Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      8 (5.5%)
      Emre Can
      84 (57.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      8 (5.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      2 (1.4%)
      Lazar Markovic
      2 (1.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      29 (19.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Mario Balotelli
      7 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Feb 14, 2015 10:06:07 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In game and Post Match Celebration

Read 54986 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In game and Post Match Celebration
      Reply #759: Feb 10, 2015 11:11:29 pm
      Come off it, he scored FFS, and linked up very well with Ibe on the right in the first half - they were far more threatening than Coutinho and Moreno who both had slow starts.

Second half both players quietened down because they were doubled up on, but all in all, it was a very satisfying performance from Markovic.

Some people just give him too much stick IMO.

He also lost the ball 4 times, dispossessed twice and along with the other two up front missed a host of opportunities to get us ahead by half time.

I give him stick because he hasn't performed to the standard we should expect. Ibe is showing us the level we should expect.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #760: Feb 10, 2015 11:18:18 pm
      Something which I don't think has been picked up on, is how clever a player Markovic is. I'm not talking about his goal because that was merely decent, but his passing and runs. He created space all night with quick passing and moving defenders out of position.

Only caveat is his physical condition. Still not very strong and seems to lack stamina to use his pace over 90 minutes.

Needs a few more Scouse pies in him and he will be raring next season you watch.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #761: Feb 10, 2015 11:21:59 pm
      BTW has anyone mentioned what a useless Fat Kunt Dowd was for both teams, just completely inept.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #762: Feb 10, 2015 11:26:47 pm
      Agree it was a ridiculous performance by the officals.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #763: Feb 10, 2015 11:26:52 pm
      He also lost the ball 4 times, dispossessed twice and along with the other two up front missed a host of opportunities to get us ahead by half time.

I give him stick because he hasn't performed to the standard we should expect. Ibe is showing us the level we should expect.

Bold is fair criticism - though 2 dispossession's is about standard for attacking players. Coutinho was dispossessed 3 times, Sturridge and Moreno twice and Ibe once. 4 ball losses is unusually high, though Ibe was 2nd on that with 2. I can't think of any other real chances he had so the other part seems a bit harsh.

Ibe was the better player tonight definitely, but Markovic was also good.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #764: Feb 10, 2015 11:28:46 pm
      BTW has anyone mentioned what a useless Fat Kunt Dowd was for both teams, just completely inept.

the lino was F***ing useless, just surprised dowd didn't use a coin to make his decisions, great result, Stevie is a busted flush as a dm and studge would have had a hat trick if he was fully fit
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #765: Feb 10, 2015 11:30:42 pm
      Bold is fair criticism - though 2 dispossession's is about standard for attacking players. Coutinho was dispossessed 3 times, Sturridge and Moreno twice and Ibe once. 4 ball losses is unusually high, though Ibe was 2nd on that with 2. I can't think of any other real chances he had so the other part seems a bit harsh.

Ibe was the better player tonight definitely, but Markovic was also good.

I think our whole front line that started need to take a lot of blame for Spurs being in that match by half time. Sturridge should of had a hat trick, Coutinho couldn't make a pass and Markovic lost the ball.

Funnily enough i think our defending was all over the shop - mainly Sakho, our midfield got dominated - Stevie again :( and attack should have made it game over before the 83rd minute.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #766: Feb 10, 2015 11:31:16 pm
      Couldn't watch or even follow this one today, good to read back and see we got the win.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #767: Feb 10, 2015 11:32:16 pm
      Couldn't watch or even follow this one today, good to read back and see we got the win.

Your health will be much better for it too mate haha. So nerve racking at times.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #768: Feb 10, 2015 11:36:39 pm
      I think our whole front line that started need to take a lot of blame for Spurs being in that match by half time. Sturridge should of had a hat trick, Coutinho couldn't make a pass and Markovic lost the ball.

Funnily enough i think our defending was all over the shop - mainly Sakho, our midfield got dominated - Stevie again :( and attack should have made it game over before the 83rd minute.

It could have been more comfortable, but that is football. What it did show, and I am emphasizing the positive, is great attacking intent and great character from all the team. They equalized twice, once totally undeservedly. Additionally, our players in the dog-house had good games when they came on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #769: Feb 10, 2015 11:38:01 pm
      Looks like Rodgers has a dilemma how to fill a enormous Lucas size problem in midfield because despite his love affair with Gerrard it's not going to win us many games.

Looks like Allen is being given a back seat which seems odd.

So has Lovren shown enough to push Can into midfield to let Der Panzer do his business.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #770: Feb 10, 2015 11:52:42 pm
      If Lovren can step up now and perform week in week out then Can must stay in the mf . He's wasted back there the f**king beast that he is .

Really difficult one this.  Yes I agree Can will be immense in our midfield - that's where he should be - but in the short term I think we will lose something if he moves out of defence.  Let's face it - even at centre-back he's been at times an extra body in midfield.

Lovren gives me the jitters.  I'm so nervous about it that I'm wondering if even Johnson might be better off there.

