Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      61 (55%)
      Can
      5 (4.5%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.8%)
      Sakho
      5 (4.5%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      12 (10.8%)
      Allen
      5 (4.5%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lallana
      8 (7.2%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)
      Balotelli
      4 (3.6%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow

Read 32566 times
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow
      Reply #414: Feb 15, 2015 01:53:27 am
      Definite improvement in Mario.  Well done.  Sometimes doing the boring stuff in life leads to glory .....
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #415: Feb 15, 2015 02:37:47 am

There's a reason why you never see these two slimy creatures in the same room together.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #416: Feb 15, 2015 02:44:51 am
      See liverpool playing as a team firing on all cylinders,they want to win the fa cup for stevie.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #417: Feb 15, 2015 03:01:55 am
      Just caught the full replay. Good win considering our history against them.

Mignolet - terrific. His kicking still sucks but pulled off some great saves and commanded set pieces really well. Top notch.

Can - defensively not so good. In the air he struggled and conceded a few fouls. Burst forward well as always.

Skrtel - worst performance for a while. Really struggled and his defending led to their goal, and then gave the ball away in our box to let Gayle shoot which Mignolet saved one on one. Conceded a stupid free kick at the death, too.

Sakho - solid. Bit more comfortable on the ball and shut down Bolasie all game.

Henderson - peach of a pass to Danny for the goal. Controlled the game well, did his job.

Allen - not great. Not bad.

Markovic - really struggling to see how he is getting in the side right now. Made a decent cross, cut out a pass and went on a mazy run which the Palace defence allowed him too and he skied a shot when he had time. He didn't track back, his touch is still woeful and everything else that went through him died.

Moreno - solid but not spectacular. He tries in defence but he is really messy when he goes for the ball. Supported attacks well. Part of the best goal celebration i have seen in some time.

Lallana - did more in 45 on the right than Markovic has all season. Busy, linked well, great anticipation for the goal and never stopped trying. Bit rusty but hopefully he can get a run of games now.

Coutinho - never really looked like it would come off for him. Got shut down but still managed to try link up in the final third.

Sturridge - was really poor in the first half. One chance, one goal and that's why he is so good.

Balotelli - loved him today. Worked hard off the ball, used the ball well, and his reward will come more often with that kind of display.

Lovren/Lambert - solid few minutes for both. Not much to do.

If someone has a Vine or .gif of that Sturridge goal celebration, post it quickly! Never laughed so hard after a goal in my life.

EDIT: Page 13. Thanks RP!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #418: Feb 15, 2015 05:31:43 am
      Not having a go at you, it's just that type of label has now permeated to the media who are all going on about 'Gerrards Dream' which will only be a detriment to us.

And just get ready IF we get to the final for (a) a shitstorm from the media wondering why Gerrard isn't starting or (b) we lose the cup final after people call out the boss for sentimentality for playing Gerrard.

It needs to be a team focus, not Gerrard.

Understand where you are coming from but A) who gives a sh*t what the media says B) We are going to have to get past Arsenal in the quarters to progress, if they beat Borough...coz knowing our luck we will draw them and C) When we say it is Stevie's dream...it really means it's our dream to see HIM walking up those stairs and holding that Cup aloft. I don't care if he plays the last 20 minutes of the match but as long as he's holding it up, it will serve as a small consolation as to what unfolded in that dreaded Chavs match last season.

Anyways back to the match...get the F**k in...didn't deserve to go 1 behind but the way the boys rallied was F***ing unreal.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #419: Feb 15, 2015 08:14:35 am
      Anyone else woken up this morning feeling quite content?

Good day yesterday, can enjoy the rest of the weekend knowing that come Monday evening the Owl can F**k it all up.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #420: Feb 15, 2015 08:56:22 am
      Good morning kopites! Any one knows when draw will be please? Thanks
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #421: Feb 15, 2015 09:22:52 am
      Let's hope the Mancs and The Gooners both get knockwed out over the next few days.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #422: Feb 15, 2015 09:24:27 am
      Good morning kopites! Any one knows when draw will be please? Thanks

Morning Clint.  Draws tomorrow night mate just before the Mancs game.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #423: Feb 15, 2015 09:40:44 am
      Morning Clint.  Draws tomorrow night mate just before the Mancs game.

