Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314487 times
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #2921: Jul 02, 2015 12:23:09 pm
      Why are we expecting to have heard something by now - and now thinking he might stay because we havent??

The window is 1.5 days old!!!!!

Majority of our business (I think with exception of Clyne so probably their end) has been pretty old school LFC and been done behind closed doors.

95% expect him to go - and it will suddenly be announced.

Same with incoming striker - and like I've said before I wouldn't be shocked if it was someone who hasnt be massively linked in the press so far (a la Firmino deal)
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015 12:43:17 pm by mcmulled »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2922: Jul 02, 2015 04:46:04 pm
      It's all gone very quiet, hasn't it?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #2923: Jul 02, 2015 05:01:41 pm
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2924: Jul 02, 2015 06:17:13 pm
      Same with incoming striker - and like I've said before I wouldn't be shocked if it was someone who hasnt be massively linked in the press so far (a la Firmino deal)

I'm leaning towards this. I think Benteke might be a bit of a smoke screen and we're probably working on a few deals to offload Borini, Lambert and Balo, and wouldn't be surprised if a completely different striker is announced. Suarez move from Ajax wrong-footed everyone, so here's hoping.

Sterling deal is done imo, probably just ironing out the ridicilous personal terms that his agents has been tossing voer for the past year. If by some miracle he stayed, I'd expect him to be a part of a very exciting attacking game we'll have next year but just can't see him staying. Goodbye and good f***ing riddance if you ask me.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2925: Jul 03, 2015 09:17:56 am
      He deserves to rot in the reserves for both his and his agents antics. But I do prefer the sound of 40-50m.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2926: Jul 03, 2015 09:51:50 am
      He deserves to rot in the reserves for both his and his agents antics. But I do prefer the sound of 40-50m.

Did you say this about Suarez, Reina and the others that have done the same as Sterling?
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #2927: Jul 03, 2015 10:57:33 am
      Just read on Twitter that there is a deal in place to swap Sterling for Reus.

Bollox I know, but I'd take it if it was possible.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2928: Jul 03, 2015 11:00:44 am
      Just read on Twitter that there is a deal in place to swap Sterling for Reus.

Bollox I know, but I'd take it if it was possible.

Worst rumor of the summer
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2929: Jul 03, 2015 12:40:56 pm
      Did you say this about Suarez, Reina and the others that have done the same as Sterling?

Nope, and I'll admit that.

We've given him a platform and he's been throwing it in our face the past 8-10 months. Attitude stinks!
      I had no issue with him wanting more money because he deserves it in my opinion as we looked at him to fill the big Suarez shaped gap in the squad last season. There's a point where greed takes over though and he's well past that now. He's the root cause of all or any of the abuse that's being thrown his way.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2930: Jul 03, 2015 12:56:42 pm

They didn't behanve as bad as Sterling. They never gave unsanctioned interviews tlaking about moving away from a club, they didn't have their agents publicly slating the club, they did not drag the club's name through the media trough. No comparison imo.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2931: Jul 03, 2015 01:12:11 pm
      They didn't behanve as bad as Sterling. They never gave unsanctioned interviews tlaking about moving away from a club, they didn't have their agents publicly slating the club, they did not drag the club's name through the media trough. No comparison imo.

And they were also better players.

Raheem has shown a bit of promise and he behaves like this.

Its win win for me. If he stays then we have a front 3 of Cout, Firmino and Raheem next season and if that's the case then I think we will play similar football to what we witnessed in the 13-14 season. Not many defences will be able to cope with them for pace and movement. So in that sense I want him to stay.

But he comes across as a bad dick head and I'm therefore happy to see the back of him. If he goes then we get a sulky kid off our books for big money. We'll spend big on a new striker (just hope its not wasted on Benteke) and that's what we desperately need right now.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #2932: Jul 03, 2015 01:16:42 pm
      I'm pretty sure all the things they did were in off season not when the season was in full flow.Sterling on the other hand pissed the supporters during the run in with his antics and disturbed the dressing room.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #2933: Jul 03, 2015 01:58:37 pm
      Nit picking trying to justify why he recieved such hate compared to the other players mentioned is lame... He recieved this attitude "before" his dumb interview..?? Just one tactical wages leak is all it took for the wolves to attack.. Most of you are wolves..lolol. Trying to sensationalise his wrongs is embarrassing imo
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015 03:25:46 pm by Chico Banderas »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2934: Jul 04, 2015 12:01:26 pm
      Nit picking trying to justify why he recieved such hate compared to the other players mentioned is lame... He recieved this attitude "before" his dumb interview..?? Just one tactical wages leak is all it took for the wolves to attack.. Most of you are wolves..lolol. Trying to sensationalise his wrongs is embarrassing imo

Sterling or Aidy Ward. Which one of the two are you mate. Because your posts in this thread are exactly what I'd expect both of them to say.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #2935: Jul 04, 2015 02:32:15 pm
      Sterling or Aidy Ward. Which one of the two are you mate. Because your posts in this thread are exactly what I'd expect both of them to say.

