Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 91955 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #621: Jul 10, 2015 06:32:06 pm
      Ah. I forgot you're hatred of some of our own lads.

He's a very good player who will be an asset to the squad this season.

Asset my arse, wait till he's shoved off the ball in every game against top 4 sides.

He's a mediocre player who stands up when everyone else is playing worse than him, just because he doesn't ever take any risks, always passing sideways or backwards. And someone called him Welsh F***ing Xavi, wonder who that person was  :ernie:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #622: Jul 10, 2015 07:14:55 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #623: Jul 11, 2015 01:41:20 am
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #624: Jul 29, 2015 01:12:30 pm
      Ron Vlarr is too good of a CB to be a free agent, i've noticed alberto aqualani is now a free agent haha.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #625: Jul 29, 2015 01:45:32 pm
      Ron Vlarr is too good of a CB to be a free agent, i've noticed alberto aqualani is now a free agent haha.

He's a free agent because he refused to sign a new contract at Villa and he got injured for 4 months so obviously is going to pay him around 40k-50k a week for 4 months when he's injured.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #626: Jul 29, 2015 01:49:24 pm

Let's sign them both up then change our club name to Liverpool Fracture Clinic.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #627: Jul 29, 2015 01:52:23 pm
      Asset my arse, wait till he's shoved off the ball in every game against top 4 sides.

He's a mediocre player who stands up when everyone else is playing worse than him, just because he doesn't ever take any risks, always passing sideways or backwards. And someone called him Welsh F***ing Xavi, wonder who that person was  :ernie:

Its harsh words but I agree. +1. He's the weak link in the middle. I'm still waiting or a quality DM, I'm still waiting. Looks like BR still didn't realise he needed one badly, too much sentiments attached to Allen. With a quality DM, we would have a very well balance team this time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #628: Jul 29, 2015 02:13:00 pm

Isn't this topic for discussing the players that have ACTUALLY come in or gone out?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #629: Jul 29, 2015 03:00:04 pm
      Isn't this topic for discussing the players that have ACTUALLY come in or gone out?
      could have been a potential in on a free.. he's better than lovren
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #630: Jul 29, 2015 03:04:13 pm
      So outs are not happening as quick as we would have liked due to most of the pre-season being over already. we still need to shift the below in order
      1. Borini
      2. ballotelli
      3. lambert
      and i dont care but Joe Allen

all 4 of them are hardly going to get a game if ever who is allen better than in our squad? the same goes for all the others the 3 of them strikers have all been replaced/upgraded in the summer. If we can sell the first 3 this summe we could recoupe 15mil(ish) as Ballotelli is an unwanted man and the other two have not played enought to justify anything above 4-5mil, allen we could get no more than 7-8mil only due to his young age. As lucas looks set to stay and fight for a DM role it just pushes allen down the the pecking order.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #631: Jul 30, 2015 02:25:42 pm
      So outs are not happening as quick as we would have liked due to most of the pre-season being over already. we still need to shift the below in order
      1. Borini
      2. ballotelli
      3. lambert
      and i dont care but Joe Allen

all 4 of them are hardly going to get a game if ever who is allen better than in our squad? the same goes for all the others the 3 of them strikers have all been replaced/upgraded in the summer. If we can sell the first 3 this summe we could recoupe 15mil(ish) as Ballotelli is an unwanted man and the other two have not played enought to justify anything above 4-5mil, allen we could get no more than 7-8mil only due to his young age. As lucas looks set to stay and fight for a DM role it just pushes allen down the the pecking order.

Some guy on twitter was getting stressed about this as well. ;D

It will be what it will be, they aint gonna play much anyway, so its up to them to get a move.

Guys like borini who have been here for a while annoy me a bit though, they should take a leaf out of young wisdoms book and just get a loan to get games.

Lambert I have no problems with, looks like he will get a move no probs.

Balo, its a case of we have to lower our price and he has to lower his wages, Can see him staying and being 3rd or 4th choice until studger is fit, then move in january.

Allen aint going anywhere mate, not this season anyways.

