence, explained Brendan Rodgers today.

The manager was previewing the League Cup last four decider, which is delicately balanced after the rivals traded a blow apiece in their initial meeting at Anfield last Tuesday.

Jose Mourinho's team broke the deadlock on Merseyside when Eden Hazard won a penalty in front of the Kop and stepped up himself to send compatriot Simon Mignolet the wrong way.

But back came the Reds, and in emphatic fashion. They attacked the Londoners almost constantly following the interval and levelled proceedings through a fine Raheem Sterling strike.

The consensus was that Rodgers' side had done enough to win the match and although they did not, the showing gives the Northern Irishman great faith for the second tie.

"It's a different game, of course, but a game we'll have to be really solid in our defending in," assessed the manager at a press conference from Melwood on Monday morning.

"That was also key; we were a real threat going forward, but if you analyse the last game we were very good defensively. We had great pressure on the ball, we were very good controlling the counter-attack.

"They had one moment just after half-time when [Diego] Costa sort of got through and we were on our toes, with Simon [Mignolet] at the edge of the box.

"Apart from that, we controlled the counter-attack really well and looked a real threat going forward. I felt we took that performance into the cup game against Bolton, but just couldn't quite get the goal.

"The team is on the up, we have seen that over the last number of weeks - confidence is really high. We certainly won't be underestimating Chelsea because they have had a disappointing result, we know that every element of our game has to be at a high level.

"But we've got great confidence going into the game, knowing that in particular away from home our form and resilience is getting better and better, and we can get a result.

"The opportunity to win trophies was always going to be a priority for us. We're at the semi-final stage, it's a one-off game now to take us there. We feel confident that we can get a result that gets us into the final."

Chelsea were in FA Cup action at their home ground on Saturday afternoon and were the subject of one of the tournament's most surprising results of this or any season.

Leading 2-0 against Bradford City and in command, the Blues appeared to be destined for the fifth round until the League One outfit stormed back to claim a 4-2 triumph.

Asked how that result might affect their approach to tackling Liverpool, Rodgers commented: "They had a tough result at the weekend but it doesn't mean they're not a dangerous team or an outstanding team.

"They will have great motivation in a different game and different competition, with a Wembley place at stake. When you come off a game like that, you want to put it right.

"But there is also that in the back of your mind that even if you're up in the game - like they were, 2-0 - you can still lose the game. So I'm sure there'll be that bit of trepidation. But it will be a motivation to get over the result.

"They are a very good side. We played them last week when they were probably coming off their best result and performance, arguably, of the season against Swansea.

"But we were outstanding in the game, and showed a real level of performance that restricted them to a penalty. They had no corners, for a team that is very dangerous from corners.

"We restricted them to very limited possession and opportunities. But they are still a dangerous team. We know it's going to be a tough game.

"But we're certainly going into the game with no fear. Our strength is very much in attack and going forward - we showed that in the last game."

Author: Chris Shaw (LFC Offal)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178833-br-we-go-to-chelsea-with-good-confidence

'We have the quality to book Wembley trip'

Jordan Henderson insists Liverpool have the necessary qualities to book a trip to Wembley by overcoming Chelsea in their League Cup semi-final tomorrow night.

The tie with the Barclays Premier League leaders is finely balanced following a 1-1 draw in the opening leg between the rivals at Anfield last Tuesday.

Eden Hazard handed Jose Mourinho's team an early advantage from the penalty spot that evening, but the response from the Reds was hugely impressive.

They dominated the second period and deserved more than just the equaliser produced by an exquisite dribble and finish from the returning Raheem Sterling.

Henderson therefore approaches the decisive return at Stamford Bridge with confidence as the target of silverware moves within reach for Brendan Rodgers' charges.

"It's a big opportunity for us going there on Tuesday," said the Liverpool vice-captain. "We need to defend like we have been and look to hurt them on the break.

"It would mean everything to get to a Wembley final. One of our big aims this season was to win a trophy and if we beat Chelsea, we won't be far away.

"We've been through some tough times this season but we have dug in and stuck together as a team. We've come out the other side.

