Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 92338 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #667: Sep 01, 2015 05:32:49 pm
      But they paid almost £40M for a kid. Weird.

French press are quoting €80 Million.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #668: Sep 01, 2015 09:45:05 pm

No?  :mad:

And I'd put his name on my shirt as well...
      Oh well. There's always January.
      2016, 17, 18...
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #669: Sep 02, 2015 04:02:17 pm
      I think this is part of the problem mate, our expectations have become so diminished that a top four challenge, rather than a title challenge has become the dream.

Exactly. And I'm sure that with a 60m extra spend back when they took over, we'd be Champs Lge regulars and very close to a title.

As things stand, player prices have risen. But our status has plummeted. We now attract less from sponsors/commercial relative to the top 4, and we dont have CL fball.

People go on "Fenway are doing great for us commercially". But they arent. Football is becoming more lucrative as a whole (internet, satellite, increased wealth in Asia etc) but we're actually slipping further behind the teams we should be ahead of.

There needs to be either a sizable investement on players, or  the team will slip further behind.
      Thats why I'm really not that arsed about it, with the shower of sh*t I've seen again this Summer.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #670: Sep 08, 2015 01:17:39 pm
      Exactly. And I'm sure that with a 60m extra spend back when they took over, we'd be Champs Lge regulars and very close to a title.

As things stand, player prices have risen. But our status has plummeted. We now attract less from sponsors/commercial relative to the top 4, and we dont have CL fball.

People go on "Fenway are doing great for us commercially". But they arent. Football is becoming more lucrative as a whole (internet, satellite, increased wealth in Asia etc) but we're actually slipping further behind the teams we should be ahead of.

There needs to be either a sizable investement on players, or  the team will slip further behind.
      Thats why I'm really not that arsed about it, with the shower of sh*t I've seen again this Summer.

It doesn't matter how much money we have, we could be richer than city and still buy crap.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #671: Sep 08, 2015 10:59:18 pm
      It doesn't matter how much money we have, we could be richer than city and still buy crap.

I think 13 of the last 24 signings are not playing football for LFC if that isnt the most single damnation of a failed transfer policy then I dont know what is.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #672: Sep 08, 2015 11:01:12 pm

We ARE richer than City. Less income, because the Yanksters have been busy desecrating LFC for 5 yrs.

But the Yanksters don't want to fix the illness or make any investment.

And why the hell would we be buying crap if they stumped up for decent players and a decent manager.
      120m for rebuilding and Rafa would say "the idea is Christian Poulsen is a player I am liking... how you say in Engleesh... very much".

Thats about the most bizarre WUM  thing I've read in ages.

Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #673: Sep 09, 2015 09:20:31 am

Thats about the most bizarre WUM  thing I've read in ages.

Are you referring to my comment? or rafa?

Not meant to wind up anyone, just the truth mate.

We could have 400 million to spend and still end up with half of crystal palaces team (if they over achieve a little), our scouting is just as bad as spurs.
      There is a reason to this, it seems our policy is to buy young players with great potential which is great, really great until you realise they are simply not doing it for us. That's our problem, we would rather buy quantity than quality.
      I'd take one world class proven player who is hitting 26/27 years old than getting 4 wonderkids who more than likely wont reach anyones expectations (especially with Brendan's judgement), which we all know is really high at this football club. Rafa knew how to pick them though, with Sterling, Coutinho etc.
      I'd say Emre Can was a good spot though, I can see him being a really important player for us in the future.

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #674: Oct 12, 2015 11:55:57 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #675: Oct 14, 2015 05:27:13 pm

Awesome young player. Very mature for his age. Would be brilliant for us although he has a £29 million release clause. But if Kloppo really wants him I think he'll get his man.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #676: Oct 22, 2015 05:38:34 pm
      First time in ages that I've been confident that we'll get whoever we're actually in for.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #677: Oct 25, 2015 01:19:16 pm
      With Sherwood gone from Villa this has to be a job for Brendan and that could actually mean Joe Allen going to Villa.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #678: Oct 25, 2015 06:59:54 pm
      With Sherwood gone from Villa this has to be a job for Brendan and that could actually mean Joe Allen going to Villa.

Unfortunately he's not favourite, agreed wherever he goes it would be nice if he could take "wee Joe" off our hands.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #679: Oct 26, 2015 05:18:24 am
      Unfortunately he's not favourite, agreed wherever he goes it would be nice if he could take "wee Joe" off our hands.

Looked a proper sour puss on the bench wee Joe too yesterday.

Quick Reply