Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      61 (46.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      58 (44.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      5 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fabio Borini
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration

Read 44088 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration
      Reply #644: Feb 05, 2015 12:12:38 am
      Did anyone here noticed that when Gerrard moved further up the pitch, a lot of the play went through him rather than Coutinho? I thought Coutinho was having a great game until the sending off, then he became less effective and not utilised as often as he should have been.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #645: Feb 05, 2015 12:21:12 am
      Did anyone here noticed that when Gerrard moved further up the pitch, a lot of the play went through him rather than Coutinho? I thought Coutinho was having a great game until the sending off, then he became less effective and not utilised as often as he should have been.

Only until the German Panzer told Stevie to stand aside......... 8)

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #646: Feb 05, 2015 01:01:33 am
      Only until the German Panzer told Stevie to stand aside......... 8)

Serious. Did you see how Stevie often times was standing just next to Can and simply gave him the ball so he could go and create. Bit of a passing of the torch there if you squint a bit. :)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #647: Feb 05, 2015 01:08:29 am
      I think this MOTM poll needs to be multiple choice because both Can and Coutinho where epic tonight and both are going from strength to strength the more they play.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #648: Feb 05, 2015 01:29:30 am
      We are only going to get better and better ,the youngsters  are playing some magnificent football just lacking the goals the football warrants,a tweak here and there and we will be unstoppable
      Can, Couts, Raheem ,Lazar,Adam Lallana and Mamadou Sakho have come on leaps and bounds in the last month or so ,maybe the first Chelsea game took them to a new level,bring on the Blue sh*te .

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Mon The Reds
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #649: Feb 05, 2015 01:52:07 am

That moment was a jaw dropper for me.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #650: Feb 05, 2015 02:17:45 am

If that was Countinho people would be jizzing all over themselves

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #651: Feb 05, 2015 04:29:47 am
      That moment was a jaw dropper for me.

Definitely a F**k you Fed moment from Hendo there...could almost make that out on his lips.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #652: Feb 05, 2015 05:18:31 am
      He's not a Jordy mate, he's a Mackem, he'd be Mortified if he heard you calling him that, the rivalry between the Mackems and the Jordy's is a bit like us and the bitters. :)

I think the Jordy Reference is to his first name and not to his origins RLB,  its Jordy not Geordie!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #653: Feb 05, 2015 06:05:46 am
      That was a hard earned win to put us through to the next round, that Clough might be young but he has learned the dirty tricks of the trade quick. Regarding M.O.M I thought we should recognise3 players but unfortunately the poll does not cater for more than one. My 3 players (all worthy and equal imo) were Can, Coutinho and that little grafter Raheem,
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #654: Feb 05, 2015 07:24:35 am
      7 points in the prediction league. Great night all round.
      luckylane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #655: Feb 05, 2015 08:01:16 am
      Ooh how I love a last gasp winner. Well in lads ! Coots amazing goal. Sterling steady composed finish an can you da man. Could never understand why you didn't get a game early on in season but in hindsight think it's given him the hunger ! Brilliant performance..!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #656: Feb 05, 2015 08:22:16 am
      Suarez must have won about 10 penalties in a similar way. I thought it was a clumsy challenge and a pen meself

There was no contact. And even if there had been, it's a contact sport supposedly. It was a blatant dive pure and simple.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Live: Bolton V Liverpool (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)
      Reply #657: Feb 05, 2015 08:55:02 am
      Why do they target Emre? Have they not seen his size?

In England, you usually go for the big lad first, if you know what I mean.  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #658: Feb 05, 2015 09:00:42 am
      After watching the last few games I can see Can and Sakho captain and vice, swap either way you want in the future.

Emre Can should have never been dropped after Madrid and Chelsea.  It's clear to me that he was dropped so we could keep Gerrard in the team at a time they were offering him a new deal.  It was a clear indication of some of the poor political team choices being made up until December.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #659: Feb 05, 2015 09:35:04 am
      No doubt we outplayed them,we are the best team since mid december. The key to further success depends on sturridges fitness,we could be top 4 if he keeps fit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #660: Feb 05, 2015 09:55:46 am
      Emre Can should have never been dropped after Madrid and Chelsea.  It's clear to me that he was dropped so we could keep Gerrard in the team at a time they were offering him a new deal.  It was a clear indication of some of the poor political team choices being made up until December.

Bang on. His performance vs Chelsea at the time was better than anything we saw up to that point in midfield.

Since Stevie has announced he is leaving, Brendan has definitely looked to usher him out of the team. To my sadness and reluctant admission...it is for the better. But i cant blame anyone for wedging Stevie in to a first XI - i know i wouldnt have the balls to leave him on the bench most games.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #661: Feb 05, 2015 10:52:05 am
      Thought it was going to be one of those days again until they went down to 10 men, then there was only ever going to be one winner.

Toss up between Coutinho and Can for MOTM, but gave it to the magician for his winning goal.

Bring on those divvys down the road now. Expecting us to go there and win 3-0.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #662: Feb 05, 2015 11:26:58 am
      No doubt we outplayed them,we are the best team since mid december. The key to further success depends on sturridges fitness,we could be top 4 if he keeps fit.

We're the only team unbeaten over 90 mins in all competitions this year.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #663: Feb 05, 2015 11:29:43 am

does ET count as losing in stats? Losing on Pens doesnt and is coulnted as a draw in the record books
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #664: Feb 05, 2015 11:33:25 am
      does ET count as losing in stats? Losing on Pens doesnt and is coulnted as a draw in the record books

We lost to the Chav's in ET which I covered by saying 90mins and if we'd lost on pens it meant we'd have drawn after 90mins hence still unbeaten.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #665: Feb 05, 2015 11:51:01 am

Currently joint top form team across Europe,
      ahead of Barcelona and Real Madrid.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #666: Feb 05, 2015 12:04:36 pm
      Currently joint top form team across Europe,
      ahead of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Not conceded a goal in open play since the one against the Wombles either !

Quick Reply