Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      39 (36.4%)
      Emre Can
      5 (4.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (10.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.9%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (16.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      22 (20.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (1.9%)
      Mario Balotelli
      4 (3.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Jan 31, 2015 10:22:16 pm

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool (2-1 agg): In game and Post Match goalhunt

Read 50909 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Re: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool (2-1 agg): In game and Post Match goalhunt
      Reply #782: Jan 28, 2015 10:30:57 pm
      All the talk about Balo fitting in nicely with fudge. Who are the two getting dropped from he starting 11 to accommodate both of them ?
      Massively unbalanced team again methinks .

Let's be honest even with Sturridge back Balo still does not fit into the system.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #783: Jan 28, 2015 10:46:56 pm
      Watched the game last night when I got home from work.

F**k me, we should have smashed those F***ing cu*ts.

Costa is a dirty F***ing cheat as is his Manager.

Both keeps had crackers

Was really disappointed in Raheem not laying off that ball in the first 15 mins to Stevie running in, unmarked on goal.

Raheem passes that, Stevie sticks it in the neck and shuts those blue cu*ts up singing that F***ing song!!!!

Why didnt you F***ing pass it Raheem????
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #784: Jan 28, 2015 10:53:13 pm
      Let's be honest even with Sturridge back Balo still does not fit into the system.

Just got to hope (and pray) that Balotelli  does not drag Sturridge down to his level. We still need to bring someone in to play and score goals alongside Danny Boy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #785: Jan 28, 2015 10:55:53 pm

Didn't catch that mate, when and where did you see them not fit the system?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #786: Jan 28, 2015 11:01:49 pm
      Forgot to add.....why the F**k didn't Brendan get Lallana on? Seriously that game was calling out for his quality.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #787: Jan 28, 2015 11:50:38 pm
      All the talk about Balo fitting in nicely with fudge. Who are the two getting dropped from he starting 11 to accommodate both of them ?
      Massively unbalanced team again methinks .

No one has to be dropped, it's horses for courses. Having them as a working partnership provides Brendan with more options than he has available now. If he takes off Markovic or Sterling or Coutinho or Lallana for one of each other, it's just like-for-like substitutions and changes nothing. If he starts with one of them and takes them off and brings Mario on it changes the shape of the team completely and thus the dynamic of the game.

In other news, don't know if it's been posted all ready but Costa's been charged by the FA. Hopefully the dirty b***ard will get a three match ban. He's only been charged with the first offence though, apparently Oliver thinks the second one was an accident.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1975 
      Reply #788: Jan 29, 2015 10:00:39 am
      Clearly. Another well constructed reply.

This is what you said:-

''Rodgers getting the team or substitutions wrong...Why am I not surprised?

Really thought we were going to snatch the win tonight but the two things listed above proved to cost us once more.''

The team was the right team. He picked the same 11 from the first leg, and rightly so, and again we were the better team in the second leg.

You could argue his substitutions were wrong but it's people like you who contradict yourself. Had Rodgers brought Lallana on and he did F**k all and we still went out the cup, then you would be posting on here why hasn't he brought Balotelli or Lambert on who are paid to score goals.

We needed to score and Rodgers brought on two forwards. It didn't work but F***ing hell he tried to mix things up and go for a plan B. It didn't work this time but at least he tried.

Tell me, what would Lallana had done that would have been so special? Because he too has been sh*te this season as well as Lambert & Balotelli. If Markovic and Coutinho were unable to get past Chelseas back four or Courtois then I doubt F***ing Lallana would.

I'm happy Brendan changed the system and put two up top because it showed he was trying something different. It didn't work, but I would have been pissed off had he brought Lallana on, kept the same system, and we went out anyway.

I guess we'll never know. It's easier to criticise BR now though isn't it? If Balo and Lambert both netted and we won 2-1 you would be singing his praises saying what a great decision it was.

You wouldn't be sitting here talking sh*t and crying that he didn't bring Lallana on.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #789: Jan 29, 2015 10:30:55 am
      Gerrard hitting the post and Can's bad tackle in the first leg, won it for them. We played superb in both legs, very happy with the team - however If I was a Chelsea fan I doubt I would be happy with the way they continue to play, despite having Hazard, Fabregas, in their team.
      He is a winner, but only in a certain way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #790: Jan 29, 2015 10:47:22 am
      Gerrard hitting the post and Can's bad tackle in the first leg, won it for them. We played superb in both legs, very happy with the team - however If I was a Chelsea fan I doubt I would be happy with the way they continue to play, despite having Hazard, Fabregas, in their team.
      He is a winner, but only in a certain way.

They are winners, but only in a certain way.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #791: Jan 29, 2015 12:09:47 pm
      This is what you said:-

''Rodgers getting the team or substitutions wrong...Why am I not surprised?

Really thought we were going to snatch the win tonight but the two things listed above proved to cost us once more.''

Actually what I said was this;

We need Sturridge back because not having a goal scorer is costing us!!

Rodgers getting the team or substitutions wrong...Why am I not surprised?

Really thought we were going to snatch the win tonight but the two things listed above proved to cost us once more.

Funny how you missed the bit I have put in bold out though.

Yes two things I listed; no goal scorer and getting either the line up or subs wrong you tool.

I will break it down for you though. Point one in the list being no goal scorer. Point two in the list getting a decision wrong.

But nice try on trying to twist what I said.

The team was the right team. He picked the same 11 from the first leg, and rightly so, and again we were the better team in the second leg.

You could argue his substitutions were wrong but it's people like you who contradict yourself. Had Rodgers brought Lallana on and he did f**k all and we still went out the cup, then you would be posting on here why hasn't he brought Balotelli or Lambert on who are paid to score goals.

