Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      39 (36.4%)
      Emre Can
      5 (4.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (10.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.9%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (16.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      22 (20.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (1.9%)
      Mario Balotelli
      4 (3.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Jan 31, 2015 10:22:16 pm

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool (2-1 agg): In game and Post Match goalhunt

Read 50849 times
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool (2-1 agg): In game and Post Match goalhunt
      Reply #805: Feb 02, 2015 11:41:39 am
      15 goals in open play. That is 3 goals more than Suarez in his first season at Anfield.

Ronaldo won the golden boot over Torres. Half of Ronaldo's 38 goals were free kicks and penalties. Nobody cared that all of Torres' 32 goals were form open play.

That article is rubbish.

Its far from rubbish as the article proves a massive point and a lot of people right.

If you choose to ignore it... then do so!

But I promise you that you are in the minority in your blind support for his "goal" record.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #806: Feb 02, 2015 12:23:35 pm
      Actually what I said was this;

Funny how you missed the bit I have put in bold out though.

Yes two things I listed; no goal scorer and getting either the line up or subs wrong you tool.

I will break it down for you though. Point one in the list being no goal scorer. Point two in the list getting a decision wrong.

But nice try on trying to twist what I said.

Yep, clearly contradicting myself...

No, I wouldn't have complained about Balotelli or Lambert not going on, I'd have still questioned why Lallana wasn't.

Again, nice try.

Well seeing as he has scored more goals than them so far it would suggest he'd have done something more "special" than them two.

So if Markovic or Coutinho can't then don't try a similar sort of player who has more goals than our strikers this season. Genius.

Yeah changed the system to hamper other players to accommodate Gerrard staying on the pitch and playing two strikers that are of next to no threat at all. But you're happy with that. Okay.

Now who is contradicting themselves.

You said you wouldn't have been happy if Lallana had came on and the system stayed the same but yet had that happened and he scored then you wouldn't have been complaining about the system not being changed.

The only one talking sh*t, getting in a twist and getting things wrong is you.

Clearly wasn't blessed with common sense at birth.

Never known anybody to have such a little bi*ch fit over basically nothing  :lmao: and you're forum staff? Calling people tools? Over nothing basically as well?  :lmao:

I'm not going to drag this on any further but you criticised Rodgers and suggested he got the team wrong & that his substitutions were wrong too and they 'yet again' contributed to us losing a match. Regardless of you also stating we lack a goal scorer, that is what you said. So I focused on those two and commented on it. I'm not twisting anything - YOU SAID IT.

For me that's harsh. We were a shambles earlier on in the season but in recent months Rodgers has got a grip and sorted us out. We have looked far better with 3 at the back.

We were certainly the better team in the first leg. We were also the better team in the second leg. Therefore, Rodgers picked the right team. I'm not even sure a lack of goal scorer cost us either. We had plenty of chances that fell to the likes Coutinho, Gerrard, Sterling but they didn't take them. Usually they would. So it was bad luck that cost us.

Difference of opinion but it got to the point late on in the game where I didn't see us scoring. Something needed changing. Rodgers changed the system and put two recognised forwards up top and I applaud him for that. It didn't work out in the end but never mind, I was pleased to see him trying something different which is what we needed at the time.

Obviously I wouldn't have been annoyed if he kept the same system and Lallana came on and bagged a brace, but surely it would have been more frustrating that had Rodgers kept the same system (which wasn't working at that point and we didn't look like we were going to get that needed goal) brought Lallana on and he did nothing so we got beat anyway? Do you not agree? Because Im pretty sure these forums would have been full of criticism for him saying why isn't he starting a recognised striker, why didn't he bring one on when he has three sitting on the bench etc.

I also agree with BR for keeping Gerrard on. If we were awarded a penalty in the 119th minute or a free kick on the 18 yard box then I know who I would want to take it.

Some people will criticise the manager over anything. Get off his back. We performed well over the two games, took them to extra time, but it wasn't to be. That's football and that's life. Lock the thread.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #807: Feb 02, 2015 01:25:42 pm
      we still on this topic! the games over and done lets move on now please good times ahead.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #808: Feb 02, 2015 07:11:36 pm
      Never known anybody to have such a little bi*ch fit over basically nothing  :lmao: and you're forum staff? Calling people tools? Over nothing basically as well?  :lmao:

You're right, and I'm sure you will get over it one day.

I'm not going to drag this on any further but you criticised Rodgers and suggested he got the team wrong & that his substitutions were wrong too and they 'yet again' contributed to us losing a match. Regardless of you also stating we lack a goal scorer, that is what you said. So I focused on those two and commented on it. I'm not twisting anything - YOU SAID IT.

I'm really not sure how you are failing to understand this. For the 100th time, I didn't say his line up and subs were wrong...I said OR. Well no, actually I put /...meaning one OR the other. You know, the word that doesn't mean and. I don't know how I can dumb it down for you even further.

You are twisting it because as I said and even quoted my initial post, it was one OR (there's that word again), the other..This time being the subs. You know, the subs, not the subs and line up.

For me that's harsh. We were a shambles earlier on in the season but in recent months Rodgers has got a grip and sorted us out. We have looked far better with 3 at the back.

Didn't say otherwise. Sure you will imagine I did though.