Ok thanks debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #424: Feb 15, 2015 09:54:02 am
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #425: Feb 15, 2015 09:59:24 am
      I use to think Dwight Gayle may be a good player to buy. After yesterday's game, I must say I'm a tad bit disappointed at his game. He dives a lot.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #426: Feb 15, 2015 10:11:51 am
      I use to think Dwight Gayle may be a good player to buy. After yesterday's game, I must say I'm a tad bit disappointed at his game. He dives a lot.

He was decent but not our standard mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #427: Feb 15, 2015 10:16:06 am

Imagine if a certain Uruguayan dived like that the media would have been all over it but because it's a home grown player barely gets a mention.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #428: Feb 15, 2015 10:47:29 am
      He is just a diving little sh*t.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #429: Feb 15, 2015 10:59:52 am
      Imagine if a certain Uruguayan dived like that the media would have been all over it but because it's a home grown player barely gets a mention.

My thoughts axactly
       He clearly dived about 5 times and in 4 of them the ref fell for it and gave him the freekick, and NO yellow card for the one the ref caught him diving, only a freekick for liverpool
       the 2nd half was great to watch the reds' play, Not that they play badly in the first,
      apart from the to goals , the possetion and passes were nice to watch
       Well done reds
      a home tie now please
      YNWA

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #430: Feb 15, 2015 11:03:23 am

Really? I think he's pretty average with a head like an old granny. Mid table striker at best.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #431: Feb 15, 2015 11:10:55 am
      The referee was on a par with the worst ref we've had the misfortune to officiate in the last five years.
      He was a F***ing joke.
      Why can't the FA be as efficient with refereeing discipline as they are with player discipline......just had a moment of clarity.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #432: Feb 15, 2015 11:42:58 am
      Very happy to see that Balo is contributing in the game, unlike before walking around aimlessly. Also very happy to see that we are playing well in tight spaces outside and inside the opposition box, that's where we'll hurt the opposition most. When the players get to understand each other's movement better, we will be a monster of a team to play against. Yet, we still haven't unleashed Ibe and Sterling in the starting line-up.

BR is certainly moving in the right direction with his tactics, it can only gets better.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #433: Feb 15, 2015 11:47:49 am
      The referee was on a par with the worst ref we've had the misfortune to officiate in the last five years.
      He was a F***ing joke.
      Why can't the FA be as efficient with refereeing discipline as they are with player discipline......just had a moment of clarity.

Totally agree. We need some good refereeing if we want to have the best league with the major tv money input.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #434: Feb 15, 2015 11:55:12 am
      Hard ground for us to go and win at

Thought we played reasonably well and the way we killed the game off with around 10 minutes to go was very professional. Haven't seen than in years

Couts looks like he needs a week in Jamaica though; obviously feeling the strain

Gave my MotM to Allen because he was industrious and kept possession well and also did his fair share on tackling.

In hindsight though, and watching clips on Sly Sports, it looks like Hederson was MotM

Disappointed with Markovic though and though Studge took his chance well, his first touch and link up play was very poor. Still, he's been out for so long that's to be expected

Moreno dancing  :lmao:

EDIT: Mignolet is like a new signing! Totally different player to the one we say four weeks ago
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #435: Feb 15, 2015 12:12:13 pm
      Special mention to Sakho who completely nullified Bolasie who has caused us major problems in the past.
      Just loving the back 3 at the moment. sh*t even when Palace tried the set piece tactics I didnt think we would crumble with even Migs starting to command his box much better recently.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #436: Feb 15, 2015 12:16:42 pm
      Certainly dived a lot, but their new fella, Souare, who I was interested to see what he brings to the PL table, was diving some more.

Quick Reply