Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      61 (46.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      58 (44.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      5 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fabio Borini
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration

Read 44121 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration
      Reply #621: Feb 04, 2015 10:38:58 pm
      Maybe you're missing something mate?

I thought both him and Gerrard were pretty poor.

In what way? Did they cost us defensively? Did they fail to get the ball into the feet of our skill players (Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Studge)

It doesn't have to be 8/9 out of 10 every game, they were steady Eddies in the middle tonight, not world-beaters but neither were they poor. How about the 2 boys out wide? Both lads had workmanlike games with few highlights and yet they haven't got a mention. Our play from box to box was pretty decent tonight but decision making, final ball and some poor finishing cost us. The boys up top could have put the game out of reach long before they had scored in my opinion.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #622: Feb 04, 2015 10:38:59 pm

For the people who haven't seen it yet.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #623: Feb 04, 2015 10:40:57 pm
      Says who? When you have Lucas in there you can pigeon hole him as the defensive player and then his partner (be it Henderson or Stevie) can naturally play a little further forward at times. But tonight when there is no Lucas we saw two players who played fairly conservatively, kept the shape of the team together and kept things ticking over. Sometimes Gerrard was a deeper, other times it was Allen. The days of Stevie bursting past players and travelling long distances with the ball are long gone  so it's unfair to ask him to do it BUT he was fairly solid tonight, he made runs beyond the forwards at times and did his share of marking, tracking and tackling.

Maybe you misread my post, We have been playing with one DM recently.

I saw it like Gerrard mainly in front of Allen and occasionally they overlapped.
      Too be fair to expect Allen to provide the forward thrust from midfield that's not going to happen however for Gerrard that's bread and butter but at his age doing that for 90mins.........Ummh

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #624: Feb 04, 2015 10:41:51 pm
      I don't care what the stats say.

Him and Gerrard were a world away from what Hendo and Lucas have been for us.

I'm not saying they should be first choice, but to call a performance bad when it is clear they did the job they needed to do is bizarre.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #625: Feb 04, 2015 10:42:15 pm
      I don't care what the stats say.

Him and Gerrard were a world away from what Hendo and Lucas have been for us.

Yeah unfortunately both were a bit less than average.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #626: Feb 04, 2015 10:44:21 pm

For the people who haven't seen it yet.
      He looks like a priest handing out the communion bread .

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #627: Feb 04, 2015 10:50:35 pm

Maybe you misread my post, We have been playing with one DM recently.

I saw it like Gerrard mainly in front of Allen and occasionally they overlapped.
      Too be fair to expect Allen to provide the forward thrust from midfield that's not going to happen however for Gerrard that's bread and butter but at his age doing that for 90mins.........Ummh

We have and we haven't, Henderson has still been playing fairly close to Lucas, they are for much of the time quite a flat midfield and we haven't see Henderson bursting past the forward all that often (not nearly as often as in a 4-3-3), for the most part he gets it, gives it. The attacking thrust of the team hasn't been coming from our central-two since we switched to this formation, it has all come from the 3 lads playing further forward and tonight was no different as far as I could see.
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2015 11:11:06 pm by Scottbot »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #628: Feb 04, 2015 10:56:42 pm
      On we go :)! Now bring on the blue sh*te!!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #629: Feb 04, 2015 10:57:04 pm
      Utterly filthy team were Bolton. Would have been f**king furious if Liverpool had lost that. Hacking, lunging, leading with the arms tw*ts the lot of them and the referee happily waved them on like the tw*t he was tonight. And as for that diving little sh*t - f**k him. Devil spawn the lot of them. I guess that is how Lennon's Celtic beat Barcelona. No intelligence to his teams play at all. Go and feed your team on a diet of fish and chips just like you did at Celtic. Yeah that's right - f**k off and goodbye and good luck trying to get out of the championship with that remedial, prehistoric sh*te what you call football.

Other than that, how do you rate Bolton's performance tonight? :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #630: Feb 04, 2015 10:57:17 pm
      We have and we haven't, Henderson has still been playing fairly close to Lucas, they are for much of the time quite a flat midfield and we haven't see Henderson bursting past the forward all that often (not nearly as often as in a 4-3-3), for the most part he gets it, gives it. The attacking thrust of the team hasn't been coming from our central-two since we switched to this formation, it has all come from the 3 lads playing further forward and tonight was different as far as I could see.

Just goes to show how peeps see things differently, where I have noticed Hendo providing the forward thrust when required and Lucas the defensive shield but of course it's always fluid and they have shifted.

PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #631: Feb 04, 2015 10:59:25 pm
      Mignolet-7
      Can-8
      Skrtel-6.5
      Sakho-7
      Markovic-6
      Gerrard-6
      Allen-6
      Moreno-6
      Lallana-6.5
      Coutinho-8.5
      Sterling-7.5

Henderson-6.5
      Borini-6
      Sturridge-6
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #632: Feb 04, 2015 11:05:08 pm
      This touch from Hendo

Ssshhhhhiiittttt

https://vine.co/v/OF6jvZl1mEH
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #633: Feb 04, 2015 11:06:05 pm
      Been saying for months that Can should be part of the 3 with Lucas & Hendo , he bossed it in there tonight,

I believe Brendan knows Can will be part of his midfield and is just biding his time until Stevie goes,

Relieved we got thru, was much tougher than I imagined but we didn't help ourselves tbf,

Never a pen for me, slo mo shows no contact which was quite ironic cos the ref seemed to have lost his(lenses)

World class pass from Emre , cool finish from Raheem, then the genius that is our little magician, what a player we have in Coutinho, might start calling him the puppet master , for he certainly pulls all the strings right now,

I'm made up he signed that 5 year deal , just hope there's a £95m buy out clause included.

Mediocre performance if I'm totally honest, we made it much harder than it should have been, but were through to meet palace next.

Well done lads got there in the end.
      Incidentally, I didn't realise the draw had already been made before tonight, Duh ! But I'm blaming you lot , why didn't you say Barstewards !

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #634: Feb 04, 2015 11:08:05 pm
      Been saying for months that Can should be part of the 3 with Lucas & Hendo , he bossed it in there tonight,

I believe Brendan knows Can will be part of his midfield and is just biding his time until Stevie goes,

I agree but also think Emre can do that from the back three and gives him the whole game ahead of him.

Even when we play 4 3 3 the deepest midfielder at times is almost in the back three so it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #635: Feb 04, 2015 11:10:49 pm
      Utterly filthy team were Bolton. Would have been f**king furious if Liverpool had lost that. Hacking, lunging, leading with the arms tw*ts the lot of them and the referee happily waved them on like the tw*t he was tonight. And as for that diving little sh*t - f**k him. Devil spawn the lot of them. I guess that is how Lennon's Celtic beat Barcelona. No intelligence to his teams play at all. Go and feed your team on a diet of fish and chips just like you did at Celtic. Yeah that's right - f**k off and goodbye and good luck trying to get out of the championship with that remedial, prehistoric sh*te what you call football.
      That's a little bit harsh on Bolton and Lennon , they played to their strengths and on both occasions they frustrated us .

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #636: Feb 04, 2015 11:11:55 pm
      Just goes to show how peeps see things differently, where I have noticed Hendo providing the forward thrust when required and Lucas the defensive shield but of course it's always fluid and they have shifted.

Yeah It's a game of a opinions dude  8)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #637: Feb 04, 2015 11:19:01 pm
      Deserved win for a never say die attitude, very soft penalty given by the ref. But the lads never gave up, great goal by Coutinhio and not a bad effort for an equaliser by Sterling. Can certainly looked a power house when moving up into midfield. Gerrard didn't do himself justice in his 700th game for the club, whilst Mignolet has certainly found new confidence, which should give the defence a welcome boost.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #638: Feb 04, 2015 11:22:51 pm
      Yeah It's a game of a opinions dude  8)

:gt-happyup:

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #639: Feb 04, 2015 11:25:44 pm
      I agree but also think Emre can do that from the back three and gives him the whole game ahead of him.

Even when we play 4 3 3 the deepest midfielder at times is almost in the back three so it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment.

Yep with you there mate, the pieces of the jigsaw are coming together nicely, we just need to rid ourselves of the dross then add 2-3 top quality ready to run born winners, do that and we can conquer the world.

YNWA

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #640: Feb 04, 2015 11:30:23 pm
      No one mentioned if Lallana was injured again or was it tactical.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #641: Feb 04, 2015 11:40:29 pm

He's not a Jordy mate, he's a Mackem, he'd be Mortified if he heard you calling him that, the rivalry between the Mackems and the Jordy's is a bit like us and the bitters. :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #642: Feb 04, 2015 11:57:41 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

You left out something.

With 15 minutes to go, they were giving up opportunities to score in order to go to the corner flag. Absolutely hate that gimmick. They did the same with 5 minutes to go. 30 seconds later, the ball was in the net.

:lmao:

Another 20 opportunities  at the opposition goal. Thankfully 2 eventually went in. Now off to correct some recent results at Palace in the next round.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #643: Feb 05, 2015 12:09:48 am
      After watching the last few games I can see Can and Sakho captain and vice, swap either way you want in the future.

Quick Reply