Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      9 (9.5%)
      Can
      20 (21.1%)
      Skrtel
      20 (21.1%)
      Sakho
      1 (1.1%)
      Ibe
      36 (37.9%)
      Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.1%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      3 (3.2%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      3 (3.2%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Everton 0:0 Liverpool, In game and post match debate.

Read 45603 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Everton 0:0 Liverpool, In game and post match debate.
      Reply #506: Feb 07, 2015 08:19:51 pm
      Man, I wish that Ibe strike had gone in.
      What a thunderbastard of a strike.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #507: Feb 07, 2015 08:22:48 pm
      I'm surprised our game is as high as 5th.

Worst Derby is trending, oh dear!

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Worst%20Derby%22&src=tren&lang=en-gb
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #508: Feb 07, 2015 08:29:40 pm
      Can we break teams down without Coutinho? Will this become the norm now for other teams to nullify us - by hacking him down?
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #509: Feb 07, 2015 08:30:56 pm
      It's unanimous then , the worst Derby ever .

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #510: Feb 07, 2015 08:31:53 pm
      Can we break teams down without Coutinho? Will this become the norm now for other teams to nullify us - by hacking him down?

It's why we need that special 2nd striker come summer!

Last season we had Coutinho and Suarez as the main creative players, but now... it's only Coutinho.
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #511: Feb 07, 2015 08:32:24 pm

Sadly, unless referees protect players, this is what will happen.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #512: Feb 07, 2015 08:42:04 pm
      Solid play from Skrtel, Mignolet and Canl, Ibe showed signs of being a really useful player, but the midfield let us down in a big way. Rather than leave out Gerrard from the beginning, I just wonder whether the better decision wouldn't have been leaving Allen out and moving Can into midfield to help supply us with some of the drive/creativity we needed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #513: Feb 07, 2015 08:42:26 pm
      Spurs on Tuesday is now a must win game if we are to stay in contention for a Top 4 place.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #514: Feb 07, 2015 08:45:05 pm
      Spurs on Tuesday is now a must win game if we are to stay in contention for a Top 4 place.

Totally agree but on todays performances of both sides I'm a little worried !
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #515: Feb 07, 2015 08:46:49 pm
      Match of the Day
      THE RUNNING ORDER

1. Tottenham v Arsenal
      2. Aston Villa v Chelsea
      3. Man City v Hull
      4. QPR v Southampton
      5. Everton v Liverpool
      6. Leicester v Crystal Palace
      7. Swansea v Sunderland

Since when did QPR vs Soton become a bigger game than the Merseyside derby?

MOTM has had us way down the bottom of the roster for ages now. Agenda going on?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #516: Feb 07, 2015 08:47:34 pm
      So disappointing not to win. I still think we deserved 3 points because we did all the attacking, creating and controlled the game, but this game was an indication of how much we rely on Coutinho. When he's on form, he makes everything happen in the middle of the field. Without his creativity,we do struggle to break down horrible teams like Everton parking the bus.

I thought Can, Skrtl and Sakho were solid apart from one or two nervous moments. Can in particular is probably our most assured and consistent player alongside Coutinho. Great game for Ibe as well, and good to see Studge looking strong and sharp.

We had this problem of breaking teams down that get 10 men behind the ball last season, and we still haven't found the answer. Gutted not to win.

Everton thugs got away with a few very nasty challenges as per usual - cheers ref you absolute buffoon. It was still up to us to win it and we failed. Spurs is an absolute must win now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #517: Feb 07, 2015 08:50:28 pm
      Real shame Lambert could not put the chance away towards the end and if only Moreno had a right foot....!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #518: Feb 07, 2015 08:54:08 pm
      Everyone bashing Allen.... He is poor at the best of times BUT... hes not match fit, hes a DM and we didnt concede, he was subbed in so had to get to grips with the mediocrity fast, he is a sub par back up player....Had an ok game.

Hendo came good 2nd half but was ok only on the day. Loved him sticking it to Naismith. Hate that pr**k... Proper Captain sh*t charging over to pounce on the person who chopped the newbie... Loved it.

Gave skrtel MOTM. Saved our bacon from a few dodgy moments. Sakho was poor but wasnt helped by the passes to him and the fact that he was being targetted, but again we didnt concede so wasnt too bad a CB performance.

Gerrard is passed it. Legend, love the man, best player for us ever, now hindering the team. All the best, love you to bits but 90mins in this team has passed your ability.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #519: Feb 07, 2015 08:56:48 pm
      My Micky ratings:

Mignolet: I thought this was his best performance of the season. There was one really excellent save off Coleman, and numerous other occasions when he was the commanding keeper we've all been crying out for. You could hear him too, and even his kicking wasn't ridiculous for the most part. 7/10.

Can: Continues to develop apace. He will eventually become a midfielder, but I thought it was the correct move from the boss to keep him in defence when Lucas went off. He can burst onto the scene from there just as well, and my guess is that at this stage he'd lack the fleet of foot to be a really good holder. I'd encourage him to run with the ball more as he's excellent at it, as well as having a crack whenever the mood takes him. Excellent performance again though today. 7/10.

