Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      61 (55%)
      Can
      5 (4.5%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.8%)
      Sakho
      5 (4.5%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      12 (10.8%)
      Allen
      5 (4.5%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lallana
      8 (7.2%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)
      Balotelli
      4 (3.6%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow

Read 32548 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow
      Reply #437: Feb 15, 2015 02:17:09 pm
      Most impressive thing for me last night was the belief. I think we always looked like we believed it would come and suspect that having Danny boy back in the team has a huge multiplying effect on the improved confidence levels.

My only slight gripe (while many was lyrical about the 3 at back) is that in 5 days we've lost 3 shocking defensive goals so the work back there must still be considered "in progress".

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #438: Feb 15, 2015 02:27:04 pm
      Certainly dived a lot, but their new fella, Souare, who I was interested to see what he brings to the PL table, was diving some more.

Bit like what you bring to this forum. Pop in speak sh@te dive out again. By the way it's spelt "Leo" not Lio Varadkar you knob. One Varadkar is enough. Jog on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #439: Feb 15, 2015 02:32:06 pm
      Bit like what you bring to this forum. Pop in speak sh@te dive out again. By the way it's spelt "Leo" not Lio Varadkar you knob. One Varadkar is enough. Jog on.

What in the name of all that is holy brought this on?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #440: Feb 15, 2015 02:35:22 pm

Tithead, you stroll on, any one who says jog on is a complete arseshole, fact.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #441: Feb 15, 2015 02:39:41 pm
      thought the lads played well.  was definitely a tough game as palace is always a tricky match.   

as for their players diving etc.. unfortunately it is just a part of the game now.  horrible ref for sure.. couldve clamped it down but since he didnt... players know they can get away with it.  i thought the lads were very focused and toughed this match out... at the end with all the freekicks in our half... i was saying to my buds... wow the ref is really trying to make it difficult for us.  however we saw out the game and progressed!

i want to focus a bit on allen.  i think he had a good game.  was a fiesty mf for us and tried to be involved.  he still loses possesion a bit too much for my liking however.  i also think if lovren can get back to form...BR will move Can up and allen will be the one to lose his place. 

anyways solid game!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,488 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #442: Feb 15, 2015 02:52:24 pm
      Huh!?

Something we don't know about?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #443: Feb 15, 2015 03:05:00 pm

Chill out lad. Uncalled for some of that.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #444: Feb 15, 2015 03:16:33 pm
      Huh!?

Leo Varadkar is the biggest "Toriesk" type politician in Ireland. Complete tool like this member. No apologies on this comment. Look at his previous comments.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #445: Feb 15, 2015 03:26:02 pm
      Leo Varadkar is the biggest "Toriesk" type politician in Ireland. Complete tool like this member. No apologies on this comment. Look at his previous comments.

Sensitive fella aren't you?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #446: Feb 15, 2015 03:51:49 pm

Only when wound up by  clowns. Agree or disagree that is a knob.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #447: Feb 15, 2015 04:15:44 pm
      That's 3 tough away fixtures in the cup. Won all 3.
      Good performance second game in a row Migs has been motm for me west a turnaround !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #448: Feb 15, 2015 05:13:37 pm
      Huh!?

Lover's quarrel?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #449: Feb 15, 2015 05:44:26 pm
      Only when wound up by  clowns. Agree or disagree that is a knob.

Had cause to lambaste the same fella for spouting sh*te.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #450: Feb 16, 2015 09:14:38 am
      Oh I see it now. Every other post of yours is an attack on one of our players or a poster on this site, and words like sh*te, b***ard or F**k off is your natural language. At least you are consistent, well done. And its Lio as Lionel - not every person with Varadkar surname must be an Irish gay minister you know. relax a bit
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #451: Feb 16, 2015 09:43:55 am
      No stand out individual performances but a good team display.

Special mention to Mignolet who is beginning to prove me wrong. Don't fault him at all for their goal either, god knows what Skrtel was playing at. Shocking defending. However apart from that, the back three looked comfortable yet again.

Was it the derby at home where Sakho was left out of the squad and he apparently stormed off and went home? Don't blame the guy. He is a beast and must have been so frustrated watching the skrtel-lovren partnership concede 2 goals every week and he can't even make the bench.

The midfield put a shift in and worked hard. Only Markovic who was anonymous really. Don't know what game you were watching Rush but Allen man of the match? He rarely does anything on contributes in any way. He can't attack and he can't defend. He receives the ball from A and passes to B, usually sideways or backwards. We don't need him in there though, player A can pass to player B without Allen. It is like playing with 10 men with him sometimes.  This sounds a bit harsh because it wasn't one of his worst performances and he did ok on Saturday but he didn't do anything to justify a motm shout!

Sturridge a bit rusty again but it's good to see that we've always got a goal in us again with him upfront. Great finish to equalise. It was also great to see Balotelli come on and contribute towards a goal again. A good hit from him from the free kick and an even better follow up from Lallana, made it look so simple and easy.

