Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (11.4%)
      Kolo Toure
      3 (6.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (22.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (6.8%)
      Emre Can
      4 (9.1%)
      Joe Allen
      8 (18.2%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      9 (20.5%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Mario Balotelli
      2 (4.5%)
      Javi Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2015 09:15:11 am

Besiktas 1-0 LFC (1-1 agg / 5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match Debate

Read 55219 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Besiktas 1-0 LFC (1-1 agg / 5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #920: Feb 27, 2015 01:25:58 pm
      Yes mate I'm pleased were out, we've had a sh*t start to the season, we've just got our league form sorted out and got ourselves into a position where qualifying for the champions league is pretty much in our own hands.

As much as it would have been in our own hands in the europa, its a lottery them two leg affairs and penalties as shown tonight, I stated my reasons, I'd have hated for us to get distracted by europe, our league form stutter, finish 5th or 6th and not win the europa.

All that work 'Building a squad' last summer would be undone when we started to sell players to fall in line with the lack of revenue, f**k that I want us to qualify for the Champions League by finishing as high up the league table as we possibly can, starting by beating shitty at the weekend.

Well while you were egging on Besiktas I was supporting Liverpool.

You know I got time for you on here Daz but right now, you're talking out of your ring.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #921: Feb 27, 2015 03:10:29 pm
      Was a very poor display in the second half, you'd almost think the lads didn't really want to progress ;-)

In all honesty I'm not to downhearted as long as this doesn't mean we are entering another period of poor form. We need a good reaction from the lads on Sunday.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #922: Feb 27, 2015 03:18:56 pm
      http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-3DGRgWoAAMyqg.jpg

Hopefully Sakho is fit and we can put the team back together.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #923: Feb 27, 2015 03:30:40 pm
      A bit of s shame we won't see Gerrard in European game for LFC again.

Does not sound right.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #924: Feb 27, 2015 03:45:07 pm
      Lovren should not have been let near a pen. He's an emotional wreck and hasn't put a foot right all season. Idiotic decision.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #925: Feb 27, 2015 03:47:33 pm
      A bit of s shame we won't see Gerrard in European game for LFC again.

Does not sound right.

Agree.

But we were cr*p last night.

The *only* benefit from this weeks combined euro losses .... it's just made manure's chances of euro qualification diminish as they had to be hoping that combined Arsenal / Spuds and our excursions deep into competitions would have weakened efforts in the league.
      VYCMas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | 14 
      Reply #926: Feb 27, 2015 04:44:07 pm
      Thank you for all your good wishes to Beşiktaş.I will support Liverpool for top 4 too. I think Liverpool or Manu will be 3. in league as you know Arsenal will be 4. like every season :D

Liverpool has the advantage because Manu has worldwide players but Liverpool has a team. Good luck in PL.

We will play against Club Brugge in last 16 round.Probably the weakest team in EL. It will be much easier than Liverpool matchs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #927: Feb 27, 2015 05:14:08 pm
      Thank you for all your good wishes to Beşiktaş.I will support Liverpool for top 4 too. I think Liverpool or Manu will be 3. in league as you know Arsenal will be 4. like every season :D

Liverpool has the advantage because Manu has worldwide players but Liverpool has a team. Good luck in PL.

We will play against Club Brugge in last 16 round.Probably the weakest team in EL. It will be much easier than Liverpool matchs.

All the best to Besiktas, you throughly deserved to win last as your players wanted it more.
      liamgarvey
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #928: Feb 27, 2015 05:47:56 pm
      Where was our midfield in the second half? We certainly missed Lucas, Gerard, Henderson and Coutinho.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #929: Feb 27, 2015 06:17:56 pm
      All the best to Besiktas, you throughly deserved to win last as your players fouled and dived more.
      Fixed it for you :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #930: Feb 27, 2015 06:21:57 pm

Now now no need to be bitter we are not Everton!!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #931: Feb 27, 2015 06:27:28 pm
      Now now no need to be bitter we are not Everton!!

