Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30369 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #460: Jun 05, 2015 03:54:32 pm
      BETTING SUSPENDED ON INGS FUTURE

Breaking news from the trading room now - Sky Bet have been forced to suspend betting on Danny Ings' future amid an alarming flow of bets on a move to Liverpool this summer.

The money was still rolling in at a price as short as 1/2 before the plug was pulled. Could Liverpool be on the verge of snapping up the 22-year-old Burnley striker?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #461: Jun 05, 2015 04:29:57 pm
      Absolutely no links to a top striker and no I don't include Benteke but we are getting another squad player.

Filling a few holes in the squad with free signings (Milner and Ings) who hopefully are players the manager actually wants makes sense. Gives us time to shift some of the players who don't have a future here, then spend all of our funds on a couple of top quality targets.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #462: Jun 05, 2015 04:34:58 pm
      I wonder if they are trying to get Ings signed and delivered so that they can go ahead and deal one (or all of) Balo, Lambert and Borini.

Likely they don't want to get stuck with any of those three after the music stops so they are getting in our 3rd or 4th choice replacement now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #463: Jun 05, 2015 04:44:17 pm
      Filling a few holes in the squad with free signings (Milner and Ings) who hopefully are players the manager actually wants makes sense. Gives us time to shift some of the players who don't have a future here, then spend all of our funds on a couple of top quality targets.

Milner I understand, but sorry Ings i can't get my head around unless it's a keep him for a couple of years hoping his values increases and sell.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #464: Jun 05, 2015 04:45:18 pm
      Milner I understand, but sorry Ings i can't get my head around unless it's a keep him for a couple of years hoping his values increases and sell.

If he's purely meant to be backup (3rd or 4th choice) it's really not a bad pickup is it?

I agree though...if he's being bought to pair with Sturridge then I think we have problems.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #465: Jun 05, 2015 04:46:26 pm
      If he's purely meant to be backup (3rd or 4th choice) it's really not a bad pickup is it?

I agree though...if he's being bought to pair with Sturridge then I think we have problems.

That's my worry mate!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #466: Jun 05, 2015 04:47:42 pm

I guess I'm too optimistic but surely he can't be being bought to be a first team player? I will only believe that when I see his name on the first team sheet. I firmly believe he's going to be on the subs bench and nothing more (unless of course he warrants more).
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #467: Jun 05, 2015 04:49:42 pm

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I dint think he's any better in terms of talent or quality than any of Borini, Balo, or Lambert. However, he may be a better fit for the way BR wants to have us play. If he is, then perhaps he will be a more productive option for us than any of the aforementioned trio. I think the others could score more goals if we catered the way we play to suit their talents. Hopefully Ings is meant to come straight in and fit with the way we already play....

The caveat to this is that he only be 3rd choice and we are still intent on signing a top quality striker to compete with Studge.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #468: Jun 05, 2015 04:59:08 pm
      Sometimes I actually think we might have been, to be honest. Aspas' playing style fits more in tune with the rest of the team and it would have been his second season in English football. Foreign players typically always do better the second time around.

I'm not sure how many goals he'd have gotten -- maybe 5? -- but in terms of a plain and simple fit, I'd rather have had Aspas than Balotelli, for example.

I totally agree, aspas had a really poor start but he should given a bit more time. I honestly believe that he would have turned a good striker. Not a great one but a very good one. I also think he would have done better then sterling upfront.

He just didn't get the chance to settle, sometime BR makes up his mind and then he will stick to it.  A lot of people here think that Markovic will turn good. I hope he does but if BR doesn't rate him then he will not get a chance doesn't matter what happens.

Same thing happened with assaidi, not saying he was a good player, but if you buy a player then give him a chance to settle and play.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #469: Jun 05, 2015 05:04:04 pm
      Looks as likely to happen as a Sturridge injury.

Rotation, competition, back up, whatever - he's ok for that. Any higher status and we're up a brown and smelly canal with no propelling device.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #470: Jun 05, 2015 06:27:52 pm
      Danny Ings to Liverpool: Reds may have to pay record £8m tribunal fee to secure free agent

Liverpool may have to pay as much as £8 million to sign Danny Ings despite the striker's Burnley contract expiring this summer, according to reports.

The Reds remain favourites to secure the services of the 22-year-old despite Tottenham lining up an eleventh-hour £12 million bid, and had hoped to bring Ings to Anfield for a compensation fee of around £4 million.

