Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Racism in the Premier League

Read 36901 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Racism in the Premier League
      Reply #46: Mar 27, 2015 01:43:28 pm
      'Pass it soon' or 'pass it through' is what I make of it.

No racial content to it.

Sometimes you hear what you want to hear.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #47: Mar 27, 2015 02:43:13 pm

Sometimes you hear what you want to hear.

Do you have to bring the Zionists into every thread Shabs?  ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #48: Mar 27, 2015 03:52:04 pm
      Honky's back.

Maybe it was a Scottish fan saying "pass it doon".

Or

Because Sakho looks like one, " pass it loon".

Or

Possibly it was "if you see that federer off Reds give him a kick up the arse....soon".

Interpretation, mental.

:P
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #49: Mar 27, 2015 05:43:29 pm
      Definitely sounds like ''pass it Cou!'' to me, which is consistent with the fact that Coutinho is right next to Sakho and available for the pass. At best, it's open to a range of reasonable interpretations, so I don't think fed has any point.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #50: Mar 27, 2015 05:53:53 pm
      Can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have heard that disgusting term in Liverpool in the last 10 years.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #51: Mar 27, 2015 07:57:18 pm
      Can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have heard that disgusting term in Liverpool in the last 10 years.

About right that Stu, it's a proper old skool slur.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #52: Mar 27, 2015 10:45:22 pm
      One person shouts "pass it" and then somebody else, possibly even from the bench, shouts "Cou".

There would be gasps if somebody shouted that and I've never heard anything of the like when I've been there. I'm sorry but I'm not having somebody telling everyone how racist it is at Anfield and then in the next breath telling us all how he has never been there and that he is from nowhere near the area.

There will be racist people in a group of 45,000 no matter where you put that many together. There will also be somebody with a 12 inch cock on flop but that doesn't mean he's going to be getting it out and swinging it around his head.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #53: Mar 27, 2015 10:52:18 pm
      One person shouts "pass it" and then somebody else, possibly even from the bench, shouts "Cou".

Listened to it some more, you're right, it's two voices, making Federer looking like an even bigger muppet than I already thought.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #54: Mar 27, 2015 11:32:28 pm
      Listened to it some more, you're right, it's two voices, making Federer looking like an even bigger muppet than I already thought.

It's almost a scandal that his name should be associated with a legend of tennis. It really doesn't sit right.

How about one of the mod's change his name to Barry Cowan?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #55: Jul 18, 2015 03:26:17 pm
      Not the Premier League but Frimpong has just been sent off in Russia because he gave the finger to fans who were monkey chanting him. More shameful antics from Russia, can't believe the referee allowed the game to go on never mind sending Frimpong off for a perfectly justified and human reaction. He and the Russian fans should be ashamed of themselves. How can FIFA allow this to go on? And we're meant to have the next world cup there! God help us.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #56: Jul 22, 2015 05:29:43 pm
      Not the Premier League but Frimpong has just been sent off in Russia because he gave the finger to fans who were monkey chanting him. More shameful antics from Russia, can't believe the referee allowed the game to go on never mind sending Frimpong off for a perfectly justified and human reaction. He and the Russian fans should be ashamed of themselves. How can FIFA allow this to go on? And we're meant to have the next world cup there! God help us.
      https://twitter.com/BrownbearNav/status/623883836989030401
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #57: Jul 22, 2015 05:55:40 pm
      Here's my interpretation (not that anyone cares):

Listened to a few times and really, I wish I could have listened to it without knowing what I was listening for. In other words...had someone just said "Hey, listen to this and tell me what you hear", I don't know if I'd have heard "c**n".

As it is, it did sort of sound like that to me but even so, here would be my questions:

1)How/why would someone be so bold as to yell something like that at a point in the game when the stadium was so quiet? I mean would have to be a real mental giant to be so bold or so dumb.

2)How do we know what section it had come from? Say for a minute it was "c**n".....do we know it wasn't said by one of the other team's supporters?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #58: Jul 22, 2015 09:01:26 pm

Time after time it happens in Russia, the country is a confirmed fascist state and the authorities(?) do nothing to dispel the assertion.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Jul 23, 2015 03:14:23 am
      5 year ban for racist Chelsea fans in the Paris metro incident.

Disgusting punishment. Nothing surprising though considering its Chelsea.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #60: Nov 10, 2015 09:24:07 pm
      Disheartening day for black coaches, says Troy Townsend

The sackings of Chris Powell and Chris Ramsey were "disheartening", says anti-racism campaigner Troy Townsend.
      Powell departed Huddersfield and Ramsey left QPR to leave four bosses of black and minority ethnic (BME) and Asian backgrounds in the top four leagues.
      "To lose both managers sends out a really strong message to those aspiring to get on this journey," said Townsend.
      But former Chelsea defender Frank Sinclair disagreed and called Townsend's claims "damaging".
      Last week the Football Association's newly appointed BME boss Wayne Allison said he wanted to increase the number of black coaches.
      But the sackings of both Powell and Ramsey within the space of a few hours on Tuesday left numbers at a low and could discourage black coaches, according to Townsend.
      "People will look and think 'Is it worth it? Is it because of the colour of their skin? Or is it because they are bad managers?," Townsend told BBC Radio 5 live.
      "I know people will say results are not right but there is a lot more to it than that.
      "Today is disheartening without a doubt."