"We've got great team spirit and if we play the way we can, then we can get a good result there.

"We have to be strong both physically and mentally against Chelsea, and I think we've shown that recently. We've shown that we can be physical when we need to be.

"We've been fantastic of late and hopefully we can keep putting in performances. We are growing as a team. Hopefully we can keep going from strength to strength."

Chelsea were eliminated from the FA Cup in dramatic fashion on Saturday, with Bradford City recovering from a two-goal deficit to record a 4-2 triumph at Stamford Bridge.

Henderson said: "I'm not sure whether Chelsea going out of the FA Cup will work for or against us. I'm sure they will just look to put it behind them.

"From our point of view, we took a lot of confidence from the first leg. We were a bit disappointed not to win the game but our confidence has really grown over the past month or two.

"The second leg might be a little bit different with Chelsea being at home. We know they might come straight at us from the off. They have some fantastic players but we are a good team and we've shown that of late."

Author: Chris Shaw (LFC Offal)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178831-we-have-the-quality-to-book-wembley-trip

Same team for me:

Could maybe swap Lallana for Stevie, but BR will not make him sit this one out.

And a repeat of this please:

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool 2nd Leg(1-1) Pre Match-League Cup 27th Jan SS1 19:45GMT
      Reply #1: Jan 26, 2015 07:49:08 pm
      We'll beat the cnuts

Balotelli to win it
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #2: Jan 26, 2015 08:08:33 pm
                                        Mignolet
                               Can     Skrtel    Sakho
                     Manquillo  Henderson Lucas  Moreno
                                   Gerrard  Coutinho
                                        Sterling

Ward; Johnson, Lovren; Allen, Lallana; Borini, Sturridge
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3: Jan 26, 2015 08:42:17 pm
      Can't wait for this one and I think it'll be a great cup tie and a game we will remember.

I'm pretty confident of a win even though they have a great home record but I think if we go at them we can win it in normal time. Not sure if I'm just overly optimistic but I just cannot see us not reaching the final.

I think we should be at them from the start and pressing high which is the reason I've went for the side below and for me it's the best side we have right now until Danny gets back.

Mignolet

Can  Skrtel  Sakho

Markovic  Lucas  Henderson  Moreno

Lallana  Sterling  Coutinho
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #4: Jan 26, 2015 09:08:16 pm
      I won't be able to watch this one as I'll be traveling for work tomorrow, hopefully get home to a good scoreline and a final at Wembley!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #5: Jan 26, 2015 09:13:46 pm
      Can't wait for this one and I think it'll be a great cup tie and a game we will remember.

I'm pretty confident of a win even though they have a great home record but I think if we go at them we can win it in normal time. Not sure if I'm just overly optimistic but I just cannot see us not reaching the final.

I think we should be at them from the start and pressing high which is the reason I've went for the side below and for me it's the best side we have right now until Danny gets back.

Mignolet

Can  Skrtel  Sakho

I think Maureen will put out a side to stifle us and play on the counter. I expect Schurrle, Salah, and Remy to spearhead their attack. Everyone else will be tasked with defending their current advantage (through on away goals).

We should still be able to win it though as I doubt any of Hazard, Costa, Willian, Oscar, Fabregas, Matic, or Terry will feature. They will all be rested for the clash against City at the weekend.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #6: Jan 26, 2015 09:20:28 pm
      I think Maureen will put out a side to stifle us and play on the counter. I expect Schurrle, Salah, and Remy to spearhead their attack. Everyone else will be tasked with defending their current advantage (through on away goals).

We should still be able to win it though as I doubt any of Hazard, Costa, Willian, Oscar, Fabregas, Matic, or Terry will feature. They will all be rested for the clash against City at the weekend.

