Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30382 times
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #483: Jun 05, 2015 10:22:00 pm
      Code: [Select]
      Games Goals
      Balotelli  15 1
      Lambert  25 2
      Borini  12 1

Total 52 4

Ings 35 11

These are from wikipedia... games vs goals in the EPL last season

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #484: Jun 05, 2015 10:27:16 pm
      Code: [Select]
      Games Goals
      Balotelli  15 1
      Lambert  25 2
      Borini  12 1

Total 52 4

Ings 35 11

These are from wikipedia... games vs goals in the EPL last season

We can compare shi..te to shi...te all day long but it's still all shi...te at the end of the day.

Balotelli has no future at the club, Lambert has no future at the club and Danny Ings should definitely have no future at the club. If he comes in in they had just as well spunk the rest of the budget on Charlie Austin and be done with it. Both of them are old fashioned lead the line, score a few goals, hard-working centre-forwards in the traditional British sense but in a side with top four ambitions and beyond? Not a chance.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #485: Jun 05, 2015 11:44:54 pm

We can compare shi..te to shi...te all day long but it's still all shi...te at the end of the day.

Balotelli has no future at the club, Lambert has no future at the club and Danny Ings should definitely have no future at the club. If he comes in in they had just as well spunk the rest of the budget on Charlie Austin and be done with it. Both of them are old fashioned lead the line, score a few goals, hard-working centre-forwards in the traditional British sense but in a side with top four ambitions and beyond? Not a chance.

Charlie Austin and Danny Ings are nothing alike as players
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #486: Jun 05, 2015 11:47:19 pm
      With signings like this we wont be getting back in the champions league anytime soon. And danny ings aint going to inspire other top players to come. Tough times ahead
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #487: Jun 05, 2015 11:59:06 pm
      Charlie Austin and Danny Ings are nothing alike as players

Be interested to hear why you say that?

They have some similaririties, both pretty decent with their backs to goal, can hold it up and lead the line quite well, neither is especially skilful in term of having flair to go past people and dribble the ball over longer distances, both player are pretty decent in the air, both have shown they can produce a smart finish and have an eye for goal plus have a little bit about them in the box. Both have been performing at lower league clubs where expectation and pressure is considerably less than it would be at LFC.

Ings is more mobile and not as strong as Austin.

But I can see similarities as listed above.

But the point I was really making is let's just go and buy the two new English hopefuls after one decent season and be done with it.

If we're going to go English I would prefer we went for Berahinio although I believe he is represented by the same toss pot who advises Sterling so probably best we don't.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #488: Jun 06, 2015 12:19:29 am
      Both berahinio and austin would cost more to bring in though.

If Ings is the only forward we bring in this summer then ill be pissed off but if we splash out big money on a top forward to play alongside Sturridge and bring in Ings as backup ill be very happy with this signing.

Definitely a decent squad player but we desperately need players to walk into our first 11 right now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #489: Jun 06, 2015 10:08:51 am
      Both berahinio and austin would cost more to bring in though.

If Ings is the only forward we bring in this summer then ill be pissed off but if we splash out big money on a top forward to play alongside Sturridge and bring in Ings as backup ill be very happy with this signing.

Definitely a decent squad player but we desperately need players to walk into our first 11 right now.

The only problem is though, Sturridge would have to stay fit for most of the season because I don't see many goals coming from Ings or Origi. They're not consistent enough to be relied on for most of the season. I think it could be make or break this year for Sturridge if he can't stay fit.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #490: Jun 06, 2015 10:25:36 am
      The only problem is though, Sturridge would have to stay fit for most of the season because I don't see many goals coming from Ings or Origi. They're not consistent enough to be relied on for most of the season. I think it could be make or break this year for Sturridge if he can't stay fit.

But he scored 11 (was it?) in a Burnley side that was relegated. Surely if he played the same amount of games for us he would score a couple more? I know it doesn't quite work like that but in theory he should, shouldnt he? We dominate possession in most of our games and create well more chances than Burnley do. If we sign Ings and he ends up playing every league game next season (because of an injury crisis perhaps) I think he would bag atleast 15 and thats better than the other three forwards weve got right now.

He isnt the answer to our forward problems but i think he could do a job for us and play a similar role that hernandez did for the mancs.