Chris Hughton (Brighton), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Burton Albion), Keith Curle (Carlisle) and Ricardo Moniz (Notts County) are now the only managers from BME backgrounds in the Football League after Wednesday's sackings.
      Townsend - education and development manager at Kick It Out,  as well as the father of Tottenham winger Andros - said the loss of both Powell and Ramsey from the Championship sides was "a really disappointing day for BME people who are looking to be part of the game at the highest level".
      He told BBC Radio 5 live: "We are talking about the under-representation of black managers in the English game.
      "We have 25% BME players in this country. There are less than 4% in terms of major coaching roles. The stats don't stack up."
      'Totally out of order'

Sinclair was recently coaching Brackley Town in the National League North and says he "totally disagrees" with Townsend's claims.
      The 43-year-old says that he has twice recently come close to a job and believes there are opportunities for black coaches in England.
      "They [Powell and Ramsey] are both terrific lads who have given me advice in the past, and you're disappointed that they lost their jobs, but you've got to be realistic," he told BBC Radio Northampton.
      "To make a statement that more or less says 'is it because of their colour that they've been sacked?' is something that I had to make a response to because I totally disagree.

"It can be damaging. I don't question a chairman's integrity.
      "I've been very close to getting a couple of jobs recently, and out of 35-40 applicants, I've got to the final two twice. There's encouragement that if I keep doing the right things, then I'll get the opportunity to manage at the level that I want to.
      "[Townsend's comments] are damaging. People could read that and think: 'If I take on a black manager is he going to turn around if it doesn't go well and say 'the reason I got sacked is because of the colour of my skin'?
      "That is out of order and you can't have statements made like that."
      Huddersfield said that the dismissal of Powell "signals a change of direction by the club and a new approach", while QPR director of football Les Ferdinand said that replacing Ramsey was in the "best interests of the club".

Huddesfield have won 3 games all season and sit 19th in the league. Manager deserved to be sacked.
      QPR sit 13th and have the squad to be winning that league. Manager deserved to be sacked.

Absolutely shameful comments from Troy Townsend who needlessly plays the race card time and time again. How is it 'disheartening' to see this happen how on earth can he claim this is due to the colour of their skin and ignore the poor results on the pitch. Managers are judged on performance and not by ethnicity. Both were not performing, both deserved the sack.

I would wholeheartedly hope Kick It Out remove Townsend from his post as development manager, he is crying wolf and totally out of order. No one in his position should be making such radical claims. Lets kick racism out of football when we see it, not go calling any decisions made against non-white players or managers racist every time they happen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #61: Nov 10, 2015 09:30:47 pm
      Disheartening day for black coaches, says Troy Townsend

The sackings of Chris Powell and Chris Ramsey were "disheartening", says anti-racism campaigner Troy Townsend.
      Powell departed Huddersfield and Ramsey left QPR to leave four bosses of black and minority ethnic (BME) and Asian backgrounds in the top four leagues.
      "To lose both managers sends out a really strong message to those aspiring to get on this journey," said Townsend.
      But former Chelsea defender Frank Sinclair disagreed and called Townsend's claims "damaging".
      Last week the Football Association's newly appointed BME boss Wayne Allison said he wanted to increase the number of black coaches.
      But the sackings of both Powell and Ramsey within the space of a few hours on Tuesday left numbers at a low and could discourage black coaches, according to Townsend.
      "People will look and think 'Is it worth it? Is it because of the colour of their skin? Or is it because they are bad managers?," Townsend told BBC Radio 5 live.
      "I know people will say results are not right but there is a lot more to it than that.
      "Today is disheartening without a doubt."

Chris Hughton (Brighton), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Burton Albion), Keith Curle (Carlisle) and Ricardo Moniz (Notts County) are now the only managers from BME backgrounds in the Football League after Wednesday's sackings.
      Townsend - education and development manager at Kick It Out,  as well as the father of Tottenham winger Andros - said the loss of both Powell and Ramsey from the Championship sides was "a really disappointing day for BME people who are looking to be part of the game at the highest level".
      He told BBC Radio 5 live: "We are talking about the under-representation of black managers in the English game.
      "We have 25% BME players in this country. There are less than 4% in terms of major coaching roles. The stats don't stack up."
      'Totally out of order'

Sinclair was recently coaching Brackley Town in the National League North and says he "totally disagrees" with Townsend's claims.
      The 43-year-old says that he has twice recently come close to a job and believes there are opportunities for black coaches in England.
      "They [Powell and Ramsey] are both terrific lads who have given me advice in the past, and you're disappointed that they lost their jobs, but you've got to be realistic," he told BBC Radio Northampton.
      "To make a statement that more or less says 'is it because of their colour that they've been sacked?' is something that I had to make a response to because I totally disagree.

