Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 93111 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #575: Jul 03, 2015 03:24:36 pm
      Sell Balo for 5 mil, are you having a laugh ? For that money, we'll better give him another chance.

If we then sell (bare in mind I am pricing them at their lowest):

I am pricing them at their lowest which I believe clubs will 99.9% take a chance and buy, by no means do I want to see Balo sold for £5m.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #576: Jul 03, 2015 03:26:21 pm
      I feel the same way and think the striker can wait :)

We do, but also a defensive mid which I would priorities first. If it were a toss up between Carvalho or Lacazette,  I really would choose Carvalho.

:throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw:

I have to exit this debate before I really lose myself.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #577: Jul 03, 2015 03:28:45 pm
      :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw:

I would be more than happy to debate. As I mentioned, I would rather we take a risk on the DM as I feel it would be better for the team as a whole.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #578: Jul 03, 2015 03:41:53 pm

Come on mate. I wouldn't buy Carvahlo myself (I think he is overhyped beyond his ability so would cost far too much relative to other players), but he is still a great player, and there's definitely a case to be made for wanting a high quality DM over a high quality striker. Whether you agree is a totally different thing to saying (what I think is implied by the throw emoticons, correct me if I misread that) that it is an absurd argument.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #579: Jul 03, 2015 04:19:14 pm
      I would be more than happy to debate. As I mentioned, I would rather we take a risk on the DM as I feel it would be better for the team as a whole.

Come on mate. I wouldn't buy Carvahlo myself (I think he is overhyped beyond his ability so would cost far too much relative to other players), but he is still a great player, and there's definitely a case to be made for wanting a high quality DM over a high quality striker. Whether you agree is a totally different thing to saying (what I think is implied by the throw emoticons, correct me if I misread that) that it is an absurd argument.

Not debating Carvalho or Illarra or any other DM. I think they would all be nice additions here and prove to be worthy.

But to say you would rather get a top class DM and no striker, is absurd.

If anyone thinks that you are just f**king delusional. Yes lets trust Origi, who was voted in as one of the worst players of the French League, and had a bad scoring record, and a young kid from Burnley who has had one year in the prem and hasn't been at a top club yet. What a great idea. And no PM, I am not going to debate this. It isn't worth my time.

P.S. for the record I am not having a dig at Origi or Ings, they can be good players, but we shouldn't be putting our eggs in their basket.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #580: Jul 03, 2015 04:25:34 pm
      Agree with Polo here.

If we end this window without having bought a quality striker then we really are crazy.

We will buy one however and the only debate will be if he really is quality.

A DM is a bonus and I'm not even sure were after one as Brendan doesn't really use then and we haven't bought one since he took over.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #581: Jul 03, 2015 04:29:45 pm
      We wont get a DM or rather not a pure DM in the mould of Carvahlo as its not the way Rodgers wants to play. Maybe a DLPM depending on funds.

Beneteke will be here sooner or later

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #582: Jul 03, 2015 04:31:25 pm
      Really don't mind if we do buy Benteke

I think he'll bring another dimension to our attack which, whilst fluid, is getting predictable. Or put another way, we will have a striker capable of knocking the ball, defender, and goalkeeper into the back of the net. All at once.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #583: Jul 03, 2015 04:57:22 pm
      We are still in need of clearing out 4 players at least:
      Lambert, borini, balotelli and Enrique

Sell due to the situation:
      Sterling

Possibly loan out:
      Gomez, Sinclair

But need to bring in a LB, DM and a striker

If we do all of this then we will have had a damn fine transfer window

Feel Milner, Firmino, Ings and clyne are all very very good additions for varying reasons

Lovren, Sakho, Allen, Moreno, Markovic will hopefully all start to show some quality and consistency

Starting to feel a lot more optimistic than I was 6 weeks ago

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #584: Jul 03, 2015 05:14:37 pm
      If anyone thinks that you are just f**king delusional.

I understand why you would prefer a striker over a DM, you feel lack of goals is down to having poor strikers with Origi and Ings not to be trusted, adding to this, you feel our DM is adequate enough.
      I believe I made valid points of wanting a DM/DLPM over a striker and feel control in the middle is the key. Way I see it, we can still play efficiently and effectively without having a 15+ league goal scorer, as long as we have that exceptional base in midfield to dominate the middle.

There is absolutely nothing delusional about this thinking.

We wont get a DM or rather not a pure DM in the mould of Carvahlo as its not the way Rodgers wants to play. Maybe a DLPM depending on funds.

Beneteke will be here sooner or later

You are right, which is a shame in my opinion, but then again, we don't even know how Rodgers wants to play these days :(

P.S. for the record I am not having a dig at Origi or Ings, they can be good players, but we shouldn't be putting our eggs in their basket.

