Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 316698 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #2875: Jun 28, 2015 03:36:18 pm
      STERLING A DONE DEAL?

Former Liverpool boss Roy Evans thinks the club have already agreed to sell Raheem Sterling to a club.

He is quoted in the Daily Star: “If you look at the transfer market and the way it has been with the amount of players Liverpool have bought, [Raheem Sterling’s sale] must be in the equation.

“I don’t think they would be spending the amount of money they have if they didn’t think Raheem Sterling was already a done deal to somewhere.”
      Source:skysports.com
      I dont know what to think about this...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #2876: Jun 28, 2015 03:40:45 pm
      STERLING A DONE DEAL?

Former Liverpool boss Roy Evans thinks the club have already agreed to sell Raheem Sterling to a club.

He is quoted in the Daily Star: “If you look at the transfer market and the way it has been with the amount of players Liverpool have bought, [Raheem Sterling’s sale] must be in the equation.

“I don’t think they would be spending the amount of money they have if they didn’t think Raheem Sterling was already a done deal to somewhere.”
      Source:skysports.com
      I dont know what to think about this...

It's pretty obvious our owners will only spend what we generate & Raheem's sale will generate plenty to cover our new acquisitions.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2877: Jun 28, 2015 03:42:45 pm
      It's pretty obvious our owners will only spend what we generate & Raheem's sale will generate plenty to cover our new acquisitions.

I dont have a problem with that,now when Firmino is here,Raheem can go wherever he wants,i said that long time ago.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2878: Jun 28, 2015 04:29:39 pm
      He won't do that Billy, he's invested a lot of money into his new Agency and is a main shareholder. 

I'd love to see him stay but he's arrived at this position a couple of years too soon for us to keep him long term, so if we get the required fee I think we'll let him go and hope that someone else can make the step up. 

Of course I'd absolutely love FSG to stand their ground if we don't get the right offer though, if their plan is to succeed we have to start acting like a big Club where nobody poaches our best players, except on our terms  ;D

Oh right, I wasn't aware it was his own agency Debs, that makes a lot of difference, can't disagree with the rest of your post, and you are right we have to start acting as major club and not be pushed around when it comes to selling our assets.

As far as the story from the 'star' goes I really don't see FSG spending monies that are yet to reach the coffers, jeez, their loath to spend money they have let alone money they don't, and why isn't the same story all over sky sports ?

YNWA
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2879: Jun 28, 2015 08:38:21 pm
      Sounds like some trumped up recently scrutinised reasons there.. And surprise surprise another fan who always knew he was sh*te..lolol. Orite mush.. Beg to differ and all that..
      You must have heard the words " Sterling is sh*te " being uttered from the stands mate and not just last season but the 2012-13 season ?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #2880: Jun 28, 2015 09:46:19 pm
      and why isn't the same story all over sky sports ?

Most likely because it's a load of bollocks

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2881: Jun 29, 2015 01:04:34 pm
      Strange how this final offer has not come in yet City really must be thinking about if he's actually worth it or could they get another young british player to sit on their bench for a lot less. Sterling is a talent but there are playes about who may have not reached the stats he has but would still be as affected for fraction of the cost
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2882: Jun 29, 2015 01:54:30 pm
      He won't do that Billy, he's invested a lot of money into his new Agency and is a main shareholder. 

I'd love to see him stay but he's arrived at this position a couple of years too soon for us to keep him long term, so if we get the required fee I think we'll let him go and hope that someone else can make the step up. 

Of course I'd absolutely love FSG to stand their ground if we don't get the right offer though, if their plan is to succeed we have to start acting like a big Club where nobody poaches our best players, except on our terms  ;D

I actually think it's better if he went now reddebs. I was of the same opinion as you a month ago and thought it's better to keep a quality player against all the odds than sell him, but his behaviour and presence has undermined the club hierarchy, the manager and will undoubtedly destabilise the team. Now we have bought in a bit of quality, with still room for one more top acquisition, I don't think his departure will affect us as much as it would have doen before Firmino's arrival.

Personally I'm furious at him for washing his dirty laundry so publicly, desrespecting the fans and the club, and for his lack of loyalty to a club that nurtured him into one of the best prospects in Europe. I would have still liked him to stay last month because I do think he is quality, but I fear his presence is doing more damage than good.

Goodbye, good riddance, hope he rots on the bench somewhere.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2883: Jun 29, 2015 02:26:13 pm
      I actually think it's better if he went now reddebs. I was of the same opinion as you a month ago and thought it's better to keep a quality player against all the odds than sell him, but his behaviour and presence has undermined the club hierarchy, the manager and will undoubtedly destabilise the team. Now we have bought in a bit of quality, with still room for one more top acquisition, I don't think his departure will affect us as much as it would have doen before Firmino's arrival.

Personally I'm furious at him for washing his dirty laundry so publicly, desrespecting the fans and the club, and for his lack of loyalty to a club that nurtured him into one of the best prospects in Europe. I would have still liked him to stay last month because I do think he is quality, but I fear his presence is doing more damage than good.

Goodbye, good riddance, hope he rots on the bench somewhere.

Maybe you're right mate but I don't like the idea of us setting a precedent that if you kick up a fuss we'll allow you to leave on your terms, we didn't do it with Luis so why should Raheem be any different.