Sorry, but I have to doubt this, although they will have an eye on the game against City, I can't see them resting this many for a game that could put them in the final. If they were to drop any I'd imagine possibly Costa for Drogba/Remy and Oscar/Fabregas for Ramires or Mikel

harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #7: Jan 26, 2015 09:27:41 pm
      Sorry, but I have to doubt this, although they will have an eye on the game against City, I can't see them resting this many for a game that could put them in the final. If they were to drop any I'd imagine possibly Costa for Drogba/Remy and Oscar/Fabregas for Ramires or Mikel

You may be right, but I think it'll be mostly a 2nd string side (which is still a pretty strong team). My guess is:

Courtois
      Asp - Ivanovic - Cahill - Luis
      Ramirez - Matic - Mikel
      Salah - Remy - Schurrle
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Jan 26, 2015 09:32:10 pm
      I'm expecting a full-strength, highly motivated Chelsea side looking for some revenge after Saturday's embarrassment at home to Bradford. This won't be an easy at all, especially with a cup final place on the line.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Jan 26, 2015 09:42:12 pm
      I'm expecting a full-strength, highly motivated Chelsea side looking for some revenge after Saturday's embarrassment at home to Bradford. This won't be an easy at all, especially with a cup final place on the line.

I second this.

It's gonna be a very difficult game to win and we really need to be at our absolute best and to have a bit of luck too.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #10: Jan 26, 2015 09:51:52 pm
      We have to score. If they score we still have to score. If they score 2 we have to score 2 etc. With City for them on the weekend I'd be surprised if they went for it. I think they will work on a manage the game type scenario. Keep passing so we don't have it and get a goal when necessary. My bet is extra time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #11: Jan 26, 2015 09:55:46 pm
      Has the Anfield mole not leaked the team yet?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Jan 26, 2015 10:10:09 pm
      Won't be easy but for some reason I fancy us to win this.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #13: Jan 26, 2015 10:43:47 pm
      Like BR said "It's a different game".This is going to be a much tougher game than it was at Anfield.They are gonna fire at us from all guns and its gonna be to us to fire back.It is going to be a really tough task to win that game without a real striker.Im hoping our defence will work good on that game,also the winger.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Jan 26, 2015 11:13:10 pm
      Going to tw*t the chavvy cu*ts.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2015 11:17:29 pm
      Lot of people were saying last week that Chelsea would rest players for the second leg and I disagreed then and even more so now when you look at their result at the weekend. They will be bang up for it so we will have to be on top of our game tomorrow to have a chance.

Mignolet

Can  Skrtel  Sakho

Perfect team for me too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2015 11:25:56 pm
      Lot of people were saying last week that Chelsea would rest players for the second leg and I disagreed then and even more so now when you look at their result at the weekend. They will be bang up for it so we will have to be on top of our game tomorrow to have a chance.

Perfect team for me too.

I agree they will be right up for this one and I expect a full strength side from them but like I said I think the best chance we have is to go at them and play a high tempo game from the start.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2015 11:49:57 pm
      Bring it on. They will name a full strength squad however will still be looking to stifle us - Mourinho has used the same tactic everytime he has faced free flowing football. This is what dreams are made of.

Sturridge to score in a 10 minute cameo to send us to Wembley.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #18: Jan 27, 2015 12:26:17 am
      Sorry to be pessimistic but I think we will lose 2-0 this one.

They will be back to full strength but loss in FA Cup means they would want this badly.

I hope I am 100% wrong on this one and will eat the proverbial hat if we win.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2015 10:05:53 am by RobieSlick »
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #19: Jan 27, 2015 12:26:47 am
                                        Mignolet
                               Can     Skrtel    Sakho
                     Manquillo  Henderson Lucas  Moreno
                                   Gerrard  Coutinho
                                        Sterling

Ward; Johnson, Lovren; Allen, Lallana; Borini, Sturridge
      Markovič and Johnson instead of Manquillo and Moreno and thats the team I expect from Rodgers.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #20: Jan 27, 2015 12:44:26 am
      Our defence needs to hold strong and hope that Raheem and Coutinho's link up play will cause Terry and Cahill problems like it did at Anfield. Would love to see Sturridge on the bench even if it's just for the fear factor.