And even if he comes and doesnt make the step up we would probably make money on him in a sale anyway. Makes sense this deal to me.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #491: Jun 06, 2015 11:06:55 am
      But he scored 11 (was it?) in a Burnley side that was relegated. Surely if he played the same amount of games for us he would score a couple more? I know it doesn't quite work like that but in theory he should, shouldnt he? We dominate possession in most of our games and create well more chances than Burnley do. If we sign Ings and he ends up playing every league game next season (because of an injury crisis perhaps) I think he would bag atleast 15 and thats better than the other three forwards weve got right now.

He isnt the answer to our forward problems but i think he could do a job for us and play a similar role that hernandez did for the mancs.

And even if he comes and doesnt make the step up we would probably make money on him in a sale anyway. Makes sense this deal to me.

He played in 35 league games to get those 11 goals though. If he ever has to play that amount of games for us in a league season then I'd be worried about our chances of getting top 4. The same argument could be made for Lambert. He scored 13 league goals the season before he joined us but he played in 37 games so it's hard to figure out how many they could/should be scoring as back up players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #492: Jun 06, 2015 11:14:02 am
      I definitely see the point you lads make above but is any 3rd/4th choice striker going to score massive amount of goals on limited games?

New Striker
      Sturridge
      Origi
      Ings

That's how I see it and if Ings gets near double figure I think that would be a fair return.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #493: Jun 06, 2015 11:27:19 am
      I definitely see the point you lads make above but is any 3rd/4th choice striker going to score massive amount of goals on limited games?

New Striker
      Sturridge
      Origi
      Ings

That's how I see it and if Ings gets near double figure I think that would be a fair return.

I'd imagine most would be satisfied if this was the options for next year. However we are always so bad at getting rid of unwanted players and I fear we may not be signing strikers until a few have Left. Especially as origi comes back, which is essentially a new signing.

Realistically borini, aspas, lambert and Balotelli need to go in order to create space in the squad, as well as free up some wages and maybe generate a small bit of income.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #494: Jun 07, 2015 01:37:08 pm
      I still think this lads a bit better than many are giving him credit for. Reminds me a bit of a young, raw, Dwight Yorke.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #495: Jun 07, 2015 03:32:17 pm
      all this 3rd 4th striker malarky is aload of bollocks...

we need to go under the assumption studge will miss most of next season too and seeing as he's already out until the end of the year... that leaves origi and ings as first choice seeing as borini and lambert will be sold and mario will be 'injured'
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #496: Jun 07, 2015 09:40:05 pm
      According to the Twatter, this one is done.

Sounds like its time to get on board this mess...

Not Happy.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #497: Jun 08, 2015 09:17:22 am

This.

Surely, playing in a better team with better players than Burnly will make him better player and therefore score more?

Also, I think forward is not a position FSG make a priority. We have Sturridge, incoming Origi, incoming Ings and then we need to get rid of Lambert, Balotelli and Borini before splash out that cash on another forward. Perhaps, the TC should start selling first before buying 2nd hand goods.

Personally, I feel Ings will do well if given a chance by BR.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #498: Jun 08, 2015 09:33:51 am
      Done barring medical by the sounds of it. I'm fairly happy,  despite what others may think, with this and the Milner deal.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #499: Jun 08, 2015 09:39:41 am
      DiggerRich
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #500: Jun 08, 2015 09:43:30 am
      another mediocre player coming in. >:(
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #501: Jun 08, 2015 09:53:38 am
      what is the fee we have to pay burnley? i know he's on a free but i'm sure i read that we still have to pay a 4/5mil fee? is this true?

either way he's young british and seems to know where the goal is, could be a steal if he takes off and most importantly gets a chance to play!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #502: Jun 08, 2015 09:54:52 am
      Ah here...

Welcome Danny!

Hope you prove me wrong.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #503: Jun 08, 2015 09:57:26 am
      When you look at all the English strikers who made the breakthrough last season [Austin, Berahino, Kane & Ings] - if we were going to sign any of them then Danny was always going to be the 'one most likely'.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #504: Jun 08, 2015 10:10:35 am
      When you look at all the English strikers who made the breakthrough last season [Austin, Berahino, Kane & Ings] - if we were going to sign any of them then Danny was always going to be the 'one most likely'.

And beside Berahino, the one who would actually fit our side's style.

Hopefully a complementary signing, not a main one.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #505: Jun 08, 2015 10:27:59 am
      Welcome to the club, Danny. All I ask is that you give everything you put on the red shirt.

Ynwa

Quick Reply