Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Major League Soccer

Read 107564 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #138: Aug 09, 2015 01:47:59 pm
      Nemeth with a great looping header for Sporting Kansas to put them back in the lead. This is a quality game so far. Current score is 2-1 with half an hour gone. Sky Sports 5 if anybody wants to watch.

Nemeth has been superb for Kansas City. Great signing by them, and it's nice to see him make a decent career for himself after leaving the Academy.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #139: Aug 09, 2015 02:08:01 pm
      Nemeth has been superb for Kansas City. Great signing by them, and it's nice to see him make a decent career for himself after leaving the Academy.

Think I'll add SKC to the list of teams I'll try and watch a bit more often.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #140: Aug 09, 2015 09:08:52 pm
      Looking forward to this LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders game. A repeat of last year's Western Conference final.

Gerrard, Dos Santos, Keane and Zardes all start for LA. Seattle however look very week up top without Martins and Dempsey and they've been in some really bad form so I'm going for a 2-0 win to LA.

Edit: What do I know, Seattle score inside a minute :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #141: Aug 09, 2015 09:13:36 pm
      Looking forward to this LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders game. A repeat of last year's Western Conference final.

Gerrard, Dos Santos, Keane and Zardes all start for LA. Seattle however look very week up top without Martins and Dempsey and they've been in some really bad form so I'm going for a 2-0 win to LA.

Edit: What do I know, Seattle score inside a minute :D

LA should be embarrassed. Anytime Chad Barrett scores, an angel dies ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #142: Aug 09, 2015 09:22:59 pm
      Zardes 1-1. I remember when I first started watching the MLS a couple of years ago and he stood out immediately. To be fair to him it wasn't only because of the hair :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #143: Aug 09, 2015 10:11:19 pm
      Zardes 1-1. I remember when I first started watching the MLS a couple of years ago and he stood out immediately. To be fair to him it wasn't only because of the hair :D

I love the hair! Bradford Jamieson does the same thing too haha
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #144: Aug 09, 2015 10:19:15 pm
      Keane 2-1 to LA. Great move by the Galaxy, with dos Santos getting an accidental assist.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #145: Aug 09, 2015 10:31:40 pm
      Gio dos Santos, 3-1 LA.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #146: Aug 09, 2015 10:38:41 pm

That was my original prediction for the final score so will be funny if it stays like this. Seattle have had the chances but wasted them. LA seem too clinical for Seattle.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #147: Aug 10, 2015 01:08:32 am
      Wow, really enjoying the New York derby!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #148: Aug 10, 2015 01:32:38 am
      Wow, really enjoying the New York derby!!

It's so intense it's blowing the shorts off people :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt_rvA6BsEA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #149: Aug 10, 2015 02:57:36 am
      MLS Week 21

Montreal 1-1 New York Red Bulls
      Goals from Oduro and Sam cancel each other out. Montreal went down a man for the final 15-odd minutes and did very well to stifle RBNY from getting anything more out of the match.

Toronto 4-1 Orlando
      GIOVINCO! His second hat trick of the season (a penalty, a 30-yard free kick, and a solid finish in stoppage time). He's practically got one hand on that MVP trophy.

Portland 1-0 Chicago
      Back to reality for the Fire :laugh: Portland were definitely deserved winners in this. It was an interesting move by Frank Yallop, the Chicago manager. The Fire are by all means DONE this season with the worst record in the league, but have a semifinal for the US Open Cup on Wednesday (our FA Cup, if you will). He played his strongest available XI on turf and a difficult atmosphere, and the star player, David Accam, pulled his hammy in the first half.

Toronto 1-3 Kansas City
      Soft penalty awarded to KC that Feilhaber scores. Toronto equalized 60 seconds later through Bradley, assisted by Giovinco, who's been involved in 20 of Toronto's last 25 or 26 goals. Nemeth grabbed another goal for himself a few minutes later through a crazy looped header. Altidore had the chance to equalize in the final 10, but he pulled a Jozy Altidore and missed an open header from 6 yards out.

Orlando 0-0 Philadelphia
      Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Montreal 0-1 DC
      HISTORY! DC United became the first team in league history to win a game with only 1 shot the entire game. Chris Rolfe has had a renaissance year. No Drogba yet for Montreal.

Colorado 1-2 Columbus
      Only Columbus' second away win on the year. They conceded early again, but Kei Kamara continues his superb form with 2 more goals. 17 goals to lead the league -- none of them have been penalties. Ridiculous.