Both he and his agent agreed to and signed a contract with Liverpool FC, they've since stated they won't agree to an extension under any circumstances and we've stated (somewhere) that he stays if we don't get an offer above £50m.  If he's so desperate to leave then it's up to his agent to drum up business with a buying Club to get the required offer so he can leave, if he can't then tough sh*t, he stays.

The pair of them need to realise that in the grown up world of Pro sports you can't just stamp your feet and get what you want but I believe the bridges aren't totally destroyed and can be rebuilt.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2884: Jun 29, 2015 04:49:56 pm
      City an LFC must have deal in place already when he flew in early from his holiday hence why we've acted fast and got deals done before selling him i think we will see City's offer offically announced wed and he will be gone by thur/fri with a new stiker at our club by Friday.

probably Benteke
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2885: Jun 29, 2015 06:03:51 pm
      City's offer offically announced wed and he will be gone by thur/fri with a new stiker at our club by Friday.

probably Benteke

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #2886: Jun 29, 2015 06:21:44 pm
      City an LFC must have deal in place already when he flew in early from his holiday hence why we've acted fast and got deals done before selling him i think we will see City's offer offically announced wed and he will be gone by thur/fri with a new stiker at our club by Friday.

probably Benteke

Who said he flew in early?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2887: Jun 30, 2015 11:08:13 am
      it was in the news with a picture of him flying in from Ibiza on his tod rather than being away, said he had cut his holiday short. i'm only going off the news mate so its not confirmed but what is these days take it with a pinch of salt but strange how this final offer has not come in and we are snapping up players left right and centre. maybe told city we will sell but let us use that money first then you can have him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2888: Jun 30, 2015 11:13:48 am
      it was in the news with a picture of him flying in from Ibiza on his tod rather than being away, said he had cut his holiday short. i'm only going off the news mate so its not confirmed but what is these days take it with a pinch of salt but strange how this final offer has not come in and we are snapping up players left right and centre. maybe told city we will sell but let us use that money first then you can have him

Maybe they ran out of shisha in Ibiza  ;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2889: Jun 30, 2015 12:51:19 pm
      I would hope so of the new signings might make him have a change of heart and stay at Liverpool or at least sign a new deal with a bigger release clause, but if he's 100% off which is more realistic I just hope we can conclued the deal this weekend and not drag it out all summer disrupting our pre-season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2890: Jun 30, 2015 02:36:24 pm
      I would hope so of the new signings might make him have a change of heart and stay at Liverpool or at least sign a new deal with a bigger release clause, but if he's 100% off which is more realistic I just hope we can conclued the deal this weekend and not drag it out all summer disrupting our pre-season.

I'm putting Wednesday and links to your post in my diary to check and refer back to you mate haha
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2891: Jun 30, 2015 02:40:23 pm
      Paul Doyle wrote an absolute dog turd of an article today about how we should have made him captain instead of selling him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/29/liverpool-raheem-sterling-jordan-henderson-captain

For a start, Rooney had already been a regular fixture, scoring left right and centre in the league and CL for united for years before he was given the captaincy. Secondly, Rooney behaved like a petulant child, but nothing to the degree of disrespecting the club so heavily as Sterling did. He simply behaved like Luis in making his ambitions be known to be somewhere else. Not saying it was right, but it's not as bad as what Raheem has done. And thirdly, Raheem hasn't shown any of the leadership skills to be a captain, combined with his age, it's a nonsense suggestion from an attention seeking journo.

Paul Doyle, keep smoking crack and fo.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2892: Jun 30, 2015 03:41:36 pm
      Paul Doyle wrote an absolute dog turd of an article today about how we should have made him captain instead of selling him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/29/liverpool-raheem-sterling-jordan-henderson-captain

For a start, Rooney had already been a regular fixture, scoring left right and centre in the league and CL for united for years before he was given the captaincy. Secondly, Rooney behaved like a petulant child, but nothing to the degree of disrespecting the club so heavily as Sterling did. He simply behaved like Luis in making his ambitions be known to be somewhere else. Not saying it was right, but it's not as bad as what Raheem has done. And thirdly, Raheem hasn't shown any of the leadership skills to be a captain, combined with his age, it's a nonsense suggestion from an attention seeking journo.

Omg I've heard it all now.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #2893: Jun 30, 2015 03:45:10 pm

This bit is complete dogshite.

He has dared to prove himself bigger than Liverpool, which is one of the reasons why Liverpool should have taken exceptional measures to keep him, rather than patronise and pressurise him in a way they were incapable of pulling off successfully.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2894: Jun 30, 2015 04:01:23 pm
      Manc Tosser
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2895: Jun 30, 2015 04:12:52 pm

He has dared to prove himself bigger than Liverpool, which is one of the reasons why Liverpool should have taken exceptional measures to keep him, rather than patronise and pressurise him in a way they were incapable of pulling off successfully.

I've never heard anything as absurd as this. Honestly, my genuine disgust at the shallow, ill-researched, ill-intentioned and paparazzi style unprofessionalism from journos grows everyday. You really have to search hard for decent analysis and commentary from journos these days.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2896: Jun 30, 2015 04:13:47 pm

f***in hell, did he really say that   :lmao:

What a f***in Bellend !!

YNWA

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2897: Jun 30, 2015 04:26:07 pm

HAHAH what a tool me 86yr old nan would make a bettter captain than sterling as she's bossy and commanding. Sterling runs like T-Rex and doesnt conduct himself in the way a captain should. Paul Doyle must be smoking that hippy crack with sterling the tool time to spam  him on twitter later.

Quick Reply