I will be doing my part as one of of the travelling Kop at Plastic Bridge...cant wait!
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #21: Jan 27, 2015 01:53:27 am

I just don't see it.  The League Cup surely ranks at the very bottom of Mou's priority list, while the Prem title and Champs League rank at the very top.  If they beat City on Saturday, then they basically have 1 hand on the Prem title.... but if they lose then its still anyone's to win.  I'm pretty sure that Mou will save his best players for the competition that he wants more, but we'll know for sure tomorrow....
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #22: Jan 27, 2015 03:18:22 am
      You may be right, but I think it'll be mostly a 2nd string side (which is still a pretty strong team). My guess is:

Courtois
      Asp - Ivanovic - Cahill - Luis
      Ramirez - Matic - Mikel
      Salah - Remy - Schurrle

Schurrle is heading to Wolfsburg, and there is no way Salah, Remy and Mikel are starting this after the so-called 'disgusting' performance. Maureen herself as said that they are one game away from a final. Expect a full-strength side.

Courtois; Azpi, Ivanovic, Terry, Luis; Matic, Cesc; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Costa

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11371055/Chelsea-v-Liverpool-Jose-Mourinho-recalls-big-guns-despite-looming-clash-with-Manchester-City.html

They would probably go 'bang' from the start, look to score a couple of goals and then bring on the substitutes
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2015 03:37:34 am by Vicks86 »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2015 04:41:40 am
      I hope he does go with his best team that way when we knock them out there can be no excuses about them not fielding their best team.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24: Jan 27, 2015 05:18:48 am
      I can see this going to extract time. Sturridge to come on to Nick the winner.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2015 05:22:37 am
      Originally I predicted a 2-1 win at Anfield and A 2-2 draw at the Bridge, with a 2-2 draw tonight we still go through so sticking to by guns.
      Sturridge to score in a 10 minute cameo to send us to Wembley.

and like Benito said, this would be nice !
      Can't wait for this, COYR!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Jan 27, 2015 06:43:16 am
      Don't think he will even be on the bench mate.
      Dare to dream!  :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Jan 27, 2015 07:33:12 am
      I recall playing Chelsea in the semi final of the F.A.Cup back in 1965,Tommy Docherty was the Chelsea manager and he said if Liverpool beat Chelsea it would be the biggest miracle of the century. Well guess what that Saturday afternoon we witnessed a miracle. Now this is a different semi final and I expect the result to be the same a fantastic win for the REDS and Mourinho put in his place just like Tommy Docherty was in 1965.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2015 08:18:32 am
      I recall playing Chelsea in the semi final of the F.A.Cup back in 1965,Tommy Docherty was the Chelsea manager and he said if Liverpool beat Chelsea it would be the biggest miracle of the century. Well guess what that Saturday afternoon we witnessed a miracle. Now this is a different semi final and I expect the result to be the same a fantastic win for the REDS and Mourinho put in his place just like Tommy Docherty was in 1965.

Well it is the 50th anniversary after all so definitely worth celebrating with a repeat performance!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #29: Jan 27, 2015 09:11:15 am
      Looking forward to watching this, think it will be a great game. Hopefully as open as the first leg in terms of play, as it was a joy to watch.

Going for a 2-1 to us.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #30: Jan 27, 2015 09:29:44 am
      skip the 120minutes of football and go straight to pens...

we win 5-4...

i have a feeling we'll win on pens

liamos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 27, 2015 09:31:58 am
      I just don't see it.  The League Cup surely ranks at the very bottom of Mou's priority list, while the Prem title and Champs League rank at the very top.  If they beat City on Saturday, then they basically have 1 hand on the Prem title.... but if they lose then its still anyone's to win.  I'm pretty sure that Mou will save his best players for the competition that he wants more, but we'll know for sure tomorrow....

Chelsea will without doubt have their strongest team out.  It won't be easy but I think playing away from home might work to our advantage. After all, with the away goals, all we need is a high scoring draw to go through.

2 - 2 anybody?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: Jan 27, 2015 09:59:11 am
      Leaked team is same 11 as the 1st leg, if true I'm happy with that.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #33: Jan 27, 2015 10:47:57 am
      Leaked team is same 11 as the 1st leg, if true I'm happy with that.

me too... be well chuffed with the same performance too
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #34: Jan 27, 2015 11:31:23 am
      Very difficult game ahead, against the Chavs, but if they play as well as the 1st leg, there's a chance, it would be great for the players and supporters. Need to score a goal or two though, as the Chavs already have an away goal.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #35: Jan 27, 2015 12:07:16 pm
      Tough game, going to be a full strength Chelsea team.