Houston 2-1 San Jose
      Ugly game, but a win here is very important for Houston to stay within touching distance of a playoff spot. DaMarcus Beasley got his first goal in MLS since the 2003 MLS Cup. (To be fair, back then, he was a superb winger for Chicago before moving to PSV Eindhoven, City, Rangers, Hannover, Puebla, and didn't return to the league until last year. He's a LB now too.)

Vancouver 4-0 Salt Lake
      Vancouver solidifies their lead atop the West with a comprehensive victory over RSL. The Whitecaps have given everybody some real trouble this year. They're going to be a tough team in the playoffs, especially at home.

LA 3-1 Seattle
      Chad Barrett gave Seattle the lead in the few 2 minutes then pulled his hamstring celebrating ;D Zardes, Keane and debutant dos Santos with goals. Seattle was missing quite a few players, but their form has been piss poor for 2 months now.

NY Red Bulls 2-0 New York City
      Red Bulls with the sweep of their rivals. Funny enough, NYC looked damn good the first 10 minutes, but RBNY weathered the storm and got the win. I'm a big fan of Matt Miazga at CB for RBNY. Homegrown kid could be a a big star in the league in a few years.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #150: Aug 10, 2015 12:54:01 pm
      One thing I've noticed, and I'm sure there is a stat that will prove me wrong, but there seems to be a lot of pens in the MLS?

Any truth in this?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #151: Aug 10, 2015 01:22:06 pm
      One thing I've noticed, and I'm sure there is a stat that will prove me wrong, but there seems to be a lot of pens in the MLS?

Any truth in this?

Never thought about it to be honest. One thing I have noticed is that there don't seem to be as many serial divers in MLS as in some other leagues. So maybe there's a connection there...maybe the refs are more likely to give a pen because players don't show the propensity to dive as much? Who knows...I very well may be talking out of my head. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #152: Aug 10, 2015 01:51:14 pm
      Never thought about it to be honest. One thing I have noticed is that there don't seem to be as many serial divers in MLS as in some other leagues. So maybe there's a connection there

Looks like I was right.

83 pens in the Premier League last year out of 380 games. A pen every 4.5 games.

130 pens in MLS last year out of 323 games. A pen every 2.5 games.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #153: Aug 10, 2015 04:43:36 pm
      Looks like I was right.

83 pens in the Premier League last year out of 380 games. A pen every 4.5 games.

130 pens in MLS last year out of 323 games. A pen every 2.5 games.

Definitely something worth noticing.

MLS always takes a lot more retroactive action as well. Elbows, bad tackles, bad calls, etc.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #154: Aug 11, 2015 09:20:49 pm
      Season ticket holder to the LA Galaxy.
      Get my fix of Stevie & Robbie Keane.
      Great to see Dos Santos has joined as well
      Our seats are about 30 feet from Alex Gerrard, David Beckham and Gordon Ramsey....it's LA after all so it does tend to bring in some famous expats.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #155: Aug 11, 2015 09:24:40 pm
      next home game is against NY City...Villa, Pirlo and Lampard.
      Gotta love seeing these fellas still enjoying their footy in my adopted home town
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #156: Aug 11, 2015 10:25:28 pm
      next home game is against NY City...Villa, Pirlo and Lampard.
      Gotta love seeing these fellas still enjoying their footy in my adopted home town

Jealous! I wanted to get tickets to that and travel out to LA but couldn't swing it with my work schedule.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #157: Aug 11, 2015 10:28:04 pm
      Jealous! I wanted to get tickets to that and travel out to LA but couldn't swing it with my work schedule.

Should be a fun one.
      Missed the sounder game because I am working in bloody orlando at the moment.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #158: Aug 17, 2015 02:44:23 pm
      I've failed you all once again. Only thing I'll say is: Kansas City with a huge comeback win over Vancouver -- SKC are looking dangerous; LA did well to come from behind and win in Dallas; Seattle got Obafemi Martins back and he paid huge dividends, scoring twice.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #159: Aug 17, 2015 03:04:06 pm
      I've failed you all once again. Only thing I'll say is: Kansas City with a huge comeback win over Vancouver -- SKC are looking dangerous; LA did well to come from behind and win in Dallas; Seattle got Obafemi Martins back and he paid huge dividends, scoring twice.

Dude, that Union/Fire game was outstanding, I hope you were able to see it. What a finish and what a game by Sean Johnson.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #160: Aug 17, 2015 03:11:41 pm
      Dude, that Union/Fire game was outstanding, I hope you were able to see it. What a finish and what a game by Sean Johnson.

I wasn't able to! I know, I missed a stormer, but saw the highlights. Johnson was superb.

Quick Reply