Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Foundation Game: Gerrard XI 2:2 Carragher XI

Read 51674 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: LFC Foundation Game - 29th March - Suarez, Torres to return
      Reply #161: Mar 24, 2015 03:49:01 pm
      Got LFC.TV back just for this. £7 p/m. ;D.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #162: Mar 24, 2015 04:06:28 pm
      Just hope i can catch the match somehow in South America. Looks like it wont be on any of my channels :(
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #163: Mar 24, 2015 04:13:19 pm
      Just hope i can catch the match somehow in South America. Looks like it wont be on any of my channels :(

Guess you have to find a stream :(
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #164: Mar 24, 2015 04:25:33 pm
      IT will be online via the LFC website. online is cheaper subscription, £4 I think p/m
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #165: Mar 24, 2015 05:41:59 pm

Looks that way. Gutted
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #166: Mar 24, 2015 05:50:31 pm
      Good news for those of you who still want tickets.

Liverpool FC have released the following further ticket sale information for the All-Star charity match to be played at Anfield on Sunday March 29.

A limited number of tickets will be available to purchase from 10am GMT on Tuesday March 24.

Tickets will be available online only.

Thanks for that Debs, had no idea 'til I read your post. We did try, all three of us, sadly we weren't successful, but at least we knew about it and could try.
      Enjoy your day, and safe journey.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #167: Mar 24, 2015 05:56:23 pm
      Thanks for that Debs, had no idea 'til I read your post. We did try, all three of us, sadly we weren't successful, but at least we knew about it and could try.
      Enjoy your day, and safe journey.

Sorry to hear that hun.  Do you have lfc.tv to watch it on there?  I believe they're doing a special 24hr sign up for £1 and the money goes to the same Charity.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #168: Mar 24, 2015 06:55:57 pm
      Sorry to hear that hun.  Do you have lfc.tv to watch it on there?  I believe they're doing a special 24hr sign up for £1 and the money goes to the same Charity.

Yes, I have it, but I'll let my daughters know about the 24hr sign up. Thanks again Debs, would love to be there but at least we can watch it!
      You just enjoy your day, you deserve it!   :hug:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #169: Mar 24, 2015 07:09:27 pm
      Yes, I have it, but I'll let my daughters know about the 24hr sign up. Thanks again Debs, would love to be there but at least we can watch it!
      You just enjoy your day, you deserve it!   :hug:

Thanks hun, I'll do my best  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #170: Mar 25, 2015 07:27:03 pm
      @thisisanfield: Charlie Adam, Jay Spearing, Anthony Gerrard, Scott Dann, Ashley Williams, Stewart Downing, Harry Kewell, Gael Clichy added to All Star match
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #171: Mar 25, 2015 07:29:41 pm
      Charlie Adam, Jay Spearing, Anthony Gerrard, Scott Dann, Ashley Williams, Stewart Downing, Harry Kewell, Gael Clichy added to All Star match

Christ, I get why Gerrard is there but all the others?!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #172: Mar 25, 2015 07:32:15 pm

Only ones I don't understand are, Terry, Ashley Williams and Clichy.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #173: Mar 25, 2015 07:37:51 pm

It's for charity though mate so fair play to them for giving up their time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #174: Mar 25, 2015 07:39:48 pm
      It's for charity though mate so fair play to them for giving up their time.

Yeah fair do's for that like it's not exactly the players I'd have thought. To be honest, I must admit, I was hoping Zidane would have made an appearance given how highly he rates Gerrard.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #175: Mar 25, 2015 07:48:01 pm
      Yeah fair do's for that like it's not exactly the players I'd have thought. To be honest, I must admit, I was hoping Zidane would have made an appearance given how highly he rates Gerrard.

Agreed mate but who knows he might still turn up.

Seems Roy is Carrras team manager.

Evans: How do I stop Luis, Torres and co?
      25th Mar 2015 - Latest News

Roy Evans faces a daunting task at Anfield on Sunday afternoon - coming up with a plan to subdue a strike-force consisting of Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and Thierry Henry.

He'll have to figure out how to cut off the supply to them too, as Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso look set to rekindle their partnership in the middle of the park for the day's All-Star charity game.

But then Evans will be taking charge of a team captained by Jamie Carragher, that Liverpool defensive stalwart of 737 battles, who is already relishing the challenge of clashing with Suarez and co.

The match at Anfield, which gets underway at 3pm BST, is being organised by the Liverpool FC Foundation and will raise money to support the work of important charities in the local community.

The Kop will welcome back some of their former heroes for the game which will be shown exclusively live on LFCTV and LFCTV GO - and Evans insists he will be dedicated to serving up a competitive spectacle.