Not bitter, just don't like teams that play that way. Calling it like I see it. That's not football.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #932: Feb 27, 2015 06:34:59 pm
      https://vine.co/v/O21nOKME3Fv

May have been posted, don't know.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #933: Feb 27, 2015 07:59:20 pm
      I hate it when we lose.  It feels like its not real, like someones made a mistake because we can't lose because we're Liverpool.  The next day is a real downer - I have to ask myself the question
      "do I care too much about football" then a nano-second later I think nah, bring on Citeh!!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #934: Feb 27, 2015 08:18:34 pm
      Thanks for the idea Joao but you are a bit limited for pace.

i do not see any difference in pace between the 2 what i see he has is vision for a pass and eye for goal
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #935: Feb 27, 2015 09:20:36 pm
      Lovren should not have been let near a pen. He's an emotional wreck and hasn't put a foot right all season. Idiotic decision.

When he stepped up, I saw his first eye movement was to long up into the crowd.  :roll:

That's excatly where he hit his penalty!  :mad:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #936: Feb 27, 2015 09:25:12 pm
      Its a crime that Sterling, who has pretty much got us where we are this season, was not given a chance at a spot kick to take us through.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #937: Feb 27, 2015 10:12:49 pm
      Think the bottom line is, Brendan isn't astute enough to know how to manage a side to win in europe. He will be with more experience, but this game shouldn't have got as far as pens, and BR's starting 11 and subs made it difficult for us, not the brilliance of Bilic. As for Lovres pen. So who hasn't missed a pen ? well out of those brave enough to take one.
      Time will tell and Brendan will learn. Why the weakened side I ask. Perhaps BR will become more aware of the ares he can afford to weaken slightly, and those he can't.
      All ready for C.L. Next season.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #938: Feb 28, 2015 08:37:48 am
      I'm not going to go on about the Lovren penalty. I didn't comment on the night because we were so crap and I do realise the atmosphere there affected the ref a bit.
      But, from the second half on we had no winning spirit or the team were set out to play at a pace that is deemed European style,  the tempo should be the same as the league, that is only asset you can take into any competition, I don't understand or rather I don't get why English teams start playing like the competitors (their pace, their league) all of a sudden, just play the tempo you play in your league.
      Grab the ball back and fight going forward.
      We were crap. Down to the manager this one because I'm sure the game plan was bombarded into their heads pre match and his weird subs. F***ing passion not shown guy Brendan.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #939: Feb 28, 2015 08:24:31 pm
      Quote from althebest1
      Only my own personal opinion but I hate the Thursday night football and anyone who thinks it doesn't affect form in the Premier are deluded. Yes it would have been great IF we had gone on and won the cup, but then again we could have played a lot of games to get beat in the final/semis and meanwhile Spurs and UTD get a free run advantage over us. Well now we are on a level playing field with those two and firmly believe we can get 3rd or 4th no excuses, if we had stayed in the competition I believe we would have struggled big time.

Last November, we got a vital draw in Sofia which helped keep us in Europe. Less than 72 hours later, we had to come home and play Stoke. We won 1-0. Earlier that month players had 16 days to prepare for the trip to Palace. We played well for 2 minutes.

We have been playing twice a week since we went to Sofia, and it's given us our best run of the season. So it should not be any problem for us to cope with now. Everybody in the league plays the same number of games. You finish where you deserve to finish.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #940: Feb 28, 2015 09:26:26 pm
      Its a crime that Sterling, who has pretty much got us where we are this season, was not given a chance at a spot kick to take us through.

I doubt he was denied a chance to take a penalty. I think he just didn't want to take it for some reason. Big minus in my book. If you want big contract you have to take responsibility in such situation and justify your claim.   
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #941: Feb 28, 2015 09:45:01 pm
      I doubt he was denied a chance to take a penalty. I think he just didn't want to take it for some reason. Big minus in my book. If you want big contract you have to take responsibility in such situation and justify your claim.

Probably his missed pen earlier in the season had something to do with it? Anyway, we don't know so there's no point slagging the player off without evidence.

Quick Reply