Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      15 (9.7%)
      Allen
      36 (23.2%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      5 (3.2%)
      Sterling
      3 (1.9%)
      Coutinho
      95 (61.3%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      K Touré
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Liverpool 2:1 Man City, In game and post match debate.

Read 38001 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 Man City, In game and post match debate.
      Reply #552: Mar 02, 2015 07:44:36 pm
      I'm surprised that Pelligerini never thought of bringing Jovetic on...that pr**k likes to score against us. Was happy when he never got a gig. Thanks Manuel!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #553: Mar 02, 2015 09:10:27 pm
      And a better back up keeper and I'm with you mate.  There'll be a few to go in the summer but if we're sticking with the 343 set up, weirdly more of our current players fit better than they would in a 433 or other formations.

I think the spine of the team is where the experience should be. An experienced first choice goalkeeper is a must but so is replacing Gerrard in the midfield. With him gone you're looking at a two in the middle consisting of Lucas/Allen and Henderson none of whom are terribly experienced in Europe. I'd be looking to replace one of those three in the middle with an experienced, quality player in his prime and throw in another top striker and with Skrtel in defence, we'd have a strong, experienced spine of the team.

Just three players in the Summer, that's all I think we need for now. Quality over quantity should be the focus this Summer. I'd also be looking to extend Toure's contract by another year because he's a useful vet to have at the club.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #554: Mar 02, 2015 09:22:34 pm
      I think the spine of the team is where the experience should be. An experienced first choice goalkeeper is a must but so is replacing Gerrard in the midfield. With him gone you're looking at a two in the middle consisting of Lucas/Allen and Henderson none of whom are terribly experienced in Europe. I'd be looking to replace one of those three in the middle with an experienced, quality player in his prime and throw in another top striker and with Skrtel in defence, we'd have a strong, experienced spine of the team.

Just three players in the Summer, that's all I think we need for now. Quality over quantity should be the focus this Summer. I'd also be looking to extend Toure's contract by another year because he's a useful vet to have at the club.

We probably will bring in another CM but I'd be very surprised if they were in their prime or had more European experience than we already have.  It'll be someone like Milner, plenty of experience, past his prime and with no transfer fee, or another up and comer.

joshuaaa07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #555: Mar 03, 2015 04:18:07 am
      Watching the Barca v city game the other week was really scary thinking they would get a kick up the ass. Especially there top 4, who in the barca game played terrible - barely moved, gave no options for there midfield. Luckily the extra movement they made against us wasn't quite enough. Scary last ten with aguero and silva running at lovren. but in the end we made it. Wouldn't be surprised if we got 2nd, yeah go on grab your shovels and bury me, but bite your tongue when we do it  ;)
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #556: Mar 03, 2015 08:57:32 am
      What a very good performance, the best of the season for me.  When they equalised I feared the worst, but that was really there only clear chance and we responded very well.  The second half it did feel like a matter of time before we scored and that goal was worthy of winning any game.

Obviously Coutinho got all the plaudits with another exceptional performance, but I gave my MOTM to Allen, as I thought he was superb - not only tireless running, but he was very good on the ball.  Possibly his best performance for us.

I thought Lovren actually defended pretty well for the most part and looked like a proper defender, and while his distribution was a bit hit and miss, I felt as though he was trying not to just hoof it out, but the hoof definitely has its place.

One of the most impressive things was that the average age of the starting 11 was less than 24.  I think that at the moment when we get it right, our football is as impressive as it was last year.  However the load is spread much more across the team.

Quick Reply