Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 1-0 Besiktas: In game and Post Match 'Half time in this tie' debate

Read 32177 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Besiktas: In game and Post Match 'Half time in this tie' debate
      Reply #506: Feb 19, 2015 10:16:25 pm
      Rodgers was just asked who was supposed to take the penalty?

BR: "Steven Gerrard!"

Good answer in fairness, diffuse the situation in the media.

Hahaha loved it. His face is priceless there.
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Besiktas: In game and Post Match 'Half time in this tie' debate
      Reply #507: Feb 19, 2015 10:16:37 pm
      F**k off Steven Gerrard out of order him throwing Balo under a bus after his contributions over the past week guy can't do right for doing wrong.

He's not though? He said that Hendo was on pens and that the players should respect the instructions of the manager?..

Sorry for quoting the wrong post

But I read it wrong, I didn't think Hendo would have been on pens, both Sturridge and Balotelli would have been ahead of him for me and I read it wrong that he was telling Studge that Balo was on them.

I'm surprised Hendo was on them, but if he was it shouldn't have been like that on the pitch.
      (I'd have given it Balo)

However F**k it we won, thought actually we played a professional European game and won without looking at threat and creating a few chances. I'm happy with that

Thought Hendo and young Jordon were superb

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #508: Feb 19, 2015 10:17:40 pm

F**k OFF Alfie2510, stop talking out of your f***in sphincter, disrespectful tw*t. F**k off and support blueshite, they turn on their player too, you'll fit right in

KUNT!!!!

Tad over reaction. I blame hendo for separating all us fans. Ha
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #509: Feb 19, 2015 10:18:05 pm

You F**k off

Strong words from the captain though... Not happy one bit with Mario, and now everyone knows it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #510: Feb 19, 2015 10:18:23 pm
      Henderson needs to grow a pair as captain.

Gerrard should shut his mouth he's never liked or supported Balo since he arrived.
      Gerrard basically refused to play right wing under Rafa who is he to talk about disrespect and team orders. Better off without him just now away and sun yourself in LA Stevie and accept the club has moved on from you
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #511: Feb 19, 2015 10:18:53 pm
      Tad over reaction. I blame hendo for separating all us fans. Ha

You didn't clarify with your earlier bit. Do you not like Hendo or are you winding us up?  ???

This is the comment I was talking about.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #512: Feb 19, 2015 10:19:27 pm
      Gerrard should shut his mouth he's never liked or supported Balo since he arrived.
      Gerrard basically refused to play right wing under Rafa who is he to talk about disrespect and team orders. Better off without him just now away and sun yourself in LA Stevie and accept the club has moved on from you

Hooooooly sh*t.
      WTF mate?
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #513: Feb 19, 2015 10:19:33 pm

Eh, over-reaction maybe?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #514: Feb 19, 2015 10:20:33 pm

Jesus

Is that refusing to play right side when he scored about 20 goals there in a season playing on the right side?

Look I bet to F**k that this is forgotten now.. I think we should and stop making such a big deal over it

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #515: Feb 19, 2015 10:20:43 pm
      You didn't clarify with your earlier bit. Do you not like Hendo or are you winding us up?  ???

Sorry on my phone so missing quotes. I'm not winding you up.

Tongue n cheek is all
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #516: Feb 19, 2015 10:21:39 pm

This is the comment I was talking about.

What's the question? I called you a sap is all.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #517: Feb 19, 2015 10:21:49 pm
      Sorry on my phone so missing quotes. I'm not winding you up.

Tongue n cheek is all

Fair  ;D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #518: Feb 19, 2015 10:22:22 pm
      What's the question? I called you a sap is all.

Which made me think that I'd been caught out by irony, but I wanted clarification.

Edit: Because if you'd been slagging off Hendo, we'd have had a problem  :f_tongueincheek:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #519: Feb 19, 2015 10:22:42 pm
      For me, that was a proper tactical match with play and counter play all over, enjoyable in that sense.

As for the peno sh*te, forget about the characters/names involved, the manager sets out the players and their responsibilities and that's the fella who walks out in front of the cameras and takes all the bullets so you do as you're told, end of.

If, IF he'd missed it then we'd have had a sh*t storm in the changies but as it stands there's a minor sh*t storm going on where the manager and balo are at loggerheads because he didn't follow the TEAM plan.

Balotelli's improving but the lad still has a lot to learn.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #520: Feb 19, 2015 10:23:14 pm
      Yep ok Mario stole a march, so f***in what, out of order may be I'm sure he and Danny will kiss and make up, Hendo made the decision on the pitch at the time, gave the ball to Balo, he scored end of story, had he fu**ed it and missed then fair enough Studge would have a case, but look at the final score, we won, the team won, we have a one goal lead going into the away leg,

Mountains & molehills spring to mind !

YNWA
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Besiktas
      Reply #521: Feb 19, 2015 10:23:20 pm
      Its out of line because you are slagging off the character of one of our players without evidence. Major WUM behaviour.
      I'm doing the same. Watch his interviews. Look at the photos. I can't see any evidence for petulance or sulkiness at all.
      It is a question of fact. One of us is wrong, and you aren't offering any justification.

No evidence ? Didnt congratulate his team mate after scoring the only goal of the game you clown
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #522: Feb 19, 2015 10:23:36 pm
      So much for winning making us all get along better.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #523: Feb 19, 2015 10:23:58 pm

Who is this guy and why is he free to use the internet unattended?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #524: Feb 19, 2015 10:24:04 pm
      If Balo is on the pitch and Stevie isn't, I would have Balo take any set peice over Hendo every day of the week.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #525: Feb 19, 2015 10:24:16 pm
      Jesus

Is that refusing to play right side when he scored about 20 goals there in a season playing on the right side?

Look I bet to f**k that this is forgotten now.. I think we should and stop making such a big deal over it

It's too late mate.... The club is ruined... ruined. So the media will make out anyways.

Ye a whole lot of nothing. Score more goals will sort it out. All to desperate to up their low tallies
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #526: Feb 19, 2015 10:25:32 pm
      Which made me think that I'd been caught out by irony, but I wanted clarification.

Edit: Because if you'd been slagging off Hendo, we'd have had a problem  :f_tongueincheek:

Ah I get ya now.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #527: Feb 19, 2015 10:26:08 pm
      If Balo is on the pitch and Stevie isn't, I would have Balo take any set peice over Hendo every day of the week.

You would, I would... But the gaffer wouldn't and his instructions are the ones that count.

It's too late mate.... The club is ruined... ruined. So the media will make out anyways.

Ye a whole lot of nothing. Score more goals will sort it out. All to desperate to up their low tallies

Never have nor ever will worry about what the media or anyone say about us mate

So much for winning making us all get along better.

Aye, odd arguments.

lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #528: Feb 19, 2015 10:27:06 pm
      Not gonna slight Stevie one bit but think that's something that should have been said within the privacy of the team. Mario's presence against Tottenham , CP and today are the reasons we won. Give credit where credit is due. Praise in public and criticize in private. He's just now finding his confidence and form and the last thing we need is to pull the rug underneath him. Great win. Unbeaten streak continues. YNWA 

Quick Reply