Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Learning HTML & CSS

Read 3713 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Learning HTML & CSS
      Feb 25, 2016 02:56:48 pm
      I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of good resources to learn a little something about HTML & CSS or Javascript etc

I'm studying for an MSc, not Computer Science related, at the moment so I'm just looking for something fun and interesting to learn in my limited spare time. I took a class in Computing Science at school to fill my timetable before I went to do undergrad and I enjoyed learning about that but obviously it wasn't a priority and much of that knowledge is gone now.

Any good resources, tips or advice on a coherent and realistic plan/goals would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016 03:14:20 pm by KS67 »
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Learning HTML & CSS
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2016 02:57:12 pm
      Free courses are on offer from MIT now, plus your well known free sites like Code Academy and Khan Academy.

There'll be coding specific courses on things like Coursera as well.

Sorry I can't be of more help, not really something I've done more than dabble in. I'm sure we've got a more experienced resident coder somewhere in the LFCReds clan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2016 10:52:18 pm
      Try one of those websites mate:

www.coursera.org
      www.edx.org

I'm too lazy right now to look for specific courses, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to find at least one course - if not many of them - that are of the kind you're looking for.

I've done a few programming lessons myself on Coursera and quite enjoyed them, though as I don't use it on my daily work I've also forgotten most of what I knew.

I've also finished multiple courses on both platforms and they're usually of a very high quality.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: Mar 07, 2016 07:52:59 pm
      There are an insane amount of great resources for HTML and CSS. A decent one is w3schools which I use as a quick access if I need to look a certain tag up that I've forgotten.

http://www.w3schools.com/

Quick Reply