Very impressed with the way we kept the ball after we went ahead. Palace couldn't get near us.

Great display from the lads, when Sterling and Lucas come in we are going to be very strong indeed. Surely favourites for the cup now? Hopefully Arsenal draw the mancs if they get through tonight but happy with any draw with the form we are in - Maybe avoid Bradford!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #452: Feb 16, 2015 10:00:27 am

What could Hendo be saying?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #453: Feb 16, 2015 10:08:43 am

Fooking lynx? You fooking chav

I said use fooking Nivea for fooking men you pr**k
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,488 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #454: Feb 16, 2015 10:11:19 am
      You diving cheat
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #455: Feb 16, 2015 10:11:59 am

I'm guessing "fook" was used.
      Palace Dan
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #456: Feb 16, 2015 10:24:17 am
      I hope you guys don't mind me posting but just wanted to raise a few comments from SE25!

Firstly well played overall - a tough game but your guys were up for it this time (unlike November) and on the balance of the game deserved the win.  I was impressed with Henderson who seemed to run the show a lot of the time and also Joe Allen.  Mignolet still seems to flap a bit and I am not sure why on this forum he won MOM - however you guys know far better than I do - hopefully for you his confidence is coming back.

Criticism of Gayle for going down easily in the first half probably justified I think, however he is not a dishonest player overall and does get kicked around a lot!!  Also for such a big guy Balotelli was not exactly scythed down for the free kick you got goal 2 from was he?  Strong breeze suddenly gushed in and he lost his balance??  So ease up a little on Dwight Gayle - exactly the same criticism could just as easily be levelled at Mr Balotelli!

I shook hands with few of your guys after the game on the very LHS of the away 'end' - nice to see vociferous support and good spirit shown - particularly as there was some silliness going on which seemed totally OTT.

Anyway - good luck in the next round - could be fruity if you get MUFC!  No reason why your team with its increasing confidence should not go all the way.

Be kind to us at Anfield - we will probably still need some points to stay up!!

All the best

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #457: Feb 16, 2015 10:32:57 am
      Firstly well played overall - a tough game but your guys were up for it this time (unlike November) and on the balance of the game deserved the win.  I was impressed with Henderson who seemed to run the show a lot of the time and also Joe Allen.  Mignolet still seems to flap a bit and I am not sure why on this forum he won MOM - however you guys know far better than I do - hopefully for you his confidence is coming back.

Could have been 3 down if not for him and he punched away everything that came in to the box.

Criticism of Gayle for going down easily in the first half probably justified I think, however he is not a dishonest player overall and does get kicked around a lot!!  Also for such a big guy Balotelli was not exactly scythed down for the free kick you got goal 2 from was he?  Strong breeze suddenly gushed in and he lost his balance??  So ease up a little on Dwight Gayle - exactly the same criticism could just as easily be levelled at Mr Balotelli!

Scott Dann sticks his leg out and mistimes it. Pretty clear foul.

My first game was against Palace last season at Anfield and loved your support. Pretty much the only fan base in England where support is constant throughout the game and LOUD. Ours was sh*te and came up with one good chant all game.

As an Aussie, i'd love to see Jedinak stay up too as well as Kelly. Happy to take 3 points off you and you nick the points off United, Spurs and Arsenal ;) All the best :)
      Palace Dan
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #458: Feb 16, 2015 10:45:47 am
      Could have been 3 down if not for him and he punched away everything that came in to the box.
      Snag is that we don't see him play week in week out - his save with his foot when one on one with Gayle was very good.

Scott Dann sticks his leg out and mistimes it. Pretty clear foul.
      Could just as easily say ditto Henderson and Henderson was cautioned too - but whatever - to be fair, if LFC had not scored from that free kick it was somewhat delaying the inevitable.

My first game was against Palace last season at Anfield and loved your support. Pretty much the only fan base in England where support is constant throughout the game and LOUD. Ours was sh*te and came up with one good chant all game.
      Cheers - about the only area where we can challenge top premiership teams

As an Aussie, i'd love to see Jedinak stay up too as well as Kelly. Happy to take 3 points off you and you nick the points off United, Spurs and Arsenal ;) All the best :)
      thanks pal - we missed Jedi and McArthur in the middle of the park - would have prevented some of the surging runs from Henderson et al.  Will do our best v Arsenal Saturday but we always always lose to them.  Have got 4 points off Spuds this season and had the usual luck at Old Trafford - but have got ManUre at home in a very very hard May.  We need to be safe by end of April again!

Good luck for rest of season - good to see that the rhythm and confidence is coming back - just glad we played you when you were at rock bottom!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2015 11:08:06 am by RedPuppy, Reason: Formatting »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #459: Feb 16, 2015 10:48:09 am

Stand the F**k up you cheating c**t!

Quick Reply