Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 92291 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #644: Sep 01, 2015 12:50:18 pm
      Rumours that Villa are now enquiring about Tiago after he turned down Sunderland.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #645: Sep 01, 2015 12:58:00 pm
      Rumours that Villa are now enquiring about Tiago after he turned down Sunderland.

They're about to sign Lescott and they already start with Richards (captain) and Clark so it'd seem pointless to loan him out for him to sit on Villa's shitty bench.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #646: Sep 01, 2015 01:18:33 pm

We should just sell Lovren and play Ilori, Sakho or Can ffs :(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #647: Sep 01, 2015 01:32:52 pm
      He won't get games in that either, there are four cbs in front of him that will play

Toure/Sakho will play EL

I'd sooner use Ilori there than Toure Jon.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #648: Sep 01, 2015 01:38:58 pm
      It's a shame the club aren't even ambitious enough to go for Yarmalenko. We lack pace and goals up front he offers both.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #649: Sep 01, 2015 01:52:38 pm
      I'd sooner use Ilori there than Toure Jon.

Oh me too

But I dont think Brendan will

Wouldn't suprise me if Kolo ends up skippering the EL side
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #650: Sep 01, 2015 01:58:19 pm
      Oh me too

But I dont think Brendan will

Wouldn't suprise me if Kolo ends up skippering the EL side

Probably. Although Lucas should have that job.

We were in a position where Kolo shouldn't have had yo play a game for us this season barring injury.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #651: Sep 01, 2015 02:31:26 pm
      They're about to sign Lescott and they already start with Richards (captain) and Clark so it'd seem pointless to loan him out for him to sit on Villa's shitty bench.

isn't lescott going to west brom ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #652: Sep 01, 2015 02:36:06 pm
      On an outside looking in perspective as well his pace would be an asset as with the two we have the defence often plays deep because they are worried on the turn high up bringing the midfield deeper with them and then leaving a big gap to the exposes looking forwards.. With more pace that you aren't worried on the turn higher up you can push out and get numbers forward

But there must be a reason he isn't anywhere near and my logical brain says it must be training

I'd love to have seen him play every minute of the EL at cb to see how he does but there looks no way it will happen with the four more experience and expensive in his way
      Accepting a loan offer tells you he isn't in the managers plans even for that comp

Yep agreed on pace and conclusion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #653: Sep 01, 2015 02:45:57 pm
      Net spend looking like around £5m, wasn't there a bumper TV deal done recently, hasn't our commercial revenue improved year on year?

I wonder if this has something to do with the chat Brendan had with FSG = sell to buy but we're saving our money if you fail or it's just lack of investment?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #654: Sep 01, 2015 02:54:20 pm
      Net spend looking like around £5m, wasn't there a bumper TV deal done recently, hasn't our commercial revenue improved year on year?

I wonder if this has something to do with the chat Brendan had with FSG = sell to buy but we're saving our money if you fail or it's just lack of investment?

I've no real problem with a low net spend Luke as long as we get the players we need and move on the one's we don't.

Time will tell if we have though.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #655: Sep 01, 2015 02:56:57 pm

Once again the owners have ducked and dived, danced between the raindrops and spent the best part of f*ck all (infact when you take into account the money saved on Gerrard/Johnson wages it probably is f*ck all).

All that said though, lets not allow ourselves to get cloudy over the real issues at the club at the moment. The squad we currently have is IMHO good enough to very seriously challenge for the top four, regardless of who signed them and how much they cost. From here it's down to the manager to get the players to work as a cohesive unit, the owners are c***s but there will be no excuses if we play as bad as Saturday very often. 

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #656: Sep 01, 2015 03:30:17 pm
      I've no real problem with a low net spend Luke as long as we get the players we need and move on the one's we don't.

Time will tell if we have though.

Exactly, in fact, it would be great to have a low net spend IF it meant there was big money available in the event that a true world class player was available.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #657: Sep 01, 2015 03:32:06 pm

the new tv deal is for next season onwards
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #658: Sep 01, 2015 03:43:45 pm
      the new tv deal is for next season onwards

Cheers, so United will be paying £90m for 19 year olds then? ;D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #659: Sep 01, 2015 03:46:31 pm
      Cheers, so United will be paying £90m for 19 year olds then? ;D
      Off course,after failing to qualify for CL this season they will become even more desperate. :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #660: Sep 01, 2015 03:49:37 pm
      Off course,after failing to qualify for CL this season they will become even more desperate. :D

Here's hoping.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #661: Sep 01, 2015 04:15:02 pm
      isn't lescott going to west brom ?

No you tw*t, he isn't, keep up fatty, he was already playing for west brom you knob.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #662: Sep 01, 2015 04:35:45 pm
      Draxler to Wolfsburg is a bloody good transfer!

And Villa have signed their 12th player this window, and yet are interested in Ilori  :-\
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #663: Sep 01, 2015 04:39:47 pm
      No reus then???bugger
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #664: Sep 01, 2015 04:43:54 pm

Scums had an enquiry as part of the Januzaj loan deal and Dortmund quoted £60m..

Dunno who said 'F**k off' at the end!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #665: Sep 01, 2015 04:50:51 pm
      Once again the owners have ducked and dived, danced between the raindrops and spent the best part of f*ck all (infact when you take into account the money saved on Gerrard/Johnson wages it probably is f*ck all).

All that said though, lets not allow ourselves to get cloudy over the real issues at the club at the moment. The squad we currently have is IMHO good enough to very seriously challenge for the top four, regardless of who signed them and how much they cost. From here it's down to the manager to get the players to work as a cohesive unit, the owners are c***s but there will be no excuses if we play as bad as Saturday very often. 

I think this is part of the problem mate, our expectations have become so diminished that a top four challenge, rather than a title challenge has become the dream.

I accept that we do need to establish ourselves as a top 4 side once more, but I think that should be the starting point for our ambitions rather than an end in itself. We have spent more than enough imho to have a squad strong enough to challenge for the title. The problem for me hasn't just been our "net spend" but the players we have been buying. There doesn't seem to be any cohesive plan behind the players we have bought and rather like Meireles under Hodgson who admitted he had no idea of his best position when he signed, I am not sure Brendan knows how he is going to get the best out of them or even how they will fit in and improve the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #666: Sep 01, 2015 05:08:27 pm
      Scums had an enquiry as part of the Januzaj loan deal and Dortmund quoted £60m..

Dunno who said 'F**k off' at the end!!

But they paid almost £40M for a kid. Weird.

Quick Reply