We were certainly the better team in the first leg. We were also the better team in the second leg. Therefore, Rodgers picked the right team. I'm not even sure a lack of goal scorer cost us either. We had plenty of chances that fell to the likes Coutinho, Gerrard, Sterling but they didn't take them. Usually they would. So it was bad luck that cost us.

Again, I didn't say otherwise and I also didn't say he picked the wrong line up, it was the wrong subs. You know, the subs, not subs and line up.

Yep, we had plenty of chances and didn't take them, therefore not having a goalscorer. Also Gerrard only really scores set pieces now and Coutinho doesn't score much at all so to say they would normally have taken their chances is wrong.

Difference of opinion but it got to the point late on in the game where I didn't see us scoring. Something needed changing. Rodgers changed the system and put two recognised forwards up top and I applaud him for that. It didn't work out in the end but never mind, I was pleased to see him trying something different which is what we needed at the time.

Two recognised strikers that are of little threat and have less goals than the man he left on the bench.

Obviously I wouldn't have been annoyed if he kept the same system and Lallana came on and bagged a brace, but surely it would have been more frustrating that had Rodgers kept the same system (which wasn't working at that point and we didn't look like we were going to get that needed goal) brought Lallana on and he did nothing so we got beat anyway? Do you not agree? Because Im pretty sure these forums would have been full of criticism for him saying why isn't he starting a recognised striker, why didn't he bring one on when he has three sitting on the bench etc.

No I don't agree because other players suffered by being moved out of position and neither Balotelli or Lambert are a goal threat of any note.

Some people will criticise the manager over anything. Get off his back. We performed well over the two games, took them to extra time, but it wasn't to be. That's football and that's life. Lock the thread.

I don't need to get off his back at all and the fact you think I always criticise him just shows your lack of notice on here because I have slated him and I have praised him.

Again, I didn't say we didn't play well.

Now are you quite finished or do I need to try and dumb it down even further for you because my 3 year old niece understands the concept of the word OR better than you. Also no idea where you got the part about me saying we didn't play well and all that crap but there we go. No doubt you will get in a twist over this post too but there we go, some people are over sensitive.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #809: Feb 02, 2015 11:32:05 pm
      You're right, and I'm sure you will get over it one day.

I'm really not sure how you are failing to understand this. For the 100th time, I didn't say his line up and subs were wrong...I said OR. Well no, actually I put /...meaning one OR the other. You know, the word that doesn't mean and. I don't know how I can dumb it down for you even further.

You are twisting it because as I said and even quoted my initial post, it was one OR (there's that word again), the other..This time being the subs. You know, the subs, not the subs and line up.

Didn't say otherwise. Sure you will imagine I did though.

Again, I didn't say otherwise and I also didn't say he picked the wrong line up, it was the wrong subs. You know, the subs, not subs and line up.

Yep, we had plenty of chances and didn't take them, therefore not having a goalscorer. Also Gerrard only really scores set pieces now and Coutinho doesn't score much at all so to say they would normally have taken their chances is wrong.

Two recognised strikers that are of little threat and have less goals than the man he left on the bench.

No I don't agree because other players suffered by being moved out of position and neither Balotelli or Lambert are a goal threat of any note.

I don't need to get off his back at all and the fact you think I always criticise him just shows your lack of notice on here because I have slated him and I have praised him.

Again, I didn't say we didn't play well.

Now are you quite finished or do I need to try and dumb it down even further for you because my 3 year old niece understands the concept of the word OR better than you. Also no idea where you got the part about me saying we didn't play well and all that crap but there we go. No doubt you will get in a twist over this post too but there we go, some people are over sensitive.

Wont lower myself to name calling as I'll probably get banned, so keep it up and enjoy your little forum power in the sad life you must lead :lmao:

But for the last time you said that once again a lack of goal scorer, Brendan picking the wrong team or using the wrong subs cost us. Which is quite critical of him.

Whether you meant all three or just one on this occasion is anybody's guess, you didn't make that clear. So I picked on two of your points and you had a fit. Your still crying about it now.

I liked the idea of Brendan going to plan b because plan a wasnt working. Plan b didn't work either it turned out but fair play to BR for trying something new when we needed too.

I guarantee that had Brendan not tried anything different and we still lost, he would have received far more criticism on these boards for it. 'Desperate for a goal and not bringing a striker on, what the F**k is he playing at' etc etc. You would probably be one of them!!

No disrespect to Lallana but we didn't exactly have zidane sitting on the bench. Adam has had a poor season to be honest. I doubt he would have influenced the game any more than the lambert or balotelli but I guess we'll never know. You're making out like he is some sort of a goal machine though and has performed far better than both lambert and balotelli this season which is something I disagree with personally.

Getting on this now anyway isnt it so let's just agree to disagree.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #810: Feb 02, 2015 11:46:29 pm

That went well. Another thing you are clearly incapable of understating...

Why do you keep going on about this, are you jealous you aren't part of the LFCReds staff or something?

But for the last time you said that once again a lack of goal scorer, Brendan picking the wrong team or using the wrong subs cost us. Which is quite critical of him.

It's pretty much pointing out the obvious to be honest. Some people are just to loved up with him to criticise him though and wont have a bad word said.

'Desperate for a goal and not bringing a striker on, what the f**k is he playing at' etc etc. You would probably be one of them!!

No I probably wouldn't have been one of them because as we have already established, I would have preferred Lallana over the strikers.

It's seriously like talking to a brick wall with you pal.

Quick Reply