Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30687 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #184: May 08, 2015 02:30:05 pm
      is this the guy that who hasn't scored for Burnely for 900 mins ?
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #185: May 08, 2015 02:35:16 pm
      Champions League here we come!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #186: May 08, 2015 02:43:01 pm
      If we don't sign 2 MORE strikers 'excluding' Ings and Origi, I (and probably many) would be seriously disappointed. Origi has been woeful since the world cup and a season's loan at a club like Swansea can only be good for him. We may hv to wait until Jan to see a hopefully fully-fit Sturridge.

God, I hate this "committee"! :f_steam:
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #187: May 08, 2015 02:50:15 pm
      So another horror story to go along side todays election results. What a sh*t day!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #188: May 08, 2015 02:53:42 pm
      The lad is on a free and he is only 22 years old, will just go into squad, freshen things up.

Don't have a problem with it myself, so long as we get that top striker we all know we need as well.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #189: May 08, 2015 03:02:15 pm
      The lad is on a free and he is only 22 years old, will just go into squad, freshen things up.

Don't have a problem with it myself, so long as we get that top striker we all know we need as well.

Borini would probably have done what Ings does for Burnley. Just can't see the point I'm afraid. No ambition once again.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #190: May 08, 2015 03:43:58 pm
      If we don't sign 2 MORE strikers 'excluding' Ings and Origi, I (and probably many) would be seriously disappointed. Origi has been woeful since the world cup and a season's loan at a club like Swansea can only be good for him. We may hv to wait until Jan to see a hopefully fully-fit Sturridge.

God, I hate this "committee"! :f_steam:

If we sign 1 top class striker in addition to Ings and Origi coming in then I'll be very happy. That will give us 2 top quality strikers (Studge + New), 1 good backup (Ings), and 1 youngster with potential (Origi). I'm just not sure who that top class striker could be.... The likes of Higuain and Cavani seem unlikely. I can't see us winning the race to sign Lacazette. I'd imagine we will end up signing someone like Jovetic or Dzeko. City will probably be in for another top ST this summer which should free up one of the aforementioned players to leave. I'd be happy enough with either one in all honesty. I think both are better players than they get credit for at City....

However, I doubt we will see any more forwards coming in until the likes of Balo, Borini, and Lambert have been shifted.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #191: May 08, 2015 04:13:00 pm
      I'd rather push Yesil on next Season than see Ings here. Why buy potential when we can develop our own potential? What is the F***ing point of the Academy if we keep buying youngsters?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #192: May 08, 2015 09:56:03 pm

Its that "sure hes cheap and worth a punt" attitude thats got us into this mess.

Simple question... would any of Chelsea, Arsenal or City have him in their 1st team. No, then neither should we. And we shouldnt be looking at his calibre for our 5th team either.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #193: May 08, 2015 09:59:03 pm
      I'd rather push Yesil on next Season than see Ings here. Why buy potential when we can develop our own potential? What is the F***ing point of the Academy if we keep buying youngsters?

With Sturridge's injury record, we could well see Ings and Yesil as our front 2 more than we'd like to think.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #194: May 08, 2015 10:03:02 pm
      With Sturridge's injury record, we could well see Ings and Yesil as our front 2 more than we'd like to think.

Seriously there is like 10 top leagues in football. 4 top teams in each league. 2 strikers at each of those. Come the F**k on... scouts: do what you are paid to do and go find the players who will make a facking difference.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #195: May 08, 2015 10:05:24 pm
      Simple question... would any of Chelsea, Arsenal or City have him in their 1st team. No, then neither should we. And we shouldnt be looking at his calibre for our 5th team either.

Don't be silly man, 5th string? Do we even have a 5th string? He's a much better back-up striker option than Lambert imo and can add to the squad in enough ways for us to want to snap him up.

Are people seriously saying you'd pass on him as a free and not sell Lambert. I bet he's on similar wages or less if anything. Looks like money in the bank and if the rumours are true we may need that. And we're a better player up to boot.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #196: May 08, 2015 10:08:42 pm
      Don't be silly man, 5th string? Do we even have a 5th string? He's a much better back-up striker option than Lambert imo and can add to the squad in enough ways for us to want to snap him up.

Are people seriously saying you'd pass on him as a free and not sell Lambert. I bet he's on similar wages or less if anything. Looks like money in the bank and if the rumours are true we may need that. And we're a better player up to boot.

