Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      8 (5.5%)
      Emre Can
      84 (57.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      8 (5.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      2 (1.4%)
      Lazar Markovic
      2 (1.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      29 (19.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Mario Balotelli
      7 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Feb 14, 2015 10:06:07 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In game and Post Match Celebration

Read 55071 times
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In game and Post Match Celebration
      Reply #805: Feb 11, 2015 02:44:34 pm
      Seriously? 6, SIX, for Mignolet. What on earth were you watching?! And 5.5 for Hendo?! Got to say Hendo made up for Saturday's poor performance especially his role in Balotelli's goal. He showed real urgency and precision when it mattered most. Hats off to him I say.

Think I actually meant to put 7 for Mignolet haha was a mistake, unlucky with the Kane goal and made a terrific stop from Lamela (I think). Perhaps I was a little harsh on Henderson but I thought he was clearly one of the worst on the pitch, was a yard behind every ball and man it seemed, misconnected a few easy passes, and I don't remember his part in Balotelli's goal? I thought it was Ibe setting up Lallana who made the assist? Perhaps I just seen it different at the ground than on tele (not to mean that you watched in TV like), just thought he was clearly our worst.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #806: Feb 11, 2015 02:55:54 pm
      This was a wonderful game.I fully enjoyed in watching it and winning it.Jordon Ibe played pretty well and if he gets more playing time he will show a lot more.Im glad that Markovic got the goal but i feel he was lucky and he had a lot better option of passing it to Sturridge that was opening up on his right side.When Markovic took a shot ball hited the bump just in front of the goalkeeper and the ball flyed over his hand,pure luck.Im glad that Balotelli scored his first  EPL goal although he owes a lot to Ibe and Lallana that created the chance.Can,what a player that will be,i hope i will see him in Gerrards position after he leaves the club,i think he will fit well there.After all it was a good exciting game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #807: Feb 11, 2015 07:43:56 pm
      Spurs - we 'Kaned' you last night  :P
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #808: Feb 11, 2015 08:06:10 pm
      We leaked the goals with Gerrard holding again unfortunately.

Watch the first goal for Spurs. He failed to close down his man soon enough because he couldn't get off the starting blocks quickly, and then Kane was through.

I would start Allen in the there if Can is to persist in defence, in fairness to him, he grew into the derby I thought (ideally, I'd like to see Lovren back in defence and Can pushed up - The back three transformed Skrtel so no reason to suggest against this happening to Dejan).
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #809: Feb 11, 2015 08:08:03 pm
      Think I actually meant to put 7 for Mignolet haha was a mistake, unlucky with the Kane goal and made a terrific stop from Lamela (I think). Perhaps I was a little harsh on Henderson but I thought he was clearly one of the worst on the pitch, was a yard behind every ball and man it seemed, misconnected a few easy passes, and I don't remember his part in Balotelli's goal? I thought it was Ibe setting up Lallana who made the assist? Perhaps I just seen it different at the ground than on tele (not to mean that you watched in TV like), just thought he was clearly our worst.

Henderson pressed the area and intercepted well before giving to Ibe. The tempo was started from Hendo. Not a perfect game from Jordan but - he was hot and cold at times, but he delivered when most needed.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #810: Feb 11, 2015 08:17:08 pm
      What a Fab match.  It reminds me of last season when we were really something else  .... the old Liverpool, making the football weather.  The United game was definitely the turning point this season.
      Put simply, we are back.  We have rediscovered the form and swagger of last season.  We will finish top 4 in fact we'll finish 3rd ahead of United who are fragile.  I must admit I look forward to the Mickyratings!  This team is going to be massive in the next season or so.  At some point in the future we will all come to realise that last season was a dress rehearsal for our eventual success.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #811: Feb 11, 2015 08:20:14 pm
      What a Fab match.  It reminds me of last season when we were really something else  .... the old Liverpool, making the football weather.  The United game was definitely the turning point this season.
      Put simply, we are back.  We have rediscovered the form and swagger of last season.  We will finish top 4 in fact we'll finish 3rd ahead of United who are fragile.  I must admit I look forward to the Mickyratings!  This team is going to be massive in the next season or so.  At some point in the future we will all come to realise that last season was a dress rehearsal for our eventual success.

