Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      61 (46.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      58 (44.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      5 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fabio Borini
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration

Read 43738 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration
      Reply #667: Feb 05, 2015 12:28:16 pm
      Not conceded a goal in open play since the one against the Wombles either !

Can and Sakho to the rescue.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #668: Feb 05, 2015 01:03:14 pm
      Never in doubt ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #669: Feb 05, 2015 01:08:56 pm
      Three months ago we would have lost that game.

Our winning mentality is back!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #670: Feb 05, 2015 01:21:16 pm
      I have to mention the referee and say he must have had a Bolton shirt on under his ref one how many times did he let Bolton kick the sh*te out of Sterling and Coutinho and others then give free kicks to Bolton for perfectly good tackles oh and one pen which wasn't a pen if you watch Skrtel's leg he put his foot down without a touch of the others foot, no pen, very poor by the guy in black although Skrtel's movement made the refs mind up, I wish he would stop his occasional rush of blood to his head if he cut out his rashness he would be better than a good defender he would be a very good defender.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #671: Feb 05, 2015 01:49:11 pm
      Got a bit lucky! But it's a win and that's what counts.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #672: Feb 05, 2015 03:02:19 pm
      Still buzzing from that win. I know it's Bolton, but they're actually really difficult to beat, especially at the Reebok.

I had that sinking feeling towards the end that everything was working against us. Hit the woodwork three times, the terrible refereeing, the saves from their keeper...two months ago, that games was a gonner. We were the far better team, and we  deserved to win. It would have been another clean sheet for Migs had it not been for the d1cksplash of a referee, but really liked our movement, our passing, the solid defending apart from one or two naive moments and the general persistence.

Made up for Couts for getting the winner, he's our little magician that's on the way to rivalling Silva and Hazard as the best midfielders in the country IMHO. He gets my MOTM vote, but gotta say, Can got mighty close again - what an assist.

Special mention to the referee - you absolute baffoon, pick another profession that requires absolutely no position of responsibility. In fact, nothing that even vaguely represents a referee (that includes all professions requiring a uniform or a whistle). You are an incompetent piece of sh1t and a disgrace to your profession, a profession might I add, that is already an embarassment, so its saying something.

Well done lads, really good performance and a crackiing pair of goals.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #673: Feb 05, 2015 03:21:54 pm
      Thought it was amazing that Neil Lennon made a comment about the ref being rubbish. Said he should't have given Danns the first yellow.

First off, the penalty was a dive, secondly, the second yellow could and probably should have been a straight red anyway.

What is Lennon smoking?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #674: Feb 05, 2015 03:53:31 pm
      Thought it was amazing that Neil Lennon made a comment about the ref being rubbish. Said he should't have given Danns the first yellow.
      discredit
      First off, the penalty was a dive, secondly, the second yellow could and probably should have been a straight red anyway.

What is Lennon smoking?

Just bullshitting to deflect any implied doubt as to his coaching capabilities.
      The bag of sh*te he coaches was there for all to see on national TV, it's more a case of Lennon hoping the viewing public are stoned and give his comment any credit whatever.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #675: Feb 05, 2015 04:58:56 pm
      The bag of sh*te he coaches was there for all to see on national TV

Mate, I get tough tackling and wanting to be hard to beat, but some of the challenges were downright dangerous, and the persistent fouling of Coutinho and Sterling were deliberately targeting our creativity. That the ref did f*** all about it was the real travesty, absolute shambles. You can take Fat Sam out of Bolton but...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #676: Feb 05, 2015 05:01:59 pm

What is Lennon smoking?

if you had followed him at Celtic then you wouldn't be surprised
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #677: Feb 05, 2015 05:08:29 pm
      if you had followed him at Celtic then you wouldn't be surprised

Absolute F***ing gobs***e of a man.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #678: Feb 05, 2015 09:03:02 pm
      Got a bit lucky! But it's a win and that's what counts.
      k.k.
      wouldn't call that lucky KK. The pen was a dive, we hit the bar or post three times and finished with two great strikes. The ref should have been summonsed for aiding and abetting common assault, and Lennon should be charged  for pimping a gang of thugs.
      Also, playing against 10 is usually harder than 11, especially when they are ahead, as they generally park the bus. With which they didn't  dissappoint. The only wee bit of luck we had was Gudjohnsons missed header. Pretty much in control for both games I thought.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #679: Feb 05, 2015 09:51:45 pm
      Mate, I get tough tackling and wanting to be hard to beat, but some of the challenges were downright dangerous, and the persistent fouling of Coutinho and Sterling were deliberately targeting our creativity. That the ref did f*** all about it was the real travesty, absolute shambles. You can take Fat Sam out of Bolton but...

Agree mate..
      Lennon is an arrogant little pr**k and you could see that once he realised that Coutihno and Lallana were running the show he shuffled his tactics to take them out of the game !!.

What a player Can is proving himself to be...that pin point pass for Sterlings goal had Molby & McDermott written all over it...

Made up we finished it in normal time.. That young lad Clough had a good game for them, one for the future..

Coutinho edged MOTM for me, his skill is a joy to watch and as Danny Murphy said he just needs to add more goals to his tally now..and what better way to start !!..

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #680: Feb 05, 2015 11:01:32 pm
      k.k.
      wouldn't call that lucky KK. The pen was a dive, we hit the bar or post three times and finished with two great strikes. The ref should have been summonsed for aiding and abetting common assault, and Lennon should be charged  for pimping a gang of thugs.
      Also, playing against 10 is usually harder than 11, especially when they are ahead, as they generally park the bus. With which they didn't  dissappoint. The only wee bit of luck we had was Gudjohnsons missed header. Pretty much in control for both games I thought.

But our goals came late on...therefore we were very fortunate as time was running out
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #681: Feb 06, 2015 04:01:43 am
      would be lying if i said i wasnt worried and expected a win.  i jumped for joy when sterling scored. 

the team now is at least moving the ball up the field.  and doing this as a unit with different pieces making the deep run.  sometjmes moreno.. sometimes can.. sometimes hendo.. gerrard.. it puts the opposition in a really tough spot to be able to handle this.  boltons goalie is really pretty good and motm goes to the woodwork for stopping three huge shots.

motm on the liverpool side for me is can.  this guy is class and his physical play combined with skill will only propel him upwards.  along with cou, sturridge , sterling, hendo, i am really like this.  markovic i believe has quality but he is still kinda rough around the edges.

either way lets keep the wins coming lads! 

Quick Reply