Asked about the threat of Suarez, Torres and Henry, Evans responded: "How do you stop those sort of guys?

"We've got a team of lads who are good players. Some of them have been great players for Liverpool over the years.

"The main thing is that the people who come get some entertainment and the lads that play enjoy doing it, because it's always great to come back to Anfield and I'm sure they'll love that.

"It's great that these people, these superstars from over the years, have come back to pay tribute. I'm sure the fans are going to love it.

"It's going to be competitive - there's no point playing a game and making it into a friendly game. It's got to be about the competition. These lads are all competitive.

"They are all guys who have achieved big things in their careers. So it's important that we treat it as a proper match - that's the way it's been set out to me: we set it up as a proper Premier League match. Hopefully it turns out that way."

Evans will once again manage Carragher, the young lad from Bootle to whom he handed a Liverpool debut in January 1997 - and he held the defender up as a perfect illustration for the younger generation to aspire to.

"Carra's a great example to use for kids, to show how he developed from being a player in the reserve team," said Evans of the player who won the hearts of Kopites during a 16-year Anfield spell.

"He wasn't one who you would definitely have said he was going to make the grade [at first]. But he improved at every stage of his career; on and on. His effort and determination to get there was fantastic and what a great player he was for us.

"It's the same with Steven Gerrard, who was there coming through the ranks during my time at the club. Unfortunately, I couldn't really play him. He had a few injuries and a few things going on.

"But we know each other through the youth development side. It's great to see two great guys and two guys from the city as well."

LFCTV HD will broadcast the match live and exclusively in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, and the game will be available for fans around the world to watch on LFCTV GO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #176: Mar 25, 2015 07:53:10 pm
      Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and Thierry Henry.

Suarez of last season, Torres in his first season with us and Henry at his best, with Gerrard and Alonso supplying them. Now that would have won a lot of trophies!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #177: Mar 25, 2015 08:08:04 pm
      Suarez of last season, Torres in his first season with us and Henry at his best, with Gerrard and Alonso supplying them. Now that would have won a lot of trophies!!

We would have been awesome mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #178: Mar 25, 2015 08:11:29 pm

Sweet Jesus!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #179: Mar 25, 2015 08:18:31 pm

Wouldn't have even needed a back four. Just out-score everyone ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #180: Mar 25, 2015 08:23:01 pm
      We would have been awesome mate.

give me Kewell and downing any day.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #181: Mar 25, 2015 09:18:34 pm
      So he´s going to celebrate his lifelong commitment to Liverpool by playing with people that after 3+ years here pushed for a move out of the club to move on to "bigger and better clubs"?No other contemporary former Reds other than Carragher and Reina deserve to be on that pitch with Steven Gerrard,much less Suarez,Torres and Alonso,regardless of how fantastic they were.It would be as if they were doing us a favor by coming back for 1 game,embarrasing really.Except for Torres,it would be embarrasing as hell for him to put on a red again in Anfield,what ignominy.

I´d rather see Gerrard play 1 half-time only with Rush and Fowler so they wouldn´t get tired than watch him play alongside people that deemed themselves "too big" for this club.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #182: Mar 25, 2015 09:54:17 pm
      Good news for those of you who still want tickets.

Liverpool FC have released the following further ticket sale information for the All-Star charity match to be played at Anfield on Sunday March 29.

A limited number of tickets will be available to purchase from 10am GMT on Tuesday March 24.

Tickets will be available online only.

That's seriously f*cking annoying. I was trying all day online and on the phone to get tickets. Had flights reserved and hotel booking page ready to go. If they just sold all of the seats like they said they were doing, this wouldn't happen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #183: Mar 27, 2015 12:52:14 pm
      So he´s going to celebrate his lifelong commitment to Liverpool by playing with people that after 3+ years here pushed for a move out of the club to move on to "bigger and better clubs"?No other contemporary former Reds other than Carragher and Reina deserve to be on that pitch with Steven Gerrard,much less Suarez,Torres and Alonso,regardless of how fantastic they were.It would be as if they were doing us a favor by coming back for 1 game,embarrasing really.Except for Torres,it would be embarrasing as hell for him to put on a red again in Anfield,what ignominy.

I´d rather see Gerrard play 1 half-time only with Rush and Fowler so they wouldn´t get tired than watch him play alongside people that deemed themselves "too big" for this club.

Sounding like an Evertonian you divvy!!

Alonso and Suarez moved on abroad to teams regarded with us as the biggest in Europe, so no complaints either.

And I mean what did Xabi ever do for Liverpool............... ...................ah!!

Quick Reply