However, the Daily Mail reports that the striker, who scored 11 goals despite Burnley finishing 19th in the Premier League, could be subject to a record compensation payment of £8 million.

As Ings is under 24, Burnley are entitled to a development fee if he leaves the club when his contract runs out on June 30 and, if the clubs cannot agree a sum, the fee will be decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee. The previous highest valuation in such a move was afforded to current Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, whose move from Manchester City to Chelsea in 2010 eventually earned City £6.5m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/danny-ings-to-liverpool-reds-may-have-to-pay-record-8m-tribunal-fee-to-secure-free-agent-10284244.html

Take it with a pinch of salt because it basically comes from the Daily Mail really but £8m? He wouldn't be worth that if he was under contract for the next 10 years. Who comes up with these amounts and how do they come up with them? We're getting less for Borini and he's under contract ffs!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #471: Jun 05, 2015 07:31:20 pm

Then I have no idea what point your trying to make by bringing Aspas into the discussion Skip.

Seem to be tying yourself in knots mate.

I am pointing out that we have a player .......out from the club ...........who is actually scoring goals.
      More than Ings.
      See above.

Simples

The days of Sanchez and Costa are gone . It was all smoke and mirrors to pat us on the head .

LFC has become like a goldfish bowl...... eventually all the sh*te sinks to the bottom.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #472: Jun 05, 2015 07:51:17 pm
      Suddenly some trolls are praising the merits of Aspas, when last year they couldn't wait to get rid?

Hilarious.
      I don't want Aspas back here. I think he is better siuted to Sevilla. He has not had a terible season there, but he did here.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #473: Jun 05, 2015 07:54:27 pm
      Apparently absence really can make the heart grow fonder...

Aspas shouldnt play for us again, anyone who thinks otherwise should really have a look at his performances in a liverpool shirt...

as for ings, as ive said before he did well in the championship and did ok in the prem

if selling Aspas covers the tribunal fee and wages for ings then its an absolute no brainer for me
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #474: Jun 05, 2015 07:56:20 pm
      Am I right that Aspas got a couple of hat tricks against the Spanish equivalent of Tranmere and he's now the missing piece of the jigsaw?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #475: Jun 05, 2015 07:57:35 pm
      Tranmere would be better from what ive seen ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #476: Jun 05, 2015 08:03:10 pm
      Am I right that Aspas got a couple of hat tricks against the Spanish equivalent of Tranmere and he's now the missing piece of the jigsaw?
      No. You are wrong. It is the best thing his move is becomming perminant for Liverpool, Aspas and Sevilla.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #477: Jun 05, 2015 08:05:33 pm
      No. You are wrong. It is the best thing his move is becomming perminant for Liverpool, Aspas and Sevilla.

It was a joke Rib.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #478: Jun 05, 2015 08:08:42 pm
      Apparently absence really can make the heart grow fonder...

Aspas shouldnt play for us again, anyone who thinks otherwise should really have a look at his performances in a liverpool shirt...

as for ings, as ive said before he did well in the championship and did ok in the prem

if selling Aspas covers the tribunal fee and wages for ings then its an absolute no brainer for me
      The thing you do when buying a new striker is ask yourself is it an improvement on our current strikers. Our strikers that play at the front are Balotelli, Sturridge, Borini and Lambert. Ings is probably going to score more than Borini, Lambert and Balotelli. If we keep Sturridge, get Ings and buy 2 more strikers that will be fine.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #479: Jun 05, 2015 08:37:05 pm
      I am pointing out that we have a player .......out from the club ...........who is actually scoring goals.
      More than Ings.
      See above.

Simples

The days of Sanchez and Costa are gone . It was all smoke and mirrors to pat us on the head .

LFC has become like a goldfish bowl...... eventually all the sh*te sinks to the bottom.

A player who said above you wouldn't have had here for the season just gone so I still fail to see what the hell your on about Skip.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #480: Jun 05, 2015 09:05:23 pm
      A player who said above you wouldn't have had here for the season just gone so I still fail to see what the hell your on about Skip.

Nor I you. ...  lost it.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #481: Jun 05, 2015 09:09:28 pm

I wasnt trying to make a point.

Just trying to make sense of your strange posts in here.

We had our 'top scorer' on loan.

Would you have had him here then I asked you.

No.

No sense there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #482: Jun 05, 2015 09:25:27 pm

Indeed. If he would just bite a couple of people we'd be all set.

Quick Reply