Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 92372 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #598: Jul 07, 2015 11:20:43 am
      I would have to agree with you ajay ,
      i'm a BR fan dont get me wrong but if we look at all the players he's bought  not many of them are top players more like squad players. For Squad players you want to be paying around 8-10mil not 25mil, also he's been buying to many and mixing the squad up every season he's not sticking to a core 5,6 players he's bringing in to many each year and chopping and changing so we've lost any identity. i just hope for oursake that we are done now buying so many and next summer we just go get 3 top players and do what chelsea now do. build on a team not completely change half of it every season. our strongest 11 next season should be able to last 3 seasons and then just add to it 3 top players and replace them with other frindge players.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #599: Jul 08, 2015 12:25:52 pm
      looking at some of the players who we've signed so far, they all have one thing in common.
      firminho
      milner
      ings
      clyne
      And thats the amount of distance they cover on average in a season is high, meaning there all really good at pressing and pressing high which is something we must have profiled when looking for players this summer. it cant be just a coincidence that they all have above average stats on distance covered over a season and minutes played meaning this year we've actually profiled the type of player we want hence why certain players who we would all want we've not even looked at because maybe they dont cover that much ground and are not great at pressing at hight intensity levels.
      this is all just my opinion but wanted to hear peopls views on our ins this season
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #600: Jul 08, 2015 01:47:46 pm
      Thats very perceptive.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #601: Jul 08, 2015 01:53:58 pm
      looking at some of the players who we've signed so far, they all have one thing in common.
      firminho
      milner
      ings
      clyne
      And thats the amount of distance they cover on average in a season is high, meaning there all really good at pressing and pressing high which is something we must have profiled when looking for players this summer. it cant be just a coincidence that they all have above average stats on distance covered over a season and minutes played meaning this year we've actually profiled the type of player we want hence why certain players who we would all want we've not even looked at because maybe they dont cover that much ground and are not great at pressing at hight intensity levels.
      this is all just my opinion but wanted to hear peopls views on our ins this season

Spot on post mate. Playing a high intensity pressing game is something we lacked last season between Suarez leaving and never replaced, and Gerrard and Johnson's legs giving up our intensity dropped dramatically on the season before.

Hopefully our new signings coupled with a new striker that can press from the front will see us playing to the intensity levels of the season before last.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #602: Jul 08, 2015 01:56:28 pm
      firminho
      milner
      ings
      clyne

Good point out, and it makes you wonder if Benteke is really the sloth some make him out to be. Why would Rodgers bring in only active players then go out and get a "so called" target man that doesn't move or press?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #603: Jul 08, 2015 02:56:47 pm
      firminho
      milner
      ings
      clyne

well spotted. Defo something that was lacking in certain games last season. Defo down to losing suarez, his pressing is probably the best in the game.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #604: Jul 08, 2015 03:29:12 pm
      Just been looking at their stats in work to kill some time and spotted there average distance per games are all above average from the front you got firmino who's stats are fantastic especially his tackels and dribbles along with Ings who runs and runs, with milner,can and henderson all workhorses we could have a real physical side that puts pressure and teams and dominates play. similar to like Barca 2 seasons ago when we seen how quick they pressed when they lost the ball. (not comparing us to Barca) but the same ethos going forward i think is the approach will might take. Looking at the UTD game we gave up and i bet most of us screamed at the TV "close him f**king down" from that game onwards as the players didnt press.
      we will see what happens hay
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #605: Jul 09, 2015 07:33:03 am
      Berahino just dropped his agent ... i think he's a better solution than Benteke.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #606: Jul 09, 2015 10:28:34 am
      Berahino just dropped his agent ... i think he's a better solution than Benteke.
      wise man as his agent was Ady Ward maybe Sterling should do the same. i would take him over Benteke big time fits our style more.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #607: Jul 09, 2015 03:05:22 pm
                           Migs

Clyne    Skrtel       Sakho     Moreno

Pedro    Milner    Coutinho   Firmino

Lacazette             Sturridge

Yes please  ;)
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015 03:29:05 pm by FL Red »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #608: Jul 09, 2015 03:24:52 pm
                           Migs

Pedro    Milner    Coutinho   Fimino

Yes please  ;)

With this line-up we will have the worst defence in EPL. Coutinho and Milner as CM's ? You must be joking.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #609: Jul 09, 2015 03:29:17 pm
      With this line-up we will have the worst defence in EPL. Coutinho and Milner as CM's ? You must be joking.

Defense is boring, scoring goals is fun.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #610: Jul 09, 2015 04:23:13 pm
                           Migs

Yes please  ;)

I would be worried if this was our side. We might score a sh*t ton of goals, but we will certainly concede just as much. No defense in that.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #611: Jul 09, 2015 04:37:33 pm
                           Migs

Yes please  ;)

But... But where's the triangle for Brendan to flip? Bet Andy Townsend will love it.though. All you'll hear is "Solid 4-4-2"
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015 04:48:08 pm by Class »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #612: Jul 10, 2015 07:18:07 am
      Good point out, and it makes you wonder if Benteke is really the sloth some make him out to be. Why would Rodgers bring in only active players then go out and get a "so called" target man that doesn't move or press?

What are Bentekes stats then for covering ground? I'll be very surprised if he does much running so until im proven otherwise I'll stick to my original thoughts of him being a target man that rarely moves or presses.

Can you shed some light on this ajay?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #613: Jul 10, 2015 08:11:58 am

I'd rather Benteke.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #614: Jul 10, 2015 02:07:09 pm
      not getting many 1st teamers out the door quick enough for me, just the 4 below would be enough
      Lambert
      Borini
      Allen
      Enrique
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #615: Jul 10, 2015 02:22:07 pm
      not getting many 1st teamers out the door quick enough for me, just the 4 below would be enough
      Lambert
      Borini
      Allen
      Enrique

Allen is signing a new contract.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #616: Jul 10, 2015 02:23:25 pm

Like a kick in the bollocks this news.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #617: Jul 10, 2015 02:55:51 pm
      Like a kick in the bollocks this news.

Why?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #618: Jul 10, 2015 03:02:18 pm

I was hoping we'll get rid of him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #619: Jul 10, 2015 03:07:47 pm
      I was hoping we'll get rid of him.

Ah. I forgot you're hatred of some of our own lads.

He's a very good player who will be an asset to the squad this season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #620: Jul 10, 2015 04:56:24 pm
      Ah. I forgot you're hatred of some of our own lads.

He's a very good player who will be an asset to the squad this season.

Agree

Quick Reply