We needed to score and Rodgers brought on two forwards. It didn't work but f**king hell he tried to mix things up and go for a plan B. It didn't work this time but at least he tried.

Yep, clearly contradicting myself...

No, I wouldn't have complained about Balotelli or Lambert not going on, I'd have still questioned why Lallana wasn't.

Again, nice try.

Tell me, what would Lallana had done that would have been so special? Because he too has been sh*te this season as well as Lambert & Balotelli. If Markovic and Coutinho were unable to get past Chelseas back four or Courtois then I doubt f**king Lallana would.

Well seeing as he has scored more goals than them so far it would suggest he'd have done something more "special" than them two.

So if Markovic or Coutinho can't then don't try a similar sort of player who has more goals than our strikers this season. Genius.

I'm happy Brendan changed the system and put two up top because it showed he was trying something different. It didn't work, but I would have been pissed off had he brought Lallana on, kept the same system, and we went out anyway.

Yeah changed the system to hamper other players to accommodate Gerrard staying on the pitch and playing two strikers that are of next to no threat at all. But you're happy with that. Okay.

I guess we'll never know. It's easier to criticise BR now though isn't it? If Balo and Lambert both netted and we won 2-1 you would be singing his praises saying what a great decision it was.

You wouldn't be sitting here talking sh*t and crying that he didn't bring Lallana on.

Now who is contradicting themselves.

You said you wouldn't have been happy if Lallana had came on and the system stayed the same but yet had that happened and he scored then you wouldn't have been complaining about the system not being changed.

The only one talking sh*t, getting in a twist and getting things wrong is you.

Clearly wasn't blessed with common sense at birth.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2015 05:57:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #792: Jan 29, 2015 01:41:09 pm
      games over now lets all put this to bed and move on, we've not had a goalscorer all season hence the postition we are in. thats all going to change now that Danny boy is back  ;D
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #793: Jan 29, 2015 01:56:04 pm
      games over now lets all put this to bed and move on, we've not had a goalscorer all season hence the postition we are in. thats all going to change now that Danny boy is back  ;D

pretty much agree... end thread!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #794: Jan 29, 2015 01:57:13 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #795: Jan 29, 2015 04:32:19 pm
      Felt p***ed off after Tuesday's defeat to Chelski, Hope the spuds smash them at Wembley. I think it is worse losing in the semi final, only one step away from another final at Wembley.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #796: Jan 29, 2015 04:45:06 pm
      Chelsea are preparing to appeal after the FA charged Costa with violent conduct after an alleged stamp on Emre Can.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/article4337804.ece

Wouldn't expect anything else off the cu*ts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #797: Jan 29, 2015 04:47:22 pm
      Chelsea are preparing to appeal after the FA charged Costa with violent conduct after an alleged stamp on Emre Can.

At least they appeal decisions against their star striker........
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #798: Jan 29, 2015 08:04:39 pm

Good! Then the FA can increase his ban!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #799: Jan 30, 2015 05:08:54 am

Twitter is the most incomprehensible mess, didn't understand any of what the text was supposed to be.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #800: Jan 30, 2015 10:33:15 am
      Only so he plays against City tomorrow.

Decision will be made today. He will still be banned for three games including the City game. If he is let off then there needs to he a corruption investigation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #801: Jan 30, 2015 12:08:17 pm
      Twitter is the most incomprehensible mess, didn't understand any of what the text was supposed to be.

It's not twitter, it's Instagram and it's basically the Beast telling Costa he better check himself before he wrecks himself. ;)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #802: Jan 30, 2015 01:18:11 pm
      Proud of the lads, we gave it our all and we came so close. The overall spirit of the group was proved and we've hit that level where we can compete with teams like Chelsea, so hopefully we can use this as a spring board to push on with our Premier League and European challenge.

However I really didn't understand Rodgers' substitutes, I didn't see why Balotelli returned to the team, in this game of all games. And expectedly, he did not impress or look threaten. Or even work at all. Our second one Lambert was a surprise too, as he didn't even offer us anything. The Johnson one was forced because of injury.

The biggest surprise and his subs was not taking Gerrard off. I understand Rodgers does not have the bolloks to do that, but Gerrard was fu**ed after 90 minutes, he was probably fu**ed after 70 minutes. Lallana was fresh and that was the obvious sub to make, espeically as it allowed Henderson to stay centrally.

But even with the right subs, the same result may have occurred.

Proud of the lads either way, and I hope we take this onboard and learn for the future. We just need to make less mistakes defensively and be a little more clinical, and we'll be in good shape.

Mignolet was absolutely amazing and that save against Costa was the best save I've seen him too. The whole pub screamed when he made that save. Screamed in disbelief. If he can keep up that level, he will become a quality goalkeeper.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #803: Jan 30, 2015 01:46:46 pm
      Only so he plays against City tomorrow.

Thats what I thought too
       but The FA rejected his appeal and will serve the 3 match ban  starting from tomorrow,thec*nt

YNWA
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #804: Jan 31, 2015 03:23:20 pm
      This is taken from Forzaitalianfootball:

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/08/mario-balotelli-at-ac-milan-hype-vs-reality/

If you were take away those goals from dead-ball situations, Balotelli scored only 15 goals from open-play in 54 games. Those statistics do not look as impressive for someone who played as the main centre-forward for one of Italy’s biggest clubs.[/i]"

CONCLUSION: He is a myth of a striker

15 goals in open play. That is 3 goals more than Suarez in his first season at Anfield.

Ronaldo won the golden boot over Torres. Half of Ronaldo's 38 goals were free kicks and penalties. Nobody cared that all of Torres' 32 goals were form open play.

That article is rubbish.

Quick Reply