Im seriously saying I would pass on him if he was free, or if they paid for us to take him.... BECAUSE that means we will not get another better striker. Origi, unproven. Studge, Injured. Suddenly Ings is numero uno and no different than Ballo or Lambert or Borini or NGOG for that matter. That free transfer has now cost us another CL position and 40+m. Learn from our mistakes.

Dramatic I know but fu**ed if it doesnt make sense in my head.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #197: May 08, 2015 10:12:47 pm
      Im seriously saying I would pass on him if he was free, or if they paid for us to take him.... BECAUSE that means we will not get another better striker. Origi, unproven. Studge, Injured. Suddenly Ings is numero uno and no different than Ballo or Lambert or Borini or NGOG for that matter. That free transfer has now cost us another CL position and 40+m. Learn from our mistakes.

Also the precedent and statement it sets. Big players wont sign if we sign small players... Shows no intent to challenge. No statement of intent with a signing like this. Again a signing like this has unquantifiable financial impacts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #198: May 08, 2015 10:39:43 pm

He will not be free as we still have to pay compensation to Burnley probably £4-5M which should go towards the Higuain, Lacazette etc fund.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: May 08, 2015 10:50:26 pm
      Personally think he's an upgrade on Borini and Lambert so I've no problem with him coming in as 4th in line to start but something tells me we have bigger plans for young Danny boy.

23 years of age do you sign anywhere that you're not going to play regularly? (will be 23 before the start of next season)

I'll tell you one thing though, we'll earn money on this deal that's for sure!! Gotta love that eh? What nobody?

Sturridge/Benteke/Ings/Lambert would people be happy going into the season with that as our striking options, I know I wouldn't.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #200: May 08, 2015 11:05:02 pm
      Personally think he's an upgrade on Borini and Lambert so I've no problem with him coming in as 4th in line to start but something tells me we have bigger plans for young Danny boy.

23 years of age do you sign anywhere that you're not going to play regularly? (will be 23 before the start of next season)

I'll tell you one thing though, we'll earn money on this deal that's for sure!! Gotta love that eh? What nobody?

Sturridge/Benteke/Ings/Lambert would people be happy going into the season with that as our striking options, I know I wouldn't.

I don't even know if Ings is an upgrade on Lambert or Borini, seriously. I really don't think he's any good :( Would rather give Canos or Sinclair the 3rd or 4th spot than waste transfer funds on Ings :(

This signing is only good for one thing, reselling for a small profit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #201: May 08, 2015 11:08:02 pm

No.

Even if you swap Lambert for Origi I still wouldn't be happy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #202: May 08, 2015 11:18:35 pm

He is not any better than Borini (who scored as many goals for Sunderland ) or Rickie but as you mention he is English and young. So yes the deal will be to sign him for a couple of years then sell him on to some relegation threatened team for £10-12M, pure business related deal and nothing to do with improving our first team!

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #203: May 08, 2015 11:36:24 pm

I'd never have him as our main striker, but him Origi, Sturridge and a big striker... Sounds good to me.

He will not be free as we still have to pay compensation to Burnley probably £4-5M which should go towards the Higuain, Lacazette etc fund.

As much as 5mill, surely not? I'd be a little less optimistic if that's the case =[
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #204: May 09, 2015 12:00:13 am
      I don't even know if Ings is an upgrade on Lambert or Borini, seriously. I really don't think he's any good :( Would rather give Canos or Sinclair the 3rd or 4th spot than waste transfer funds on Ings :(

This signing is only good for one thing, reselling for a small profit.

Small to potentially decent profit though, should he bang in a few goals he could go for £15m (young and English) the finacial risk low.

No.

Even if you swap Lambert for Origi I still wouldn't be happy.

Fair point Si, I forget Origi occasionally.

He is not any better than Borini (who scored as many goals for Sunderland ) or Rickie but as you mention he is English and young. So yes the deal will be to sign him for a couple of years then sell him on to some relegation threatened team for £10-12M, pure business related deal and nothing to do with improving our first team!

I haven't really watched him too many times, but to me he looks an upgrade on Borini, I get your point regarding the Sunderland goals though, it's a fair one.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #205: May 09, 2015 12:11:22 am
      Just would be another nothing signing IMO to match the "policy", who we will be looking to get rid of after a season. What's he done since the turn of the year? He's been crap. He had a good bit of form and it is almost a knee-jerk reaction from his good bit of form from around the first 1/4 of the season.

He isn't going to turn us into challengers.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #206: May 09, 2015 12:36:34 am
      May be a better bet than some of the sh!te we've got up there at the moment but I hardly think he's going to be banging them in for a title / CL  challenging side in the years to come. Just can't get excited about it at all.

Quick Reply