Not too worried about the away goal, think we have what it takes to get on the scoresheet ourselves, more worried about us keeping them out. Hoping Lucas plays a blinder and Henderson winds up Costa enough to get him sent off.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #36: Jan 27, 2015 12:23:13 pm
      Expecting their players, and manager, to influence the ref as much as possible and basically cheat their way to a win.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #37: Jan 27, 2015 12:46:52 pm
      Sometimes I just hope BR doesn't talk too much, either over praising the opposition or himself. Just concentrate on the game. Starting with more time spend on the training ground on our accuracy of shooting.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #38: Jan 27, 2015 12:52:27 pm
      Sometimes I just hope BR doesn't talk too much, either over praising the opposition or himself. Just concentrate on the game. Starting with more time spend on the training ground on our accuracy of shooting.
      Yep, 5 minutes more in front of the camera is really going to cut into our training time. That Rodgers really talks too much.  :roll:
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #39: Jan 27, 2015 12:56:00 pm
      Yep, 5 minutes more in front of the camera is really going to cut into our training time. That Rodgers really talks too much.  :roll:

5 mins is one thing, but by talking too much he's revealing too much to the opposition, moreso dealing with that sly fox from the bridge.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #40: Jan 27, 2015 12:58:25 pm
      I'm an idiot.

Only just realised that the game is tonight and not tomorrow night so I'll not see it! Thought if it was Tuesday last week its Wednesday this week.

F**k.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #41: Jan 27, 2015 12:59:06 pm
      5 mins is one thing, but by talking too much he's revealing too much to the opposition, moreso dealing with that sly fox from the bridge.

Sorry mate. Don't buy it. He's not revealing shitall in his pressers that anyone who has watched us play for half an hour doesn't already know. It's just a mix of keeping the media onside and mind games.

As for the training bit, its also pretty clear that Rodgers is someone who holds training as one the key parts of being at Liverpool so I have no worries there. Finishing is one of the hardest things to learn through training.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #42: Jan 27, 2015 01:10:11 pm
      1-1

We win on pens
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #43: Jan 27, 2015 01:11:35 pm
      Come on Reds, we can do this. We love you Liverpool, we do... I'm excited and scare too!!! YNWA kopites.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #44: Jan 27, 2015 01:43:24 pm
      Come on Liverpool!

tw*t these pretenders and march on Wembley again!
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2015 02:01:53 pm
      Markovič and Johnson instead of Manquillo and Moreno and thats the team I expect from Rodgers.

Sorry I actually meant to put Markovic over Manquillo, no idea why I made that mistake. Also could perhaps see Johnson starting over Moreno, but on the right and put Markovic on the left
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #46: Jan 27, 2015 02:04:16 pm
      Expecting their players, and manager, to influence the ref as much as possible and basically cheat their way to a win.

This is a real possibility
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #47: Jan 27, 2015 02:07:31 pm
      come on reds!

Lets win this.

YNWA

:scarf: :oranje: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #48: Jan 27, 2015 02:08:51 pm
      Anyone know about the away goals rule? Sure last time in a League Cup semi it only counted after Extra time and not 90 mins?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #49: Jan 27, 2015 02:12:02 pm
      Anyone know about the away goals rule? Sure last time in a League Cup semi it only counted after Extra time and not 90 mins?

I think that's right.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2015 02:20:07 pm

Mignolet

Can  Skrtel  Sakho

Is Sturridge not fit then?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #51: Jan 27, 2015 02:22:03 pm

How does it work? if it's 1-1 normal time and we go into extra time, the away goal is activated and if it stays 1-1, we'll win (due to away goals) and no pens?
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #52: Jan 27, 2015 02:23:58 pm
      How does it work? if it's 1-1 normal time and we go into extra time, the away goal is activated and if it stays 1-1, we'll win (due to away goals) and no pens?