Looks like Rodgers has a dilemma how to fill a enormous Lucas size problem in midfield because despite his love affair with Gerrard it's not going to win us many games.

Looks like Allen is being given a back seat which seems odd.

Allen's been used quite a bit in recent weeks though.  Clear to everyone that Gerrard isn't in the team on form - big question is - who else will take the pens!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #771: Feb 10, 2015 11:55:23 pm
      Really difficult one this.  Yes I agree Can will be immense in our midfield - that's where he should be - but in the short term I think we will lose something if he moves out of defence.  Let's face it - even at centre-back he's been at times an extra body in midfield.

Lovren gives me the jitters.  I'm so nervous about it that I'm wondering if even Johnson might be better off there.

Allen's been used quite a bit in recent weeks though.  Clear to everyone that Gerrard isn't in the team on form - big question is - who else will take the pens!

I know its a small sample but he was solid for 20 mins today.

PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #772: Feb 10, 2015 11:55:56 pm
      Just got home from Anfield, great game and a HUGE 3 points in the race for 4th. 1st half started well an perhaps should have taken a few of our chances to be 2/3 up before their goal. A tad unlucky on both goals but these things happen, great spirit to go an get the winner, Balotelli was class was chasing every ball.

Mignolet-6
      Can-8
      Skrtel-7
      Sakho-6
      Ibe-7
      Henderson-5.5
      Gerrard-6
      Moreno-6.5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Markovic-6.5
      Sturridge-6.5

Lovren-6.5
      Balotelli-6.5
      Lallana-6.5
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #773: Feb 10, 2015 11:57:05 pm
      I know its a small sample but he was solid for 20 mins today.

True. And we weren't playing against mugs.  You know maybe this spell on the sidelines might have knocked a bit of the Billy Big Bollocks attitude out of him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #774: Feb 10, 2015 11:57:56 pm
      Just got home from Anfield, great game and a HUGE 3 points in the race for 4th. 1st half started well an perhaps should have taken a few of our chances to be 2/3 up before their goal. A tad unlucky on both goals but these things happen, great spirit to go an get the winner, Balotelli was class was chasing every ball.

Mignolet-6
      Can-8
      Skrtel-7
      Sakho-6
      Ibe-7
      Henderson-5.5
      Gerrard-6
      Moreno-6.5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Markovic-6.5
      Sturridge-6.5

Lovren-6.5
      Balotelli-6.5
      Lallana-6.5

Your a slave master with those scores we did win mate so a few lads must have played ok!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #775: Feb 11, 2015 12:02:04 am
      It's a dilemma for Rodgers and one that will be on his mind , as you say Johnson can do the job as well . but with Lucas out and Allen not up to it then Can is the only man for the job .

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #776: Feb 11, 2015 12:04:40 am

Mignolet-6
      Can-8
      Skrtel-7
      Sakho-6
      Ibe-7
      Henderson-5.5
      Gerrard-6
      Moreno-6.5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Markovic-6.5
      Sturridge-6.5

Lovren-6.5
      Balotelli-6.5
      Lallana-6.5

Seriously? 6, SIX, for Mignolet. What on earth were you watching?! And 5.5 for Hendo?! Got to say Hendo made up for Saturday's poor performance especially his role in Balotelli's goal. He showed real urgency and precision when it mattered most. Hats off to him I say.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #777: Feb 11, 2015 12:34:45 am
      Seriously? 6, SIX, for Mignolet. What on earth were you watching?! And 5.5 for Hendo?! Got to say Hendo made up for Saturday's poor performance especially his role in Balotelli's goal. He showed real urgency and precision when it mattered most. Hats off to him I say.

I thought both Hendo and Migs were great myself. I can't be the only one - some people voted Migs as MOTM
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #778: Feb 11, 2015 12:53:15 am
      Love reliving games like tonight.
      Currently listening to 5 lives commentary where apparently Alan Green got quite excited
      Was such a good game to watch best for me since Citeh end of last season. We're back
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #779: Feb 11, 2015 12:56:11 am
      Can can there is no doubt it, another good/great performance from the lad, well done. I am a little disappointed with Spurs second goal as I had us down for a 3-1 win and it stopped me getting 7 points in the prediction league-bas**rds.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #780: Feb 11, 2015 04:43:12 am
      Listened to the commentary as I couldn't watch at work, just watched the highlights.  Will watch the full 90 when I get a chance.  Whomever the co-commentator was, he seemed to hate saying anything positive about Liverpool, but was sucking on the Spuds Cockerel all game.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #781: Feb 11, 2015 05:38:34 am
      weird how people are saying Ibe showed Markovic how it's done. I was hoping for better out of Ibe with a few things I saw from the game. but I want to hear from more experienced football brains about that one. There were a few instances where I felt Ibe held it way too long and didn't give it to a number of options, one or two of these lead to him losing the ball. I guess what people can see is that his natural wing game is excellent and now he just needs to learn how to gel with the team and where everybody is moving.

Quick Reply