Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ched Evans to Oldham....

Read 6973 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Ched Evans to Oldham....
      Reply #46: Jan 09, 2015 10:03:24 pm
      Dont want to come across on the side of Evans here, because of a father of two young girls thats the last thing i want to do and not my intention. But i think people need to realise a few things in this case without making their own conclusions.

1. Yes he was found guilty. ( a jury found him guilty )

2. He appealed at the time ( the appeal was knocked back on the following grounds...... the judge was experienced, not the most convicing of arguments )

3. His friend was found not guilty even though the defendant claimed she did not consent to either ( thus the victimes evidence was the same for both men )

4. For some reason the judge said the jury should decide on the verdicts of each defendant seperatley. 

5. The jury irrespective of the evidence found Cheds mate to be more credible in the box than Ched, which means if you believe his defence if you nervous about speaking in public and the victim gives the same eveidence against both attackers a jury can convict you on this basis.

6. The evidence againt two men was the same, yet one was found guilty and was was not.

My opinions for what its worth both offenders should still be in prison now serving 5 years, as a believer of the criminal justice system if one was cleared both should be cleared. Bottom line Judge was out of touch and messed up, interested to see the outcome of the legal challenge.

We're you one of the jurors?

If the judge was that incompetent as you claim there would be a case for retrial, that's not going to happen.
      Murrayred
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 09, 2015 11:11:00 pm
      What if he's innocent mate?

Anyway i heard they only did the deal since Oscar Pistorius refused to sign a contract with them.
      what if he's not
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #48: Jan 10, 2015 09:48:19 am
      In what way is this topic related to Liverpool? General football thread section maybe?
      For what it's worth though, Rape is a really shitty crime, if he's guilty, he shouldn't be allowed to kick a ball professionally again.
      If Mario got a ban for making a joke, what should a rapist get?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #49: Jan 10, 2015 09:54:30 am
      First of all there is a lot of confusion over this case. There is no doubt Ched Evans acted like an idiot but how can it be that one footballer had consensual sex with this woman then 5 minutes later it was rape when Ched Evans had sex with her, she can't remember having sex with either one btw? In any case even if it was rape the lad has served his time now, he's been rehabilitated, so why shouldn't he be allowed to return to his career, it seems grossly unfair to me.

Oh and Gordon Taylor is a complete and utter ass clown.

he hasn't served his time, he is out on licence, his mate sent him a text saying 'I've got a bird', he would have seen straight away the state she was in and should have walked away, his missus is the sort of women who need to sort themselves out, to portray the girl in the case as anything other than a victim is pathetic, yes we can argue about her behaviour but really. Evans moans about mob rule forgetting the fact his victim has supposedly had to change her identity 5 times, been outed on social media and had all sorts of threats
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #50: Jan 11, 2015 07:22:33 pm
      Why not give him the death penalty if he isn't allowed to do anything to earn a living ?

The prison serves also, besides the punishment, as a education facility, and one of it's purposes is reabilitating the individual and making it easy for him to integrate into society.

And also the rape case doesn't look straightforward, like all the rape cases when somebody forces a girld into sex, from what i understand the girl was drunk and he had sex with her.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #51: Jan 12, 2015 07:54:53 pm
      Believe what you will, but Evans has apologised for "that night in Rhyll" to the woman. What I wonder is though, if maintaining your innocence, why apologise to someone who has sent you to prison for rape?

I know for a fact I wouldn't apologise. Ever.

Imo he is a liar.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Jan 12, 2015 09:21:26 pm
      Believe what you will, but Evans has apologised for "that night in Rhyll" to the woman. What I wonder is though, if maintaining your innocence, why apologise to someone who has sent you to prison for rape?

I know for a fact I wouldn't apologise. Ever.

Imo he is a liar.

This! Why apologise if there is nothing to apologise for.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #53: Jan 18, 2015 02:21:24 pm
      So he got sentenced, served jail-time, and now he wants to appeal it for the sake of his name?

Looks like he hasn't learnt anything, just wants his name cleared so he can get back in to football.

Bang on the money this.

Have no respect for Ched, comes across as an absolute pr**k and he's a F***ing rapist too!

And also the rape case doesn't look straightforward, like all the rape cases when somebody forces a girld into sex, from what i understand the girl was drunk and he had sex with her.

You might want to read up on the case then fella.

She was having sex with someone else, Ched just fancied getting involved. The woman agreed to sleeping with the other fella, she didn't consent to Ched getting involved.

He's a F***ing wrong'un rapist!

Quick Reply