Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Penalty-gate

Read 19603 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Penalty-gate
      Reply #184: Feb 21, 2015 09:53:59 pm
      Who's the lad at 1:43 ? That's a great save ! Is that Ibe ?  :))

That was sterling i think.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #185: Feb 21, 2015 10:22:58 pm
      Keep on arguing kids - you're almost there.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #186: Feb 21, 2015 10:29:25 pm
      Perhaps a penalty competition between the players, would not be a bad idea !
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #187: Feb 22, 2015 12:04:57 am
      Perhaps a penalty competition between the players, would not be a bad idea !

theres no need for that... just listen to the Managers decision as to who takes them...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #188: Feb 22, 2015 12:39:25 pm
      Quote from Flying Squirrel 39
      The fact that we,along with everyone else,are making a fuss out of this shows you the disruptive nature of this disrespectful pr**k.The fact he scored it is so beside the point.He completely disregarded the Captain´s authority,and that is simply unacceptable.He has a proven penalty record,ok.Ask for the ball,if the Captain says no,F**k off.What Sturridge did and what Steven said were not the best way to go about things,but I see where they are coming from.

Daniel was trying to get Jordan some balls and make his armband be respected,and Steven just said it as it is.None would have happened if this blackest of sheep weren´t on the pitch or in this club in the first place.All this embarrassing mess in return for a "great run" of 3 games which include 1 no-brainer tap-in and 1 penalty.Pathetic.

For the sake of this club´s reputation,integrity and respect we must get rid of this rotten apple.To think that Steven Gerrard will leave in the summer and he of all people might stay makes me shudder.

Fair point.

The issue here isn't whether he scored or not, and I don't believe there should be a "designated" penalty taker. Even the most prolific penalty takers miss penalties. The issue is whether he's a team player or not. This is someone who doesn't score/celebrate goals, doesn't pass the ball to team mates, doesn't start games, and doesn't respect his captain's/coach's authority. So the answer to that is clear.

Luckily England were destroyed by New Zealand in cricket, so that took most media headlines instead.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #189: Feb 22, 2015 12:42:07 pm
      Quote from Flying Squirrel 39
      The fact that we,along with everyone else,are making a fuss out of this shows you the disruptive nature of this disrespectful pr**k.The fact he scored it is so beside the point.He completely disregarded the Captain´s authority,and that is simply unacceptable.He has a proven penalty record,ok.Ask for the ball,if the Captain says no,F**k off.What Sturridge did and what Steven said were not the best way to go about things,but I see where they are coming from.

Daniel was trying to get Jordan some balls and make his armband be respected,and Steven just said it as it is.None would have happened if this blackest of sheep weren´t on the pitch or in this club in the first place.All this embarrassing mess in return for a "great run" of 3 games which include 1 no-brainer tap-in and 1 penalty.Pathetic.

For the sake of this club´s reputation,integrity and respect we must get rid of this rotten apple.To think that Steven Gerrard will leave in the summer and he of all people might stay makes me shudder.

Fair point.

The issue here isn't whether he scored or not, and I don't believe there should be a "designated" penalty taker. Even the most prolific penalty takers miss penalties. The issue is whether he's a team player or not. This is someone who doesn't score/celebrate goals, doesn't pass the ball to team mates, doesn't start games, and doesn't respect his captain's/coach's authority. So the answer to that is clear.

Luckily England were destroyed by New Zealand in cricket, so that took most media headlines instead.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #190: Feb 22, 2015 03:24:53 pm
      It's about time this thread was closed, what happened happened, whether you agree or not Ballotelli scored end of, should he have grabbed the ball of Hendo well we will argue all f***in year on that one, was he best pen taker on the pitch at the time undoubtedly, all the other sh*te that goes with it is irrelevant, whether that be Stevie' take on it or Mario's post match tweet, it's gone now, it's over the hill and far away, and apart form the scandalous frenzied cretinous media, and ourselves, no one else is f***in bothered anymore,

Don't know about any of you but I'm done with it...... Arrividerci !

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #191: Feb 22, 2015 03:43:31 pm
      Didn't Brendan come out and say that when he came on Balo became the number 1 penalty taker?? If so then this is all a simple case of poor communication, lock the thread it's just silly now.

Quick Reply