Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool v Besiktas, Europa League, Rd of 32: Thurs 19th Feb 20:05 KO

Read 20314 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool v Besiktas, Europa League, Rd of 32: Thurs 19th Feb 20:05 KO
      Reply #138: Feb 19, 2015 05:36:48 pm
      On a side note - went to see thon 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' last night. Was the only bloke there but I knew it was going to be good cause the whole  place was buzzin...

Taxi...  :f_whistle:
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #139: Feb 19, 2015 05:38:53 pm
      Trabzonspor 1 - 2 Liverpool. Game date: Thursday 26 August 2010 at 20:30,
      Stadium: Hüseyin Avni Aker Stadium. Competition: Europa League

Incidentally, the formation was 3-4-2-1  :P

Reina
      Kelly-Kyrgiakos-Carra
      Johnson-Lucas-Poulsen-Aurelio
      Kuyt-Cole
      Ngog
      Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Babel, Spearing, Shelvey, Skrtel, Eccleston

But having known Woy, it must have been a flat 5-4-1.. Oh, those dark times..

Jesus that is depressing to look at!  :couch:

I suppose tonight we will find out where the Europa League fits in to Rodgers plans. With very important league games against Southampton and City coming up as well as an FA Cup quarter final I don't envy Rodgers job of prioritising! I would imagine there will be changes without it being a "weakened" side. Lovren's reintroduction to the squad recently, and decent (albeit brief) performances might suggest he gets a nod tonight. I would imagine Skrtel and Sakho make up the rest of the back three? Anything less may be tinkering too much with a winning formula.

If Lovren plays that could allow Can to move into midfield. If these cenral midfielders for Besiktas are as physical as our friend described then Can may be better suited for a scrap than Allen? Add to that my growing obsession to see him in and around the box! I would imagine Henderson would start, but he looked tired against Palace. Standard sub for Allen on 60 mins to save him?

Out wide I would imagine Ibe would get the nod. Impressed since he came back, fresh, and being a home tie and a first leg there may be less pressure (although after starting against Everton at Goodison I don't think pressure phases him!). Moreno on theleft is the most likely option. Although I would like to see Rodgers go for it early and play Lallana or Sterling there and go very attacking! Play the other (Lallana/Sterling) in the advanced role behind the front two.

Obviously by front two I mean Sturridge and Balotelli. The two of them together look a real handful for a defence and seem to compliment each other well. I see no reason to start Balotelli if Sturridge isn't on the pitch, otherwise its just going to be the same Balotelli we seen before Christmas. No movement, back to goal, 30+yard shots. And Sturridge needs minutes (As does Lallana). I'm not saying he's ready for 90 mins, but if that team plays totheir potential then it won't take 90 mins to end this match!

I would love to see Rodgers go for:

There is so much attacking threat there that if we can get a hold of the game early we should get our chances. Also it's a team of workers (yes I know Mario is there!) so I wouldn't be terrified about defending either (And yes I know Lovren is there too!)

The possibilities in attack especially if we encourage Sterling and Ibe to swap regularly would be a nightmare for their back four. Sturridge and Balotelli dragging center halves all over the pitch, Sterling and Ibe turning full backs inside out, Lallana running at them and Can coming from deep... there has to be goals in that!

I would leave Coutinho at home for this. He's shattered, We thought the lad struggled last year with his first experience of the busy christmas period... well he excelled this year. He's more than earned a quick rest! And it looks like we have a few other players willing and able to take over!

We're Liverpool, we're in magnificent form, we have a great attack there, we have goals in us. Let's unleash a few tonight! 3-0 Lallana, Balotelli and Can!

Come On Redmen!!!  :scarf:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #140: Feb 19, 2015 05:40:08 pm
      Jesus that is depressing to look at!  :couch:

I suppose tonight we will find out where the Europa League fits in to Rodgers plans. With very important league games against Southampton and City coming up as well as an FA Cup quarter final I don't envy Rodgers job of prioritising! I would imagine there will be changes without it being a "weakened" side. Lovren's reintroduction to the squad recently, and decent (albeit brief) performances might suggest he gets a nod tonight. I would imagine Skrtel and Sakho make up the rest of the back three? Anything less may be tinkering too much with a winning formula.

