Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre-Match - Everton v Liverpool Sat 7th Feb 17:30 Kick Off

Read 11247 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre-Match - Everton v Liverpool Sat 7th Feb 17:30 Kick Off
      Reply #23: Feb 06, 2015 07:03:52 am
      Bit of advice for our lads, think of Goodison Park as Wembley  and we will certainly win.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #24: Feb 06, 2015 07:49:00 am
      Start Sturridge and let him get a couple of early goals and take the wind out of Everton. Take him off in the second half if necessary. No more resting players we have got to start with our strongest 11 every game.

Quite right mate.

Frankly, if Stevie starts, that to me will say Brendan is playing him out of sentiment and not through form. He was simply woeful at times against Bolton with his wayward passes, shots and corners.

If we're 3-1 and dominating the game, by all means, bring him on for his final hurrah and fu*k yous against the Blue noses.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #25: Feb 06, 2015 07:52:51 am
      The real battle for 4th place begins now, this very moment. Win and spuds loose we climb one spot higher to 6th spot. Between 3rd and 7th placing is only a mere 5 points and it's definitely doable, but we have to be ruthless in this final run in. Getting to Wembley remains a priority while finishing at 3rd or 4th is also an important priority, if not more.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #26: Feb 06, 2015 09:24:31 am
      This for me is the biggest game of the season.  Forget United.  I LOVE beating these dickheads.

I get it in the ear constantly at work about last season, or the CL from blues in our shadow.

They seem to forget they are a small club when this one comes along.

1-3 for us in an easy overall win.

They'll score in the first 20
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #27: Feb 06, 2015 09:38:23 am
      This for me is the biggest game of the season.  Forget United.  I LOVE beating these dickheads.

I get it in the ear constantly at work about last season, or the CL from blues in our shadow.

They seem to forget they are a small club when this one comes along.

1-3 for us in an easy overall win.

They'll score in the first 20

as an East Londoner (Essex boy now  :f_tongueincheek:) I'll never have the passion for this fixture as I do for the utd game. You can go into most pubs down here and find at least one Utd fan, you'll stuggle to EVER find a blue-nose at work, pub or anywhere.

That said, I hope we win and win well. Goal difference is very important so I hope we attack and keep attacking even if we're up by 2 or 3...

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #28: Feb 06, 2015 10:32:27 am
      This best defensive line we've had for quite some time.

Keep it going boys.

Monsters.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #29: Feb 06, 2015 10:34:45 am
      Mignolet

Can     Skrtel     Sakho

Lallana     Lucas     Henderson     Moreno

Coutinho     Sterling

Sturridge

A mix of what i think will happen and what i hope will happen.

I think we could see Sturridge start on the bench and Raheem up top with Stevie in behind. Either way, the form guide goes out the window and anything can happen. I still expect us to win though.

Lallana can't play wing back mate he doesn't have the pace or strength to perform this role.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #30: Feb 06, 2015 10:39:37 am
      Think Stevie is going all out on this one. Huge game for him and I fancy him getting a brace.

Super pumped up!
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #31: Feb 06, 2015 10:40:18 am
      Mignolet

Can     Skrtel     Sakho

Lallana     Lucas     Henderson     Moreno

Coutinho     Sterling

Sturridge

A mix of what i think will happen and what i hope will happen.

I think we could see Sturridge start on the bench and Raheem up top with Stevie in behind. Either way, the form guide goes out the window and anything can happen. I still expect us to win though.

Bang on with whats going to happen... theres no way on Gods Earth that Gerrard WONT start....

oh and I think Manquillo will start instead of Lallana and Markovic
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #32: Feb 06, 2015 11:45:54 am
      So pumped up for this, the bitters are due a proper spanking after what happened earlier in the season.

Gerrard will start, there's no two ways about it. Hope he doesn't end his derby days the way he started them though. Mind you, wouldn't mind him getting sent off for punching Jagielka in the face.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #33: Feb 06, 2015 11:55:22 am
      Gerrard will start but he really shouldn't be. Doesn't get in our strongest team anymore. What I'd do:

Mignolet; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Ibe, Lucas, Henderson, Moreno; Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge.

But as people mentioned before me, Sturridge will probably be on the bench and Gerrard will start with Raheem up top.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Feb 06, 2015 12:20:41 pm
      So pumped up for this, the bitters are due a proper spanking after what happened earlier in the season.

Gerrard will start, there's no two ways about it. Hope he doesn't end his derby days the way he started them though. Mind you, wouldn't mind him getting sent off for punching Jagielka in the face.