As I would not put all my eggs in Lucas or Allen's basket.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015 05:29:20 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #585: Jul 03, 2015 05:45:20 pm
      Out
      Sterling 35m?
      Coates 2m
      Aspas 5m
      Assaidi 4m (reportedly 4.7, but I will put 4m down)

In
      Clyne 12.5m
      Firmino 29m
      Ings 6m?
      New striker 25m?

26.5m net spend

If we then sell (bare in mind I am pricing them at their lowest):

Balo 5m?
      Borini 5m?
      Lambert 1m?
      Alberto 1m?
      Lucas or Allen 5m? (If we do get a new DM)

We would end up with a net spend of, 9.5m. Without selling Lucas or Allen, 14.5m. Either way, perhaps we can get one more 20-25m player in?

Edit: Thanks, Thaddeus

Wish people would stop putting the Firmino deal at £29 million. We've payed 22 up front then the other 7 mil is in clauses and add ons.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #586: Jul 03, 2015 05:49:44 pm
      Wish people would stop putting the Firmino deal at £29 million. We've payed 22 up front then the other 7 mil is in clauses and add ons.

Yes, but 29m is accounted for this summers window.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #587: Jul 04, 2015 03:33:58 pm
      We need goals, period. That is our first priority for a reason. If we really needed a DM that badly then Brendan and the committee would have put that a top their list, and they haven't. They have a striker as the absolute priority, and there is no coincidence in that.

Honestly, I would be okay with Benteke for 25M or less. Starting to warm to the idea. Maybe Brendan has a good way to utilize him, never really thought about it but obviously he wants him for a reason.

Whether Villa will sell for less than his release clause remains to be seen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #588: Jul 04, 2015 03:37:32 pm
      We need goals, period. That is our first priority for a reason. If we really needed a DM that badly then Brendan and the committee would have put that a top their list, and they haven't. They have a striker as the absolute priority, and there is no coincidence in that.

Honestly, I would be okay with Benteke for 25M or less. Starting to warm to the idea. Maybe Brendan has a good way to utilize him, never really thought about it but obviously he wants him for a reason.

Whether Villa will sell for less than his release clause remains to be seen.

Brendan hasn't been able to utilise Balotelli or Lambert properly so I have no confidence right now in him doing it with Benteke.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #589: Jul 04, 2015 04:19:51 pm
      Quality Striker, DM and a LB and then I believe we are good to go for the season
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #590: Jul 04, 2015 05:08:10 pm
      Quality Striker, DM and a LB and then I believe we are good to go for the season

I've got a feeling Can will be seen as our backup RB/LB so it will just be a CDM and a ST and we're done
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #591: Jul 04, 2015 05:17:50 pm
      I've got a feeling Can will be seen as our backup RB/LB so it will just be a CDM and a ST and we're done

I hope not Harry
      To me, he never looked that comfortable at RB and his lack of pace on the turn is exposed at the fullback position
      I do hope he gets to play more in midfield though.
      He did well at times last season and feel that he has a lot of potential to be a damn fine midfielder. Just needs more games
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #592: Jul 04, 2015 05:23:41 pm
      I hope not Harry
      To me, he never looked that comfortable at RB and his lack of pace on the turn is exposed at the fullback position
      I do hope he gets to play more in midfield though.
      He did well at times last season and feel that he has a lot of potential to be a damn fine midfielder. Just needs more games

I agree completely, but I think the fact that he is capable of filling in if necessary will mean we don't sign any more fullbacks...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #593: Jul 04, 2015 05:38:39 pm
      I agree completely, but I think the fact that he is capable of filling in if necessary will mean we don't sign any more fullbacks...

Totally understand your point.
      Just hope there is a little more cash in the attic at the club for us to keep plugging the blindingly obvious holes that we can all see

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #594: Jul 06, 2015 06:20:30 am

Do you want this to happen again ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtWZ3b9_iYQ
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #595: Jul 06, 2015 03:50:23 pm
      the fact that we've needed to buy so many players yet again frustrates me as Br  has bought some dross. he's bought the odd gem but to be fare he's not got it right that offten in the transfer market and for that reason a director of football is needed to take BR out the hot seat for buying players.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #596: Jul 06, 2015 03:55:09 pm
      In my opinion the areas we have so far bought for are the positions we needed to improve
      Can still see at least 2 more coming in and about 4-5 going out.
      Yes, it's another summer transfer window of a  high intake of players but we had to.
      Also have high hopes that many of those bought last season will start to push on also.
      We needed reinforcements and the club are going about it pretty well considering our track record and current situation in being unable to sign top top players.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #597: Jul 07, 2015 12:19:51 am
      the fact that we've needed to buy so many players yet again frustrates me as Br  has bought some dross. he's bought the odd gem but to be fare he's not got it right that offten in the transfer market and for that reason a director of football is needed to take BR out the hot seat for buying players.

I would have to agree with you ajay ,

Quick Reply