Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Foundation Game: Gerrard XI 2:2 Carragher XI

Read 51665 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: LFC Foundation Game: Gerrard XI 2:2 Carragher XI
      Reply #345: Mar 29, 2015 08:28:20 pm
      Just got home from the game, had a fantastic time.  Some great songs sung and it was awesome seeing past players playing alongside some of our newest ones and the Academy lads.

Also great to finally meet MsGerrard (Cas) and LFCexciled (Ian), hope you both enjoyed the game.

Ahhhhhhh man. Wish I'd gone the pub now. Arkles?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #346: Mar 29, 2015 08:48:06 pm
      Trying to rewatch the game on lfctv, jesus what a sh*te effort the channel is since the supposed expensive HD upgrade.  Every other Sky channel working fine except ours.

Reading some of the comments from whilst the game was on, yes it was quiet at times but there was some fine banter around the ground.

"We're black, we're white, we're F***ing dynamite"

Another was someone shouting that Terry was a secret Red after he went on a run through midfield  and him acknowledging it with a thunbs up.

Got to touch the big flag as it went across the Kop, even though I had to jump up to do it  :D

Just a fantastic day all round even though I'd only had 4 hours sleep after the Hen Party last night.

Loved it, loved it and loved it some more, thanks again for being given the opportunity to go (you know who you are)  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #347: Mar 29, 2015 08:51:17 pm
      Ahhhhhhh man. Wish I'd gone the pub now. Arkles?

Yep, we were hoping you'd make it mate but at least you got to the game with the little lad, even though he fell asleep.  That'll be something to embarress him with when he's older  ;D
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #348: Mar 29, 2015 09:11:28 pm
      Trying to rewatch the game on lfctv, jesus what a sh*te effort the channel is since the supposed expensive HD upgrade.  Every other Sky channel working fine except ours.

Reading some of the comments from whilst the game was on, yes it was quiet at times but there was some fine banter around the ground.

"We're black, we're white, we're f**king dynamite"

Another was someone shouting that Terry was a secret Red after he went on a run through midfield  and him acknowledging it with a thunbs up.

Got to touch the big flag as it went across the Kop, even though I had to jump up to do it  :D

Just a fantastic day all round even though I'd only had 4 hours sleep after the Hen Party last night.

Loved it, loved it and loved it some more, thanks again for being given the opportunity to go (you know who you are)  ;)

Hey Debs, so glad you enjoyed it. I watched it on LFCTV and really enjoyed it, but I wanted to be there to sing the songs, not that I didn't sing the songs, 'cos I did every last one of them. God only knows what the neighbours thought, plus I was like a performing seal clapping them all!
      It did appear quiet at times, especially the first half, but it's hard to evaluate on the tele.
      A fantastic day all round, and raised some serious money for good causes.
      Well done to all concerned.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #349: Mar 29, 2015 09:12:20 pm
      Only bit I was disappointed with was I'd just got to my seat, took my phone out to let Paul know I'd arrived safely and to get some pics of the lads warming up just below us and my F***ing battery died. 

So apologies that I've no pics or vids to post up  :mad:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #350: Mar 29, 2015 09:37:57 pm
      What an absolute priveledge to be at anfield today feeling very humbled to be able to see some superstars plying their trade again on the famous anfield turf and to be on the front row of the Kop was pretty awesome xxxxx proud to support the mighty Redmen of Lfc ynwa xxxxx

Boss to meet you Debs and LFC Exiled Ian....great reds on a great day  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/carol.johnson.75033/posts/10204130001875899?comment_id=10204131270347610&notif_t=feed_comment

Some on my pics on facebook.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #351: Mar 29, 2015 10:00:45 pm
      Hey Debs, so glad you enjoyed it. I watched it on LFCTV and really enjoyed it, but I wanted to be there to sing the songs, not that I didn't sing the songs, 'cos I did every last one of them. God only knows what the neighbours thought, plus I was like a performing seal clapping them all!
      It did appear quiet at times, especially the first half, but it's hard to evaluate on the tele.
      A fantastic day all round, and raised some serious money for good causes.
      Well done to all concerned.

Hun, I've sung those songs so many times at home over the years but never live, at the ground, on the Kop.

"We're gonna bounce in a minute"
      "How did you score that goal"
      "Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria"

Can't stop smiling  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #352: Mar 29, 2015 10:02:22 pm
      Think a draw was the perfect result for it
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #353: Mar 29, 2015 10:05:17 pm
      Think a draw was the perfect result for it

It did feel strange though cheering goals for both sides  ;D
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #354: Mar 29, 2015 10:06:06 pm
      Hun, I've sung those songs so many times at home over the years but never live, at the ground, on the Kop.