"It can be damaging. I don't question a chairman's integrity.
      "I've been very close to getting a couple of jobs recently, and out of 35-40 applicants, I've got to the final two twice. There's encouragement that if I keep doing the right things, then I'll get the opportunity to manage at the level that I want to.
      "[Townsend's comments] are damaging. People could read that and think: 'If I take on a black manager is he going to turn around if it doesn't go well and say 'the reason I got sacked is because of the colour of my skin'?
      "That is out of order and you can't have statements made like that."
      Huddersfield said that the dismissal of Powell "signals a change of direction by the club and a new approach", while QPR director of football Les Ferdinand said that replacing Ramsey was in the "best interests of the club".

Huddesfield have won 3 games all season and sit 19th in the league. Manager deserved to be sacked.
      QPR sit 13th and have the squad to be winning that league. Manager deserved to be sacked.

Absolutely shameful comments from Troy Townsend who needlessly plays the race card time and time again. How is it 'disheartening' to see this happen how on earth can he claim this is due to the colour of their skin and ignore the poor results on the pitch. Managers are judged on performance and not by ethnicity. Both were not performing, both deserved the sack.

I would wholeheartedly hope Kick It Out remove Townsend from his post as development manager, he is crying wolf and totally out of order. No one in his position should be making such radical claims. Lets kick racism out of football when we see it, not go calling any decisions made against non-white players or managers racist every time they happen.

What a dick this guy is. A person who continually plays the race card is as bad as a racist in my opinion.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #62: Nov 10, 2015 09:48:47 pm
      What a dick this guy is. A person who continually plays the race card is as bad as a racist in my opinion.

You'd think someone in his position would understand the severity of making such claims. It's completely reckless and he's the one doing the damage not QPR or Huddersfield.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #63: Nov 10, 2015 11:30:50 pm
      Agree with both of you people like this really get on my tits.

If your not up to the task irrespective of colour, sex, age or whatever you should be given the boot.

Wasn't this one of the wallies who had a right field day with Suarez-Evra?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #64: Nov 14, 2015 06:23:23 am
      Agree with all of the above,  that Troy fella has done more damage than either of those sackings,

Coaches have to be of a standard befitting the leagues at that level in the first instance and of course bme guys have to want to coach. I'm sure there are plenty out there who are well capable,

Troy needs to give his head a wobble and rethink what he's actually saying.

YNWA
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #65: Mar 30, 2016 10:30:42 pm
      Also a huge difference between a heat of the moment racist comment and being racist.  If I called someone a black c**t, I wouldn't be being racist, the insult is the c**t part, much like I called a mate of mine a slaphead c**t the other night, during an argument.  Same goes for big nose, ginger, fat, skinny, big ears etc.  Huge difference between calling some a c**t because he's black or calling someone black a c**t and whilst we continue along the lines of not being able to mention creed and colour, we'll have race issues.  I'm not saying racism is right, it's abhorrent, just that sometimes, a comment deemed as racist, isn't.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #66: Mar 30, 2016 10:35:56 pm
      I love how an anecdotal story about witnessing verbal racist abuse in a public place requires hardcore physical evidence. Video, high quality audio, more than 1 witness, a DNA sample, finger prints, a blood sample, and an e-fit, for people to believe it actually happened.

Is it really that hard to believe?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #67: Mar 31, 2016 12:05:53 am
      I love how an anecdotal story about witnessing verbal racist abuse in a public place requires hardcore physical evidence. Video, high quality audio, more than 1 witness, a DNA sample, finger prints, a blood sample, and an e-fit, for people to believe it actually happened.

Is it really that hard to believe?

It is when you're commenting on something almost a year old!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #68: Mar 31, 2016 12:40:53 pm
      Also a huge difference between a heat of the moment racist comment and being racist.  If I called someone a black c**t, I wouldn't be being racist, the insult is the c**t part, much like I called a mate of mine a slaphead c**t the other night, during an argument.  Same goes for big nose, ginger, fat, skinny, big ears etc.  Huge difference between calling some a c**t because he's black or calling someone black a c**t and whilst we continue along the lines of not being able to mention creed and colour, we'll have race issues.  I'm not saying racism is right, it's abhorrent, just that sometimes, a comment deemed as racist, isn't.

Agreed 100% and it's those that don't seem to grasp the difference and indeed having to endure their ignorance who I think cause an enormous amount of the problems. 

Quick Reply