Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      61 (55%)
      Can
      5 (4.5%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.8%)
      Sakho
      5 (4.5%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      12 (10.8%)
      Allen
      5 (4.5%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lallana
      8 (7.2%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)
      Balotelli
      4 (3.6%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow

Read 32610 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow
      Reply #460: Feb 16, 2015 10:54:25 am
      I hope you guys don't mind me posting but just wanted to raise a few comments from SE25!

Firstly well played overall - a tough game but your guys were up for it this time (unlike November) and on the balance of the game deserved the win.  I was impressed with Henderson who seemed to run the show a lot of the time and also Joe Allen.  Mignolet still seems to flap a bit and I am not sure why on this forum he won MOM - however you guys know far better than I do - hopefully for you his confidence is coming back.

Criticism of Gayle for going down easily in the first half probably justified I think, however he is not a dishonest player overall and does get kicked around a lot!!  Also for such a big guy Balotelli was not exactly scythed down for the free kick you got goal 2 from was he?  Strong breeze suddenly gushed in and he lost his balance??  So ease up a little on Dwight Gayle - exactly the same criticism could just as easily be levelled at Mr Balotelli!

I shook hands with few of your guys after the game on the very LHS of the away 'end' - nice to see vociferous support and good spirit shown - particularly as there was some silliness going on which seemed totally OTT.

Anyway - good luck in the next round - could be fruity if you get MUFC!  No reason why your team with its increasing confidence should not go all the way.

Be kind to us at Anfield - we will probably still need some points to stay up!!

All the best

Always interesting and good hearing the thoughts from the opposition fans after the game.

Agree we performed well and deserved the win on this occasion. Palace is a bit of a bogey ground for us and a lot of our fans thought it may be another banana skin.

Henderson never stops running and is the engine of our team which can go unnoticed at times. Joe Allen is marmite amongst our fans though, in fact, the majority dislike him but this was one of his better games in recent months.

Mignolet has been a different keeper for the last 3 or 4 weeks and his confidence is coming back. He has cost us games this season but on Saturday it was another steady performance from him. I don't blame him for your goal either, that was completely Skrtels doing in my opinion, he should have dealt with it.

For me it was a foul on Balotelli. It was soft, but there was contact and therefore it's a foul in the modern game. Ridiculous really because football is supposedly a contact sport. There were 2 or 3 times Gayle went down without any contact made though. I imagine your quite right and he does get kicked left right and centre most weeks, he is a little tricky player, but I wasn't impressed with his antics on Saturday and like others have mentioned had Suarez done the same then their would be uproar.

A well fought game on Saturday but I think in the end we had just a little bit to much for you.

I quite like Palace. Your support always seems to be consistent and I hope you stay in the premier league. Pardew isn't my cup of tea personally but I think you'll do alright under him and next season climb up the league into the mid table positions.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #461: Feb 16, 2015 11:06:37 am

With a name like yours, who'd a thunk the wind could make you fall over.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #462: Feb 16, 2015 06:00:21 pm

''What the f*ck are you made of,straw? you fall with the smallest breeze ,yoo f*ckin cheating pussy ''
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #463: Feb 16, 2015 06:17:38 pm
      Snag is that we don't see him play week in week out - his save with his foot when one on one with Gayle was very good.
      Could just as easily say ditto Henderson and Henderson was cautioned too - but whatever - to be fair, if LFC had not scored from that free kick it was somewhat delaying the inevitable.

You couldn't say the same for Henderson though. Henderson didn't even touch Gayle. He didn't mistime anything - he pulled out before he could touch Gayle, yet Gayle leaps to the ground. Balotelli wasn't fouled particularly badly, but it was definitely a foul. Gayle's was just egregious diving. I'm sure he is kicked around most games, but you are defending the indefensible here.

I appreciate an opposition fan coming over here for a bit of a chat though.
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2015 07:16:21 pm by Thaddeus »
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #464: Feb 16, 2015 07:49:44 pm
      Good draw in the next round with Rovers at home. Should go on and win this comp.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #465: Feb 16, 2015 07:57:12 pm
      This was never going to be an easy game given our recent games against them, was shocked to see people say it was a good draw to get!!

Thought Markovic was poor, didn't seem to be doing enough defensively, something he will have to improve on.

Went behind but kept our cool and turned it around, good stuff!!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #466: Feb 16, 2015 07:57:46 pm
      Good draw in the next round with Rovers at home. Should go on and win this comp.

The best part is that Arse drew the Mancs. In one fell stroke we became favourites.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #467: Feb 16, 2015 08:18:26 pm
      No easy games in the cup but you can't knock a home tie to a club in another division. F***ing excellent.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #468: Feb 16, 2015 08:25:55 pm
      No easy games in the cup but you can't knock a home tie to a club in another division. F***ing excellent.

Just as the scum are making a hash of it against Preston right now, it probably won't be straightforward, but the draw could have hardly gone better if I'd done it myself.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #469: Feb 16, 2015 08:52:43 pm
      Arse will ease out Scum in next round!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #470: Feb 16, 2015 08:58:56 pm
      Scum might not make the next round at this rate.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #471: Feb 16, 2015 10:12:24 pm
      Draw could deffo have been worse. Home draw, and then the Scum play the Arse (hopefully draw, then replay with ET)...

Stevie can start practicing his cup raising :)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #472: Feb 16, 2015 11:23:26 pm
      Draw could deffo have been worse. Home draw, and then the Scum play the Arse (hopefully draw, then replay with ET)...

Stevie can start practicing his cup raising :)

davey d says its bollox.

Anyway,wanted gooners at home to get rid of the best team in tha hat. going to be dificult beat them in London. Kevin Friend makes sure we wont make the final unfortunately
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #473: Feb 17, 2015 01:25:06 am
      Seems ages since I got back on here. And seems to be longer after each game. So busy at the mo.  Any way, great result, solid performance all round.  Thought we always looked the better side, and the win was inevitable, about time too.
      Went for Migs motm, he only really done what he was expected to do, but I've given him so much sh*te over the weeks, thought I'd go with him. Could have been Hendo or Can. Generally we didn't seem to hit top form, but somehow I was never worried we'd lose. Really weird. Ground them down really.
      As for the draw today, relatively comfortable with that, although, as said in an earlier post, I would also have liked the arse at Anfield, and they will likely have been thinking, yeah, Liverpool at the emirates. Unless we draw them in the semi's, think it will be them and us in the final to be honest. Shame really, it would mean so much more to beat the mancs there. Just to see the bas**rds squirming in pain. Don't think its gonna happen though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #474: Feb 17, 2015 06:14:38 pm

Buy Nivea men bi*ch!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #475: Feb 18, 2015 01:41:09 am

Gayle looks like he has too much Nivea on mate. Forgot to wipe some of it off.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #476: Feb 18, 2015 10:12:01 am
      Gayle looks like he has too much Nivea on mate. Forgot to wipe some of it off.

Would explain why he's a slippery little b***ard :D

Quick Reply