Nope, because they have 1 away goal also. If its a draw after 90 mins it goes to extra time no matter what. Then at the end of extra time if its 0-0 they win on away goals, 1-1 we go to pens, 2-2 or higher then we win on away goals
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #53: Jan 27, 2015 02:24:34 pm

If it is 0-0 we go into extra time and after extra time they win. If it is 1-1, we both have the same number of away goals and after extra time we go to pens. If it is 2-2 it goes to extra time and after extra time we win due to having 2 away goals.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #54: Jan 27, 2015 02:54:12 pm
      Nope, because they have 1 away goal also. If its a draw after 90 mins it goes to extra time no matter what. Then at the end of extra time if its 0-0 they win on away goals, 1-1 we go to pens, 2-2 or higher then we win on away goals

If it is 0-0 we go into extra time and after extra time they win. If it is 1-1, we both have the same number of away goals and after extra time we go to pens. If it is 2-2 it goes to extra time and after extra time we win due to having 2 away goals.

Oh yeah, I forgot, we drew 1-1, sorry! thought it was 0-0 at home :D

I got it, thanks!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #55: Jan 27, 2015 03:20:48 pm
      Just tw*t these cu*ts, pleeeeease!

Really hoping Stevie bags a goal or 7. His scoring record Chelsea is pretty abysmal, surprisingly. Today would be a perfect day to put a dent in that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #56: Jan 27, 2015 03:24:43 pm

Pretty sure he isn't ready to start.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #57: Jan 27, 2015 03:48:46 pm
      Pretty sure he isn't ready to start.

is he on the bench?
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #58: Jan 27, 2015 04:00:01 pm
      Mignolet

Emre Can
      Skrtel
      Sakho

Markovic
      Henderson
      Lucas
      Moreno

Gerrard (c)
      Coutinho

Sterling

Subs: Ward; Johnson, Lovren; Allen; Lallana; Balotelli, Borini.

1-2 to us, Costa for them, Gerrard and Skrtel for us :)

YNWA!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #59: Jan 27, 2015 04:02:23 pm
      Awaiting our 1st kid tomo  ;D ;D

hope this turns out into a double celebration  :scarf:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: Jan 27, 2015 04:04:04 pm
      Awaiting our 1st kid tomo  ;D ;D

hope this turns out into a double celebration  :scarf:

Congrats for tomorrow :D I'm awaiting mine in 4 months time :)

Boy or girl?!
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #61: Jan 27, 2015 04:27:11 pm
      would love a trip to wembley
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #62: Jan 27, 2015 04:36:51 pm
      Congrats for tomorrow :D I'm awaiting mine in 4 months time :)

Boy or girl?!

We've decided to wait.. just for the thrill!  8)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #63: Jan 27, 2015 04:41:30 pm
      It would be really great to see the "Special one" k'od out of two competitions in the space of a few days. Now that would really be worth celebrating. Especially in front of their plastic fans.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #64: Jan 27, 2015 04:50:44 pm
      1-1 then mario to come off the bench in extra time score the winner rip his shirt off whith "why always me" tattooed on his chest in Red ink, run over bench press mourinho and do the Sturridge dance.

but in reality a tight nevous game with one team nicking it 1 nil
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #65: Jan 27, 2015 05:03:15 pm
      I'll be astounded if Maureen does not field a full fit X1, irrespective of last weekends disgrace,

Both clubs are one step away from playing under the arch so I would doubt he would jeapordise the chance of some tin,

However, I think he'll play a stifling game knowing if we were to score he'd be in deep sh*t,

On paper they can do us over of I'm honest, but we don't play on paper, same X1 as last week for me, Brendan changed it at the weekend but didn't quite work out, get back to normal and watch how comfortable we look, better balanced, more solid defensively and very competitive around the middle third,

Went for a 1-1 at home and a 1-2 away victory for the Mighty Reds, I see no reason to change it,
      Tough times ahead for sure, but come thru this and I think it could be the catalyst to our season, no disrespect to the other two, but essentially whoever wins tonight (us) will be buying the brasso.