Loving the positivity here
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #812: Feb 11, 2015 08:31:23 pm
      So good to win a game like that, tight, open, could've gone either way - and we come out on top. Still buzzin :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #813: Feb 11, 2015 08:38:15 pm
      Still on cloud 9 after all that. Always thought we'd beat them, were the better side for long periods of the game. Voted Skrtel motm as he was solid, but even better when strevie went off. With can pushed on and Lovren in the back 3, skittle took control, I think in fear of  losing Can as his partner. In truth, Lovren done very well.
      Spuds came to win, no doubt about that, and thought they were well capable following the win over the arse.
      Put them in their place though, and great to see Balo score, just hope it unleashes the beast in him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #814: Feb 11, 2015 08:51:01 pm

Sorry if I came off as a bit harsh there. I'll vouch as much as the next person that it's a very different dimension you're viewing when watching it at Anfield compared to on the tv screen.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #815: Feb 11, 2015 10:07:13 pm
      Thought it was a great game and win with Can and Ibe excellent.

To our "fans" in the Main Stand MF block who were singing "Who are ya?" and "You're not singing anymore" either educate yourself in the ways of this club or piss off and support some faceless club. Half of them couldnt even be arsed with YNWA!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #816: Feb 11, 2015 10:43:21 pm
      Thought it was a great game and win with Can and Ibe excellent.

To our "fans" in the Main Stand MF block who were singing "Who are ya?" and "You're not singing anymore" either educate yourself in the ways of this club or piss off and support some faceless club. Half of them couldnt even be arsed with YNWA!

Yeah. I end up there due to the tickets my auld fella gets from a mate.

I've never come across people so unwilling to sing or chant something proper in my life. Seems to be a lot of Thomas Cook tickets there from what I know plus members card tickets and some season tickets.

Take me back to the Kop please... at least there's some noise. Hopefully that noise gets louder though. ;D
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #817: Feb 12, 2015 10:24:35 am
      Yeah. I end up there due to the tickets my auld fella gets from a mate.

I've never come across people so unwilling to sing or chant something proper in my life. Seems to be a lot of Thomas Cook tickets there from what I know plus members card tickets and some season tickets.

Take me back to the Kop please... at least there's some noise. Hopefully that noise gets louder though. ;D

Id give my left bollock to get ANY ticket .... its nearly impossible to geta sniff being down here in the big smoke! there are exceptions but I just cant give £200 plus for these Thomas cook deals...

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #818: Feb 12, 2015 11:46:11 am
      Id give my left bollock to get ANY ticket .... its nearly impossible to geta sniff being down here in the big smoke! there are exceptions but I just cant give £200 plus for these Thomas cook deals...

Oh neither would I, it's a farce. We get ours at face value when his mate can't get to the game.

I know a few people over here (Ireland) that do the day trip for about 100quid+ per head and it's just not worth it. Did it once for the game against Anzhi in the EL (Downing scored :laugh: ) and was working the following day. I've never been so tired in my life.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #819: Feb 12, 2015 06:43:01 pm
      Sorry if I came off as a bit harsh there. I'll vouch as much as the next person that it's a very different dimension you're viewing when watching it at Anfield compared to on the tv screen.

No worries mate! Opinions is what its all about anyway!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #820: Feb 12, 2015 07:30:55 pm
      A big win and a very important win. A bit disappointed with the two goals we conceded; that was a return to darker days when we struggle to hold a lead. But we showed great character to keep going for the win and it might prove a vital three points come season's end.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #821: Feb 13, 2015 12:29:53 pm
      The happiest thing I saw in the match was we moved into the opposition box without fear as opposed to the early season where we were clueless, continuously  knocking the ball outside the box not knowing what to do.

BR has used Balo in the right manner, that is, inside the box. He's a goal poacher and not a goal creator, hopefully, BR has come to realise that now.

We need to get our forward line to play with better understanding and knowing where and when your fellow players will move into a scoring position or into a position that can be easily seen or to receive a ball.

Ibe looks promising, he attacked the opposition box like a veteran, but he needs to have better final assist. he tends to over dribbled at times while an early release of the ball and better awareness of our players inside the box would have caused greater damage to spuds.  He's young so more time is needed for his game to mature.

His skills and runs resembles very much of Sterling and it's frightening when these 2 players are at their peak in future.

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015 12:11:43 pm by redkop63 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #822: Feb 13, 2015 02:37:23 pm
      Just watched the replay last night for the first time. After the reading through the match day thread you'd have thought everyone played like crap. I really didn't find too much to fault anyone on. Coutinho looked a bit off and Gerrard while a bit lazy at times, didn't stand out as bad as some made him out to be. Thought the boss got the subs right and it showed. Ibe is really just impressing me. He really looks like a seasoned pro and the moment does not appear too big for him. Thought just about everyone put in a solid performance.....well with the exception of Dowd....that was one of the worst officiating displays I've seen all season.

Offsides on the goal, bad call on the foul that lead to it, then not awarding us a penalty for the exact same thing on Danny in their box.

Quick Reply