Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      8 (5.5%)
      Emre Can
      84 (57.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      8 (5.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      2 (1.4%)
      Lazar Markovic
      2 (1.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      29 (19.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Mario Balotelli
      7 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Feb 14, 2015 10:06:07 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In game and Post Match Celebration

Read 54652 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In game and Post Match Celebration
      Reply #736: Feb 10, 2015 10:25:41 pm
      a win is a win. 3 points in the bag.

v v happy we get that.    :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #737: Feb 10, 2015 10:25:53 pm
      I am secure enough in my manhood to admit my 'Man-Crush' in Emre Can    :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #738: Feb 10, 2015 10:26:21 pm
      Really enjoyed that match, especially the result, come on 4th place!!!

SO many candidates for man of the match but I gave it to Migs, what a goalie he is now, what a transformation. I'm going to make a prediction, I think Ibe will be a better player for us than Sterling, so Sterling had better realise he's at a great club and sign the generous contract offered to him.
      Begs
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | 13 
      Reply #739: Feb 10, 2015 10:27:23 pm
      Loved the match! Great to see us score, battle, score, and keep battling. The one sticking point for me was the Mario Balotelli...

You score for the first time in a long time in a HUGE match. Then you don't celebrate with your team afterwards... you aren't that good anymore man!!! So frustrating to see that, especially not applauding the Kop...
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #740: Feb 10, 2015 10:28:02 pm
      Can is looking like the signing of the summer, wonderful footballer.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #741: Feb 10, 2015 10:28:12 pm
      Emre the Greek God of Liverbirds.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #742: Feb 10, 2015 10:28:21 pm
      That was a proper game of footie , none of this parking up sh*t from the spuds . Can and Ibe were outstanding I can't believe i just said outstanding , but there you are then absolutely F***ing outstanding .Rodgers actually made a fantastic game changing decision by bringing on Lovren to move Can to the MF . The mans a F***ing beast . We all dream of a team of Emre Can's a team of Emre Can's . Out F***ing standing 
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #743: Feb 10, 2015 10:28:25 pm
      PS This is a hilarious post!

Yep, two of our worst performances of the season have come against this pathetic excuse of a team. I sincerely hope we get another chance to beat them in the Europa this season. We probably won't though because if they're this sh*t they stand no chance of getting past Besiktas.

sh*t? Maybe a couple of months ago, but they can keep their F***ing delusions up thinking we're not a team on the up!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #744: Feb 10, 2015 10:29:18 pm
      Shocking game in some ways and a get out jail card wasted by Rodgers playing Stevie in DM position.
      As soon as Gerrard went off henderson and the rest of the midfield looked so much better and with Can moving into midfield with his galloping runs we managed to gain control.

A big mention to Lallana and Lovren for coming on and making a difference.

Ibe is destined to be a star

Mario you mad mofo wherever you end up next year you little beauty.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #745: Feb 10, 2015 10:29:41 pm
      This one is gold :

Rosie47 said:
      OMG we lost. The injustice. The disappointment. I could melt a Mars bar with my forehead.

=))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #746: Feb 10, 2015 10:34:39 pm
      The Spurs fan's observation skills aren't very good are they? I've seen a fair few commenting that Dier was very good and saved them on a few occasions - for me he was dog sh*t for at least half of the game.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #747: Feb 10, 2015 10:36:03 pm
      Why are people bleating on about ballottelli ???he doesn't do celebrations in his mind it's his job (his words).
      I couldn't care less if he doesn't celebrate as long as he scores I couldn't give a F**k....
      Come on mario let's see loads more non celebrations .:-)
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #748: Feb 10, 2015 10:37:00 pm
      Rodgers has been rightly slated for his in game management of late. Got it spot on tonight.

Can in DM role will be good to see. Not sure how his spacial awareness is but it cant be any worse than Gerrards and he has the legs, of a god ;-), to do the job!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #749: Feb 10, 2015 10:37:28 pm
      That was a proper game of footie , none of this parking up sh*t from the spuds . Can and Ibe were outstanding I can't believe i just said outstanding , but there you are then absolutely f**king outstanding .Rodgers actually made a fantastic game changing decision by bringing on Lovren to move Can to the MF . The mans a f**king beast . We all dream of a team of Emre Can's a team of Emre Can's . Out f**king standing 

He must be reading the forum mate, loads of us have said that's what has to happen! Look forward to seeing Can run our midfield for years to come.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #750: Feb 10, 2015 10:42:48 pm
      He must be reading the forum mate, loads of us have said that's what has to happen! Look forward to seeing Can run our midfield for years to come.

If Lovren can step up now and perform week in week out then Can must stay in the mf . He's wasted back there the F***ing beast that he is .

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #751: Feb 10, 2015 10:45:02 pm
      If Lovren can step up now and perform week in week out then Can must stay in the mf . He's wasted back there the f**king beast that he is .

Agreed, hopefully Lovren is finally up for it.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #752: Feb 10, 2015 10:46:40 pm
      Something which I don't think has been picked up on, is how clever a player Markovic is. I'm not talking about his goal because that was merely decent, but his passing and runs. He created space all night with quick passing and moving defenders out of position.

Only caveat is his physical condition. Still not very strong and seems to lack stamina to use his pace over 90 minutes.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #753: Feb 10, 2015 10:49:23 pm
      Emre Can's game by numbers, according to Squawka: 100% tackles won, 34 passes completed, 4 interceptions, 3 aerial duels, 2 chances created.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #754: Feb 10, 2015 10:50:14 pm
      Something which I don't think has been picked up on, is how clever a player Markovic is. I'm not talking about his goal because that was merely decent, but his passing and runs. He created space all night with quick passing and moving defenders out of position.

Only caveat is his physical condition. Still not very strong and seems to lack stamina to use his pace over 90 minutes.
      I like the lad , and i think he'll have a big future here . He just needs time and patience from our good selves .

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #755: Feb 10, 2015 10:51:11 pm

It's his footballing brain and first touch. He gets flustered in tight spots and his first touch is always 2 metres ahead of him. His decisions tonight (along with Phillipe) were just terrible and on the ball it was bad.

Ibe has shown us what we've been missing from a proper winger.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #756: Feb 10, 2015 10:54:40 pm
      It's his footballing brain and first touch. He gets flustered in tight spots and his first touch is always 2 metres ahead of him. His decisions tonight (along with Phillipe) were just terrible and on the ball it was bad.

Agreed. Markovic has a long way to go. Ibe showing him how it's done.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #757: Feb 10, 2015 11:00:41 pm
      Emre Can's game by numbers, according to Squawka: 100% tackles won, 34 passes completed, 4 interceptions, 3 aerial duels, 2 chances created.

He gets involved in a lot of challenges and battles so to win 100% of tackles is crazy.

I'm over the moon for Ibe too, he's started 3 games for us in his career, 2 of which were against Everton and Spurs and he was one of our best players in both games. Keep it going Ibe, he'll be as important to us as Sterling and Sturridge are in no time if he keeps it up.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #758: Feb 10, 2015 11:00:53 pm

Come off it, he scored FFS, and linked up very well with Ibe on the right in the first half - they were far more threatening than Coutinho and Moreno who both had slow starts.

Second half both players quietened down because they were doubled up on, but all in all, it was a very satisfying performance from Markovic.

Some people just give him too much stick IMO.

Quick Reply