If Lovren plays that could allow Can to move into midfield. If these cenral midfielders for Besiktas are as physical as our friend described then Can may be better suited for a scrap than Allen? Add to that my growing obsession to see him in and around the box! I would imagine Henderson would start, but he looked tired against Palace. Standard sub for Allen on 60 mins to save him?

Out wide I would imagine Ibe would get the nod. Impressed since he came back, fresh, and being a home tie and a first leg there may be less pressure (although after starting against Everton at Goodison I don't think pressure phases him!). Moreno on theleft is the most likely option. Although I would like to see Rodgers go for it early and play Lallana or Sterling there and go very attacking! Play the other (Lallana/Sterling) in the advanced role behind the front two.

Obviously by front two I mean Sturridge and Balotelli. The two of them together look a real handful for a defence and seem to compliment each other well. I see no reason to start Balotelli if Sturridge isn't on the pitch, otherwise its just going to be the same Balotelli we seen before Christmas. No movement, back to goal, 30+yard shots. And Sturridge needs minutes (As does Lallana). I'm not saying he's ready for 90 mins, but if that team plays totheir potential then it won't take 90 mins to end this match!

I would love to see Rodgers go for:

There is so much attacking threat there that if we can get a hold of the game early we should get our chances. Also it's a team of workers (yes I know Mario is there!) so I wouldn't be terrified about defending either (And yes I know Lovren is there too!)

The possibilities in attack especially if we encourage Sterling and Ibe to swap regularly would be a nightmare for their back four. Sturridge and Balotelli dragging center halves all over the pitch, Sterling and Ibe turning full backs inside out, Lallana running at them and Can coming from deep... there has to be goals in that!

I would leave Coutinho at home for this. He's shattered, We thought the lad struggled last year with his first experience of the busy christmas period... well he excelled this year. He's more than earned a quick rest! And it looks like we have a few other players willing and able to take over!

We're Liverpool, we're in magnificent form, we have a great attack there, we have goals in us. Let's unleash a few tonight! 3-0 Lallana, Balotelli and Can!

Come On Redmen!!!  :scarf:

I like it!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #141: Feb 19, 2015 06:01:51 pm
      Wishful thinking.

Lethal.

Welcome to Liverpool.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #142: Feb 19, 2015 06:07:26 pm

LFCexiled
      Reply #143: Feb 19, 2015 06:12:13 pm
      Expect a few renditions of Luis Garcia tonight, the lads in town:

Luis Garcia ‏@LuchoGarcia14  8 hrs8 hours ago
      Tonight at Anfield YNWA will be sing loud as always is...@LFC vs Besiktas #memories  #oncearedalwaysared
      LFCexiled
      Reply #144: Feb 19, 2015 06:13:08 pm
       ;D

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #145: Feb 19, 2015 06:28:11 pm
      Usually go out for a bite to eat in Wetherspoons, on a Thursday, with my mates, but staying in to watch the game tonight on tv. Gone for a 2  0 win for the Reds, looking forward to the match.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #146: Feb 19, 2015 06:29:53 pm

Looks good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #147: Feb 19, 2015 06:33:43 pm
      Expect a few renditions of Luis Garcia tonight, the lads in town:

Luis Garcia ‏@LuchoGarcia14  8 hrs8 hours ago
      Tonight at Anfield YNWA will be sing loud as always is...@LFC vs Besiktas #memories  #oncearedalwaysared

Wonderful to see. What an absolute pivotal and incredible contribution he made in the road to Istanbul. His efforts in the 2006 FA Cup was wonderful as well, especially that goal against Chelsea in the semi final at Old Trafford. I love the guy!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #148: Feb 19, 2015 06:34:00 pm
      :lmao: @ LFCexiled
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #149: Feb 19, 2015 06:49:25 pm
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #150: Feb 19, 2015 06:55:52 pm
      sterling on the bench
       Ibe takes his place  the rest mostly as expected according to thisisanfield
      Come on reds, fast start and early goal/s please
       crowd has to do its job too
       YNWA
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #151: Feb 19, 2015 07:10:11 pm

Quick Reply