Would rather he did Mirallas personally.
      Another Everton thug who gets away with far too much, just as fellatio did (and still does when he plays)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #35: Feb 06, 2015 12:46:02 pm
      Would rather he did Mirallas personally.
      Another Everton thug who gets away with far too much, just as fellatio did (and still does when he plays)

Oh aye, he's a piece of sh1t alright. Either one would make my day.

;D @ fellatio. He's right up there along with Ramires and Costa as the most disgusting footballer in the country.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #36: Feb 06, 2015 12:49:08 pm
      Can be pretty sure that Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard, Moreno, Coutinho and Sterling will all start.
      Final player though could really derail the system. All comes down to the fitness of Markovic.

Best case would possibly be Markovic on the right, Gerrard and Cout behind Sterling - Just like we did in both Chelsea games.
      Otherwise we could see one of Ibe, Lallana, Manquillo, Sterling or Henderson on the right. Really don't fancy moving Henderson to the right though, we seen against Leicester that a sitting 2 of Gerrard and Lucas just gets walked over and I'd rather have 60 mins of Gerrard getting further forward than 90 minutes of Hollywood balls and losing his man in the holding role.

I'm thinking more and more that it could be Ibe, has been spoken about quite alot by Brendan since he came back, even more so this week and he also spoke about the young players having derby experience (Ibe for Derby v Forest). Lallana has been off form of late, and certainly on the right-wing isn't his best position. Hoping we don't play Sterling on the right as it limits him going forward as much as we'd like, although that would probably mean that Sturridge starts.

Then again if Brendan see's Mirallas and Baines as too much of a threat down our right then he may go for a more defensive player like Manquillo or even Johnson. Woulnd't mind Manquillo personally, doesn't offer loads going forward but a sure enough defender.

For me I don't think Sturridge starts, I can see him coming on in the 2nd half for Gerrard, although this obviously comes down to game situations. Then start him against Spurs on Tuesday.

I'd go with...
                                               Mignolet
                                     Can       Skrtel    Sakho
                      Markovic/Ibe  Henderson  Lucas  Moreno
                                           Gerrard  Coutinho
                                                  Sterling

Ward; Johnson, Lovren; Allen, Lallana; Sturridge, Lambert. (If Markovic starts, Ibe on the bench instead of Lovren).

Everton always struggle with pace and whilst they like to have a lot of the ball, especially at home, if we keep pressuring them then I'm sure we will come out on top. I think we can more than cope with them defensively, it just comes down to if we can take our chances.
      2-0 I think, Sterling and a late penalty to seal it from Gerrard.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #37: Feb 06, 2015 12:52:24 pm
      Gerrard will start but he really shouldn't be. Doesn't get in our strongest team anymore. What I'd do:

Mignolet; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Ibe, Lucas, Henderson, Moreno; Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge.

But as people mentioned before me, Sturridge will probably be on the bench and Gerrard will start with Raheem up top.

Disagree with this.

Throughout the years he has proven reliable in a derby, scored some crucial goals and led by example. We desperately need him tomorrow.

The likes of Henderson haven't proven man enough in these big games yet for me and he could do with somebody like Stevie holding his hand.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38: Feb 06, 2015 12:56:42 pm
      Oh aye, he's a piece of sh1t alright. Either one would make my day.

;D @ fellatio. He's right up there along with Ramires and Costa as the most disgusting footballer in the country.

Best way to get back at them is to give them a F***ing hammering.
      0-5 would do, although the reality is I expect a much tighter game.

We're the form team, 3 more points however we get them, and then onwards and upwards
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Feb 06, 2015 01:30:18 pm
                                           Migs

Can              Skrtel            Sakho
      Markovic              Lucas          Hendo                 Moreno

Sterling                                Coutinho
                                         Sturridge

Would not start SG, Allen, Lallana. If Markovic injured, DON'T stick Hendo back there, we need him in the middle, maybe use Manquillo. If Lucas out, then start SG.
      Big game. Expect it to be tight. Need to keep the 3 pts rolling in...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #40: Feb 06, 2015 01:46:10 pm
      Gerrard has to start. He is the derby.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: Feb 06, 2015 01:53:16 pm
      Gerrard remains a liability, I'd maybe bring him on for the last 20 minutes if we are comfortable which I predict we will be.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #42: Feb 06, 2015 01:56:05 pm

:D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #43: Feb 06, 2015 02:04:29 pm

;D, what a miserable man. Will fit right in at Everton.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #44: Feb 06, 2015 04:35:58 pm
      Can't wait for this one should be a cracker with the atmosphere cranked up a few notches with a 5.30 kick off.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Feb 06, 2015 04:37:39 pm
      ;D, what a miserable man. Will fit right in at Everton.

Wouldn't you be if you got told to stand in front of an empty trophy cabinet :D? One of the things that used to piss me off about him was when he had slits in his eyebrows at like 26 years of age!

Quick Reply