Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

So, the summer transfer window...

Read 1723 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      So, the summer transfer window...
      Feb 03, 2015 10:50:27 am
      So going into the summer, what do we need to improve the squad? Ideally, I'd like to make no more than 4 signings but I'd like those signings to be top class players rather than stockpiling for the sake of it (what we seemed to do last summer). So, here are my pick of 4 players who I feel we can attract and would improve us further (plus, of course Danny Ings who looks set to join the club for around £4m next summer).

Mat Ryan (Club Brugge) - £8m
      With Brad Jones as the competition to Simon Mignolet for the past two seasons, I think it is fairly conclusive that we will be looking to sign a new keeper. Rodgers himself has highlighted the need for Danny Ward to go out on loan and for the squad to have 3 senior keepers. A number of respected sources linked us to Aussie international, Mat Ryan and he seems the most likeliest at the moment. He is a proper Rodgers keeper too; great with his feet, excellent distribution from the back and someone who barks orders to his defence. Although still a little raw being just 22-years-old, he is one who has huge potential and has the build and physique for the Premier League too.

Fabian Schär (FC Basel) - £0m
      Perhaps we are overloaded in this area at the moment but I'd certainly take the opportunity to snap up Fabian Schär as he is a free agent in the summer. He was superb in both legs of the Champions League ties against Liverpool and is now ready to move onto a stronger league. He is quick, reads the game so well, strong in the air (in both boxes) and calm and composed under pressure. He also has the knack of being able to bring the ball out from the back and what I've seen of him, he reminds me of Daniel Agger without the injury record. Martin Skrtel has turned 30 and you would feel the club will look to offload both Toure and Coates in the summer which means the club could make way for the Swiss international.

Miralem Pjanić (Roma) - £20m
      With Stevie G announcing his departure from the club, the club have to be looking to reinforce the midfield area. Miralem Pjanić would be my first choice for his role with perhaps İlkay Gündoğan another alternative. The Bosnian took a while to settle at Roma but now pulls the strings from a deeper role than he used to play at Lyon. He has improved physically and now dictates games where before he used to show glimpses of talent but was on the periphery. He has a superb footballing brain and you would imagine he would fit like a glove in Liverpool's quick counter-attacking style of play and would act as a superb buffer from the defence to attack. As well as his ability to play make he can also score goals from midfield and would take over deadball duties from the departing Gerrard.

Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon) - £30m
      Perhaps the most difficult player to entice to the club out of the four mentioned, the French striker is the hottest attacking property in Europe at the moment. He had a superb season just gone but has taken it to another level this. 21 goals and 7 assists in 22 games is an amazing record as he tops the French scoring charts. It is his ability to play right across the frontline which will surely appeal to Liverpool. He is not one of those stagnant box strikers but someone who looks to involve himself in all the play as he drops deep and attacks defenders with his direct runs into the box. Comparisons could be drawn with Thierry Henry and a partnership with Daniel Sturridge with Sterling and Coutinho providing the ammunition could be deadly next season. He has the potential to fill the Luis Suarez void that the club have missed this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: So, the summer transfer window...
      Reply #1: Feb 03, 2015 11:25:00 am
      Bloody hell.

Can't you just enjoy rest of the season mate?
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Feb 03, 2015 11:39:20 am
      Bloody hell.

No
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3: Feb 03, 2015 11:40:33 am

OK. As you were then.

I guess some prefer to spend their time chatting about transfer bollocks rather than actual football.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Feb 03, 2015 11:44:52 am
      Bloody hell.

Exactly. Literally only just finished the winter window. Any transfer talk like this can go in the General until nearer the time.

Locked.

Quick Reply