C'mon Redmen

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #66: Jan 27, 2015 05:35:02 pm
      Will be a very tough game as we all know but the performance at home gave great confidence to not only us, but I believe to the players too.

I'd certainly make them the favourites at home but we're not without a squeak and as someone mentioned above, to put Chelsea out of 2 cup competitions on the back of a 'disgraceful' performance should just add fuel the motivational fires.

Let's book our spot and knock these Chav cu*ts well and truly out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #67: Jan 27, 2015 05:37:51 pm
      Isolate and bypass Matic, and we win this.
      Coutinho and Sterling will have a big part to play in that, as well as Gerrard.

I was also very impressed last match with BR pushing Moreno right up to negate ivanovic.
      As a result, Willian was isolated and saw nothing of the ball.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #68: Jan 27, 2015 05:52:29 pm
      Part two....

Vitally important we get an early goal, run at them from the off, don't let them settle on the ball, we can do this if we put our minds to it, but we need everyone to be right at the top of their game.

Excited but mega nervous at the same time.....gone for a 2-2 draw  ;D

Come on the mighty REDS !!!!!!!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #69: Jan 27, 2015 05:54:18 pm
      Part two....

Vitally important we get an early goal, run at them from the off, don't let them settle on the ball, we can do this if we put our minds to it, but we need everyone to be right at the top of their game.

Excited but mega nervous at the same time.....gone for a 2-2 draw  ;D

Come on the mighty REDS !!!!!!!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:

That would put us through on away goals, but only after extra time, I think?

Unless I'm having yet another senior moment.

The nerves are starting now.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #70: Jan 27, 2015 05:59:36 pm
      That would put us through on away goals, but only after extra time, I think?

Unless I'm having yet another senior moment.

The nerves are starting now.

I think if it's 2-2 at the end of normal time, we'll go through having scored one more goal than them over the two legs? two away goals as against one for them... I'm hoping.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #71: Jan 27, 2015 06:02:26 pm
      Gonna go for 2-1 for us, really nervous though! Expecting a strong line up from them, but if we play as we did last game, we could very well win!
      Aspi
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #72: Jan 27, 2015 06:02:26 pm
      I think if it's 2-2 at the end of normal time, we'll go through having scored one more goal than them over the two legs? two away goals as against one for them... I'm hoping.

Away goals only count after Extra time I think tonight
      MsGerrard
      Reply #73: Jan 27, 2015 06:02:52 pm

Sort him out Jordan  ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #74: Jan 27, 2015 06:03:35 pm
      Just found out my days work has been cancelled so instead of getting up at 4am I'll be waking up hours later with a hangover. ;D

Please make my hangover easier to live with eh lads?

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #75: Jan 27, 2015 06:04:08 pm

Away goals only count after Extra time I think tonight

Thankyou Aspi  :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #76: Jan 27, 2015 06:04:34 pm
      We win on peons I'd say

Best of luck to the boss and the boys
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #77: Jan 27, 2015 06:09:49 pm
      We win on peons I'd say

Best of luck to the boss and the boys

Great typo :D

unskilled worker, 1826, from Mexican Spanish peon "agricultural laborer" (especially a debtor held in servitude by his creditor), from Spanish peon "day laborer," also "pedestrian," originally "foot soldier," from Medieval Latin pedonem "foot soldier"
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #78: Jan 27, 2015 06:28:33 pm
      Let's do this.

3-1 to the Reds
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #79: Jan 27, 2015 06:31:14 pm
      I'm an idiot.

Only just realised that the game is tonight and not tomorrow night so I'll not see it! Thought if it was Tuesday last week its Wednesday this week.

F**k.

That's only for the Champions League,a bit of wishful thinking? :f_tongueincheek:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #80: Jan 27, 2015 06:38:06 pm
      The echo says its the same team as  the 1st leg
       and sturridge not even on the bench, Balo is

Come on reds

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #81: Jan 27, 2015 06:38:10 pm
      Starting 11: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Allen, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #82: Jan 27, 2015 06:39:45 pm

Quick Reply