Who gives a f**k what you'd expect.?.Lololol.  What a sh*t mrs Marple you'd be..lololol.

So if i disagree with you and think your a media whore, I must be one of those two people.. ? You little Terry Tampon.. Sort yer head out..lolol.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #2936: Jul 04, 2015 02:43:37 pm
      Who gives a f**k what you'd expect.?.Lololol.  What a sh*t mrs Marple you'd be..lololol.

So if i disagree with you and think your a media whore, I must be one of those two people.. ? You little Terry Tampon.. Sort yer head out..lolol.

What the hell is up with all the lololollolololol
      You come across like an idiot. Type normally
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2937: Jul 04, 2015 03:44:23 pm
      What the hell is up with all the lololollolololol
      You come across like an idiot. Type normally

I was about to ask the same thing :D

Suarez bit somebody to force through a transfer, since the minute he arrived at Liverpool he wouldn't shut up about wanting to play for Barca and he fu**ed around trying to get a transfer to Arsenal. I'd say that's behaving pretty badly and disrespecting his - at the time - current club. Still, because he was so good people kissed his arse. Just because Sterling isn't anywhere near as good doesn't mean he's behaved in a worse manner.

I wouldn't lose sleep if he leaves but it's crazy seeing the difference in abuse that Sterling and Suarez got for similar things.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #2938: Jul 04, 2015 06:07:17 pm
      I was about to ask the same thing :D

Suarez bit somebody to force through a transfer, since the minute he arrived at Liverpool he wouldn't shut up about wanting to play for Barca and he fu**ed around trying to get a transfer to Arsenal. I'd say that's behaving pretty badly and disrespecting his - at the time - current club. Still, because he was so good people kissed his arse. Just because Sterling isn't anywhere near as good doesn't mean he's behaved in a worse manner.

I wouldn't lose sleep if he leaves but it's crazy seeing the difference in abuse that Sterling and Suarez got for similar things.

Difference is, Suarez DID carry us, Raheem is acting like he has.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2939: Jul 04, 2015 11:08:44 pm
      Stolen from YouTube
      https://youtu.be/WFF1D7x6pKg
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2940: Jul 04, 2015 11:10:31 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2941: Jul 04, 2015 11:14:41 pm
      Suarez bit somebody to force through a transfer, since the minute he arrived at Liverpool he wouldn't shut up about wanting to play for Barca and he fu**ed around trying to get a transfer to Arsenal.

Again, why do a certain number of people think this is the case? I apologise here, well no I don't actually, but IMO you have have to be pretty damn stupid and narrow minded to think this is the case. Suarez is a winner and when he is on the pitch he will do anything he feels he can in order to win so when he is playing he isn't thinking to himself "I know, I will bite somebody to try and force through a transfer". It just simply wouldn't be the case. It's frustration that led to him biting, not wanting to force a transfer. Especially when playing for Uruguay on the biggest stage of them all.

As for constantly going on about a dream move, well that wasn't the case either because he was constantly saying nothing but positive things about the club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2942: Jul 04, 2015 11:15:08 pm
      Difference is, Suarez DID carry us, Raheem is acting like he has.

So, because he carried us for a couple of seasons that means he can bite people to get a transfer and constantly talking about wanting to join this and that club? F**k me! Gerrard did this and people burnt his shirts, sent him death threats and god knows what else so not sure on your argument about him carrying the team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2943: Jul 04, 2015 11:22:55 pm
      Again, why do a certain number of people think this is the case? I apologise here, well no I don't actually, but IMO you have have to be pretty damn stupid and narrow minded to think this is the case. Suarez is a winner and when he is on the pitch he will do anything he feels he can in order to win so when he is playing he isn't thinking to himself "I know, I will bite somebody to try and force through a transfer". It just simply wouldn't be the case. It's frustration that led to him biting, not wanting to force a transfer. Especially when playing for Uruguay on the biggest stage of them all.

As for constantly going on about a dream move, well that wasn't the case either because he was constantly saying nothing but positive things about the club.

You're honestly saying that he never once mentioned Arsenal? I never said he didn't say positive things about Liverpool. Sterling just happens to have a n*b of an agent which then means their dissatisfaction with the agent falls directly to the player too. You say it wasn't the case for Suarez going on about a dream move but I don't recall Sterling saying anything about wanting to join City.

Personally, I wouldn't be arsed if he does move but to make it seem like he's the first player to act like this is strange.

Quick Reply