The other who should probably move for his own sake is Jose Enrique, if he is fit, he shld just get a loan or a pernament deal. personally Id like him to stay, but seems he is always injured or maybe BR has just decided nah, not for me. ?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #632: Jul 31, 2015 02:15:45 pm
      Lambert edging closer today wish him all the luck in the world hope he gets 1st team togger.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #633: Aug 04, 2015 12:31:49 pm
      3 more to try and shift
      1. Ballotelli 2 yrs remaining
      2. Borini  - 2yrs remaining I think
      3. Jose  - last year of his contract.

Max for all 3 would be 15mil and that's pushing it due to lack of game time and injuries etc and contract lenghts so I think these 3 will still be here till the depths of the window. Jose might stay and run out his contract Fabio will probably go last minute with Mario going on loan I think

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #634: Sep 01, 2015 08:33:49 am
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #635: Sep 01, 2015 08:37:45 am
      WTF,so we were sending him on another loan with all the Europa league and cup games coming.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #636: Sep 01, 2015 09:19:15 am
      How about we keep Tiago and send Rodgers on loan to Sunderland instead?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #637: Sep 01, 2015 09:26:46 am
      How about we keep Tiago and send Rodgers on loan to Sunderland instead?

I will second that, is loaning everyone out this years fad........
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #638: Sep 01, 2015 09:52:43 am

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  4m4 minutes ago
      #LFC have a deal in place with West Brom for Jose Enrique. Nominal fee involved.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #639: Sep 01, 2015 10:24:50 am
      WTF,so we were sending him on another loan with all the Europa league and cup games coming.

He won't get games in that either, there are four cbs in front of him that will play

Toure/Sakho will play EL

His potential only route in the EL would have been full back but if we put a loan in place then Rodgers can't have him in mind for that either
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #640: Sep 01, 2015 10:33:41 am
      He won't get games in that either, there are four cbs in front of him that will play

Toure/Sakho will play EL

His potential only route in the EL would have been full back but if we put a loan in place then Rodgers can't have him in mind for that either
      Pretty bizzare as he hasn't even played a single match for us in 2 years while Joe Gomez  has been given four starts already(not saying Joe shouldn't).

If i remember correctly,he had a top game against Barca.Why isn't he in Rodgers' plans is bit surprising as it seems he could be a very good player for us.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #641: Sep 01, 2015 10:38:51 am
      Pretty bizzare as he hasn't even played a single match for us in 2 years while Joe Gomez  has been given four starts already(not saying Joe shouldn't).

If i remember correctly,he had a top game against Barca.Why isn't he in Rodgers' plans is bit surprising as it seems he could be a very good player for us.

It's odd isn't it, but I'm just going to go along the lines that he isn't developing like they thought and isn't impressing in training - which we don't see so can't comment - but the story went that Gomez was lined to go out on loan until he grabbed training by the scruff of the neck and impressed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #642: Sep 01, 2015 11:04:16 am
      It's odd isn't it, but I'm just going to go along the lines that he isn't developing like they thought and isn't impressing in training - which we don't see so can't comment - but the story went that Gomez was lined to go out on loan until he grabbed training by the scruff of the neck and impressed.

I'd like to see him given a shot - my sense is though that it's his physicality rather than his football that's standing in his way. For me - the ability to move the ball out of defence fluently is one of the things we're missing.

Our CB's appear to major on physicality - but their reading of the game is very mediocre.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #643: Sep 01, 2015 11:21:44 am
      I'd like to see him given a shot - my sense is though that it's his physicality rather than his football that's standing in his way. For me - the ability to move the ball out of defence fluently is one of the things we're missing.

Our CB's appear to major on physicality - but their reading of the game is very mediocre.

On an outside looking in perspective as well his pace would be an asset as with the two we have the defence often plays deep because they are worried on the turn high up bringing the midfield deeper with them and then leaving a big gap to the exposes looking forwards.. With more pace that you aren't worried on the turn higher up you can push out and get numbers forward

But there must be a reason he isn't anywhere near and my logical brain says it must be training

I'd love to have seen him play every minute of the EL at cb to see how he does but there looks no way it will happen with the four more experience and expensive in his way
      Accepting a loan offer tells you he isn't in the managers plans even for that comp

Quick Reply