Skrtel: Absolutely faultless display from surely the most improved centre half in the division. MOM for me. 8/10.

Sakho: Everton did a reasonably good job of isolating him in posession, and his confidence flowed away a little. He's going through a slightly dodgy spell is Sakho after an excellent six weeks. I still feel he should be less afraid of launching it if he is really pressed. 6/10.

Ibe: Was excellent throughout. He may not end up being a fullback, but for now he'll do for me. Did enough to get a run in the team IMHO. 8/10.

Moreno: Aside from one or two of his trademark brainless moments was solid enough. I still think we aren't using his afterburner pace nearly enough, and I'd have him bombing on more (Zabaleta style). 6/10.

Lucas: Not on for long enough to get a mark really.

Henderson: Not bad but lacking a bit of bravery in posession, which was a regress into his mode earlier in the season. He's at his best in my view when he truly goes box to box. 6/10.

Gerrard: Poor aside from one or two little moments which could have led to something. Looks a little lacking in sharpness to me at the moment, possibly carrying a slight injury. 6/10.

Sterling: Caused problems but is either infuriatingly greedy on occasions or completely lacking in vision and awareness. Young players are like that (indeed young people are like that, in any job) but it'll be better for us, him and whoever eventually buys him off us if he gets the hang of things sooner rather than later. 6/10. 

Coutinho: Was dished out some fairly heavy treatment from the yard dogs. Resisted the temptation (unfortunately) to get McCarthey sent off when the Everton man tugged him back after already being booked, but did produce the pass of the match to get Sterling in behind. He'll have better days, hopefully starting on Tuesday. That was no doubt the consideration when taking him and Sterling off. 7/10.

Subs:

Allen: Depressingly bad. Offered little either offensively or defensively, and had the "little boy lost" look about him on occasions. My guess is that Joe is entering his final few months as a Liverpool player. 5/10.

Lambert: Had a half chance of Gerrards clever little nudge but didn't catch it. Another who is in the latter stages of his "dream move", but nobody tries harder at least you've got to give him that. 5/10. 
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #520: Feb 07, 2015 08:56:51 pm
      Im just worried that Lucas will be out for a long time. Even 2 games will completely feck up our season. We are better with him in the team. Need him badly.
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #521: Feb 07, 2015 08:56:52 pm
      Totally agree but on todays performances of both sides I'm a little worried !

I agree, not feeling too confident of getting 4th after that!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #522: Feb 07, 2015 08:59:54 pm
      how is that the worst derby ever? Was everyone born in 1998 or something?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #523: Feb 07, 2015 09:01:10 pm
      I just don't get the Allen was shocking, he came on for Lucas as DM, we bossed the midfield and they only had one effort on goal and for the  last time Allen is not the fulcrum of our attacking play!!!

Henderson and Gerrard don't turn up and Allen gets the sh*t............WTF......
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #524: Feb 07, 2015 09:02:50 pm
      I just don't get the Allen was shocking, he came on for Lucas as DM, we bossed the midfield and they only had one effort on goal and for the  last time Allen is not the fulcrum of our attacking play!!!

Henderson and Gerrard don't turn up and Allen gets the sh*t............WTF......

The people who were saying he was shocking, had that already wrote before we came on....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #525: Feb 07, 2015 09:03:13 pm
      I agree, not feeling too confident of getting 4th after that!

I'm not Spurs won't come and park the bus like the Bitters, and Gerrard more likely won't start.

Fingers crossed Coutinho is fit.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #526: Feb 07, 2015 09:08:27 pm
      I'm not Spurs won't come and park the bus like the Bitters, and Gerrard more likely won't start.

Fingers crossed Coutinho is fit.

I dont think Coutinho was injured. He looked pissed off when he got the call. All the more frustrating.

Think BR and the MF were at fault for us dropping the points.

1 more gripe.... wish Raheem had a better left foot when he gets into that position. Always weak in the shot or cross. For a lad with skills, defenders shepherd him onto his left a lot.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #527: Feb 07, 2015 09:13:06 pm
      Not a great day for us. Everton were certainly more 'up for it' than us but I think we were the better team without creating too many clear cut openings. There was a spell at the start of the second half where we looked like getting a goal and going on to win it but it fizzled out as soon as Coutinho came off.

Ibe was very good and surely has to get a run of games now. Markovic has done F**k all since the Sunderland game and I don't want to see us shift Hendo out to the right side. Gerrard was never in the game, quite sad to watch really.

Put a lot more pressure on ourselves in the next few games now, Spurs is surely a must win.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #528: Feb 07, 2015 09:13:30 pm
      Real shame Lambert could not put the chance away towards the end and if only Moreno had a right foot....!

A couple of occasions in the second half where I wished he had a left foot too.

After that goal v's the Spuds I thought he had a sweet left foot on him, now I'm thinking he's got a club foot. ;D

Quick Reply