"We're gonna bounce in a minute"
      "How did you score that goal"
      "Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria"

Can't stop smiling  ;D

So glad you got to experience the Kop Debs, no where quite like it, and when the flag passes over, it's spine tingling.
      I have to confess to standing on the Kop many times on European nights, now that was an experience. Showing my age now! :D

JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #355: Mar 29, 2015 10:06:46 pm
      https://hoofoot.com/?match=Gerrard_XI_2_-_2_Carragher_XI_2015_03_29

Highlight videos ^

Balotelli was great today! More of the same next week please  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #356: Mar 29, 2015 10:14:22 pm
      https://hoofoot.com/?match=Gerrard_XI_2_-_2_Carragher_XI_2015_03_29

Highlight videos ^

Balotelli was great today! More of the same next week please  ;D

Yea he's great when playing in a snail paced game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #357: Mar 29, 2015 10:16:21 pm
      So glad you got to experience the Kop Debs, no where quite like it, and when the flag passes over, it's spine tingling.
      I have to confess to standing on the Kop many times on European nights, now that was an experience. Showing my age now! :D

My only ever game at Anfield was a European one hun, the Anzhi game but I wasn't on the Kop.  It didn't matter though as I'll never forget it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #358: Mar 29, 2015 10:29:23 pm
      Seems like it was a great day and jealous I wasn't there.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #359: Mar 29, 2015 10:40:30 pm
      That Fernando Torres bit......

Can somebody give me a cuddle?

F***ing choked man.

Think he probably needed that as much as we the fans did, its closure for us all now, we can all move on and wish each other the best.

I think you only need to look at how highly he speaks of the club and fans, he knows he made a massive mistake, he pretty much committed career suicide.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #360: Mar 29, 2015 10:43:04 pm
      Watching the 2nd half again and I have to say our youngsters didn't look out of place out there.

Brannagan, Texeira, Vigeroux and was it Joe Maguire who came on as LB for Carras team?  all did themselves proud today.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #361: Mar 29, 2015 10:58:07 pm
      Gutted they have pinched LFC TV off of my Sky package as I'd love to watch the full game. I'm glad Torres got a nice reception, it represents a bit if closure for the player and the fans I think and it was easier to do it now that he has moved on from the chavs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #362: Mar 29, 2015 11:05:08 pm
      Gutted they have pinched LFC TV off of my Sky package as I'd love to watch the full game. I'm glad Torres got a nice reception, it represents a bit if closure for the player and the fans I think and it was easier to do it now that he has moved on from the chavs.

Agreed mate.  You could tell how much he appreciated the reception he got.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #363: Mar 29, 2015 11:14:23 pm
      Agreed mate.  You could tell how much he appreciated the reception he got.

I'm glad, it's hard to hate a player that you loved so much. I can't think of a more popular (non-scouse) player at the club for those three years where he was so outstanding and I fookin loved singing that song. I had an away ticket for his first game for the chavs against us and swore I wouldn't boo before the game started but I lasted about five seconds as the feelings of betrayal kicked in, that was one of the most passionate away days I can recall. It's nice to be able to wish him well now that he is back at Atletico
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #364: Mar 29, 2015 11:23:08 pm
      I'm glad, it's hard to hate a player that you loved so much. I can't think of a more popular (non-scouse) player at the club for those three years where he was so outstanding and I fookin loved singing that song. I had an away ticket for his first game for the chavs against us and swore I wouldn't boo before the game started but I lasted about five seconds as the feelings of betrayal kicked in, that was one of the most passionate away days I can recall. It's nice to be able to wish him well now that he is back at Atletico

It's easier to hate than forgive mate, it supposedly helps with the healing process.  It's taken a while for us to get there but I think it needed to due to the nature of his leaving and the Club he went to.

There's no way he would have had that reception if it had come sooner.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #365: Mar 30, 2015 12:15:51 am
      How was Lucas lads, did he look up to speed? cheers
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #366: Mar 30, 2015 01:27:33 am
      How was Lucas lads, did he look up to speed? cheers

Mate, quite hard to reply to you asking a question about this game after what you said earlier.

He'll be good.

Still amazed by what we did as a club today. Who else does this type of thing?

Massive respect to everybody who went out of their way to turn up.

Ashley Williams played in Israel last night and came straight here to play for this. That is top drawer.

Some amazing amounts of money for amazing charities raised today. This type of day is what separates us from others.

Proper goodbyes for Alonso, Pepe, Luis and most emotionally for me Fernando Torres. I've never been affected by a player leaving us as much as when he did. It prepared me for the likes of our other foreign heroes leaving like Luis last season but since Nando left its become apparent that he fu**ed up and we actually well and truly gained from him leaving. There's been a lot of hate since he went but today though?Well it made me very F***ing happy to sing his song to him with thousands of others and know that it meant the F***ing world to him.

It was my highlight of the day.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #367: Mar 30, 2015 02:32:21 am
      Mate, quite hard to reply to you asking a question about this game after what you said earlier.

He'll be good.

Still amazed by what we did as a club today. Who else does this type of thing?

Massive respect to everybody who went out of their way to turn up.

Ashley Williams played in Israel last night and came straight here to play for this. That is top drawer.

Some amazing amounts of money for amazing charities raised today. This type of day is what separates us from others.

Proper goodbyes for Alonso, Pepe, Luis and most emotionally for me Fernando Torres. I've never been affected by a player leaving us as much as when he did. It prepared me for the likes of our other foreign heroes leaving like Luis last season but since Nando left its become apparent that he fu**ed up and we actually well and truly gained from him leaving. There's been a lot of hate since he went but today though?Well it made me very f**king happy to sing his song to him with thousands of others and know that it meant the f**king world to him.

It was my highlight of the day.

was emotional for me as well. to see torres... pepe..alonso... suarez amongst others that have donned a red shirt over the years. 

once a red.... forever a red

Quick Reply