Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

James Milner (Manchester City) - SIGNED by LFC

Read 21856 times
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Re: James Milner (Man City)
      Reply #253: Jun 02, 2015 11:01:31 pm
      milner 'rejects 170k a week at city' to accept lower wage to play for liverpool  :lmao:

what a pile of fruitloop that is,.....any other city player this doesn't happen.

typical us overspending, if not on the transfer fee then player wages on mediocrity
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #254: Jun 02, 2015 11:19:31 pm
      milner 'rejects 170k a week at city' to accept lower wage to play for liverpool  :lmao:

what a pile of fruitloop that is,.....any other city player this doesn't happen.

typical us overspending, if not on the transfer fee then player wages on mediocrity

1. He wants to play more, 2. He wants to play centre mid rather than out wide, 3. He's getting a bigggg signing on fee for joining us

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 529 
      Reply #255: Jun 02, 2015 11:29:30 pm
      Good player, will improve us and I would be very happy to see him come.

Just a thought on the wages though. Posters were literally soiling themselves in anger at the thought of Raheem demanding or being paid anything close to the 150k reported for Milner and yet it seems to be an acceptable wage for Milner? Just seems a bit strange to me. And before anyone says Milner is a free transfer, the same technically applies/applied to Sterling.

it's bizarre to me because if you asked me would we get more out of Milner over the next four years compared to Raheem (if he stayed) I would vote overwhelmingly in Sterling's favour and yet Milner is seemingly ok for the wages and Sterling is a cheeky little fecker for suggesting it.

Fair point.
      I'm surprised the wages being quoted for Milner tbh, although i do rate him.

This new TV deal seems to have cranked players wages up to yet another level. Maybe we should have offered Sterling more.
      What has sickened me with him though is the way he went about it, undermining us at a key moment of the season. Its not just the amount of money that he wants that makes him greedy, its what he's done to try and get it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #256: Jun 02, 2015 11:34:33 pm
      Good player, will improve us and I would be very happy to see him come.

Just a thought on the wages though. Posters were literally soiling themselves in anger at the thought of Raheem demanding or being paid anything close to the 150k reported for Milner and yet it seems to be an acceptable wage for Milner? Just seems a bit strange to me. And before anyone says Milner is a free transfer, the same technically applies/applied to Sterling.

it's bizarre to me because if you asked me would we get more out of Milner over the next four years compared to Raheem (if he stayed) I would vote overwhelmingly in Sterling's favour and yet Milner is seemingly ok for the wages and Sterling is a cheeky little fecker for suggesting it.

I don't think either of them should be on £150k a week. It's not far off what Suarez was on and he ripped sh*t up constantly, Milner is hardly top class and Sterling is only a kid who only signed a contract a year or so ago.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #257: Jun 03, 2015 12:01:58 am
      Good player to have in the squad, can play multiple positions and is a fighter.
      I can't see how 150k a week are going to help with the Raheem negotiations. Kovacic must be off the table too.
      Lets get this buttoned up and move onto the big targets.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #258: Jun 03, 2015 12:53:54 am
      Good player to have in the squad, can play multiple positions and is a fighter.
      I can't see how 150k a week are going to help with the Raheem negotiations. Kovacic must be off the table too.
      Lets get this buttoned up and move onto the big targets.

with him being a squad player and defiantly not a key man - yet commanding figures that would put him as possibly our highest earner it suggests that he is our 'marquee' signing and/or other players who we are looking at who consider themselves or are being seduced like a 'key/marquee' player for us will rub their hands together and ask for much more.

our ability to negotiate is shocking.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #259: Jun 03, 2015 07:30:10 am
      Not really. By all accounts he was offered more at City.

I agree.

I like the idea of Milner but not as captain.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #260: Jun 03, 2015 10:21:09 am
      Carra is happy with the milner deal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #261: Jun 03, 2015 01:11:15 pm

As long as we get the team playing around Coutinho, i don't care, but this looks exactly like how i want us to set up with Milner coming in.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #262: Jun 03, 2015 08:29:44 pm
      Carra is happy with the milner deal.

i wonder if he's part of the commitee
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #263: Jun 03, 2015 10:44:19 pm
      Will be an improvement on Can at Right Back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #264: Jun 04, 2015 12:11:16 am
      Will be an improvement on Can at Right Back.

How about we sign a decent right back and quit all this making do in certain areas of the pitch? Might be a start like.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #265: Jun 04, 2015 09:34:50 am
      Reports on sky sports day this is done now, subject to a medical
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #266: Jun 04, 2015 09:35:40 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #267: Jun 04, 2015 09:40:40 am
      http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33002472

Yep deal done, I think he will prove to be a good signing for us due to his professionalism, versatilty and work rate.

The issue I see here are his wages which now seem to be the highest at the club. I've not really got an issue with that but you can see players like Martin Skrtel are unhappy with their contract offers when he has given the club many years of service already.

That is how Gerrard became our highest earner and players respected that. Milner ia the type of guy though who may yet earn the respect of the squad around him.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #268: Jun 04, 2015 09:54:19 am
      Do you think Milner will earn that much? I mean, we never pay high salaries, how could BR suddenly decide to pay that much, Milner is a very good player but he is not a Lampard, Gerrard, Terry or Rooney(British players who are highly regarded).

I think hiss wages could be less here than at Man City. But I'm almost sure he won't earn more here, I hope I'm not wrong.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #269: Jun 04, 2015 09:58:17 am
      Like him as a player reminds me of Gerrard in the sense that he will grab some games by the scruff of the neck and drive team on, you need guys like that and we dont have many. What concerns me is we also need some World Class talent in there, I hope the club doesnt think James is the answer to our problems, great to have but we have more pressing issues
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #270: Jun 04, 2015 09:59:27 am
      Do you think Milner will earn that much? I mean, we never pay high salaries, how could BR suddenly decide to pay that much, Milner is a very good player but he is not a Lampard, Gerrard, Terry or Rooney(British players who are highly regarded).

I think hiss wages could be less here than at Man City. But I'm almost sure he won't earn more here, I hope I'm not wrong.

He will get Gerrards wages around £150k so no extra cost to the club.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #271: Jun 04, 2015 10:40:41 am

Quick Reply